• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Air cleaner.... Ugggggggggg

IMG 20170519 185217
I met that guy on a ferry to nanaimo. lovely fellow :) the rider was very pleasant company as well

Dogs in a sidecar rig? Who in the hell would ever do such a weird thing as that?

Some people... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still have Moxie Rose, my French Bulldog but sadly, my beautiful English Bulldog, Magpie (Maggie Mae) died almost 2 years ago. I miss her more than anything.

A0ED44CA 74BB 4A1F BF12 B46D21A4384D 1 201 a

My ‘17 California 1400 is approaching the mileage where I need to replace the air filter. Are there any issues with disconnecting the battery? I assume I’ll have to reset the clock?

My ‘17 California 1400 is approaching the mileage where I need to replace the air filter. Are there any issues with disconnecting the battery? I assume I’ll have to reset the clock?

1. Step one - Quickly down all 6 shots of grappa. Wait 5 minutes for numbing happiness to spread over you.

2. Step two - Grasp gasoline powered high speed metal cutting wheel tool firmly with both hands, while carefully applying to frame to cut access pathway…

:D:D:D

Dogs in a sidecar rig? Who in the hell would ever do such a weird thing as that?

Some people... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still have Moxie Rose, my French Bulldog but sadly, my beautiful English Bulldog, Magpie (Maggie Mae) died almost 2 years ago. I miss her more than anything.

View attachment 22104
5984A1A4 9C19 4335 A9E0 FA5C7EA01468
I miss my co-pilot Spots, too.

The lid slots in at the bottom of the air filter box and in my opinion the two bottoms clips are over kill and they are the ones that cause most of the problems, I left them off last time and it was a piece of cake.

To get to the carbs on a Goodwing so that you can actually begin to remove them (an additional 2.5 hour nightmare) takes 5 hours of painstakingly tedious and super careful body work removal and dismantling of virtually almost everything on the main motorcycle body including about 25 vacuum lines and connectors. The pieces of the bike spread around the shop like cancer!

Oh, and don’t forget a CANbus with 45+ damn button radio and communication crap that gets corrosion and dirt where nothing no longer functions as you struggle to determine, if and all, which contact is locking up the CANbus.

Yes indeed, last ones I’ll ever touch, so those customers around me, and there are a lot, are going to be up the creek without a paddle because no dealer will touch a 10+ year old Goldwing at all around here and I totally understand why.

I hate Goldwings!
I have been toying with the idea of getting a Goldie, but you have put me off that idea for good. I'll stick with my Guzzis. Thanks for your post!

That kind of “Unserviceability “ is what happens when an engineer designs something with no consideration that it will have to be accessed for servicing some day !
They might think of how it needs to be assembled on the line - and maybe not even that.
He/She might have had the design constraint of getting filtered air to the engine, and what they designed had to fit in a defined space - Period -
Someone needs to Give them one upside the head !! :wondering:

Hey , engineers brought us the Boeing 747 Max didn't they ? Peter

Ha - no, you can bet that was down to accountants who were allowed to sell planes to cheap airlines without the use of multiple redundant sensors (for which the plance had been designed), or the need for pilots to undertake costly training on the new safety features and how to overide them.

In the case of Ethiopian Airlines and Lion Air the plane only had one "pitch" sensor for the nose (a safety critical component) and it failed. With no second sensor to consult the plane hit the ground as the computer took over and tried to correct faulty sensor data.

With safety critical systems, it is often a requirement that at least 2 or preferebly 3 sensors (and backup systems) would be fitted (the space shuttle had 7). This was the case on planes in service with the more "reputable" airlines. All these things might have allowed the pilot to recover.

Just my 2 cents worth as somone with an interest in computer controlled safety critical systems

I am amused by complaints that changing the 1400 air filter is hard.Before I obtained my Eldorado I was a 30 year Goldwing rider.The last two being the 1800 models.To get to that air cleaner is a 4-5 hr job taking half the bike apart for access.Watch a U tube video on changing a 1800 air filter.It will make you feel good about the 1400.

I am amused by complaints that changing the 1400 air filter is hard.Before I obtained my Eldorado I was a 30 year Goldwing rider.The last two being the 1800 models.To get to that air cleaner is a 4-5 hr job taking half the bike apart for access.Watch a U tube video on changing a 1800 air filter.It will make you feel good about the 1400.

I think the difference lies with attitude and expectations. With the 'Wing, it's what you expect (or should do). You have to remove all that stuff and then put it back, so 4-5 hours is necessary for a job with all that bodywork. With the 1400, it's easy to get to (2 mins) but almost impossible to put the lower clips back on (well it was for me). After 2 hours I gave up. With a simple re-design it could have been another 2 minutes to put it back together - that was never gonna be true of the 'wing - but I take your point and feel your pain too. I always think back to posts like yours and Scott's when in a moment of madness I think it would be nice to get a 'wing.

I think the difference lies with attitude and expectations. With the 'Wing, it's what you expect (or should do). You have to remove all that stuff and then put it back, so 4-5 hours is necessary for a job with all that bodywork. With the 1400, it's easy to get to (2 mins) but almost impossible to put the lower clips back on (well it was for me). After 2 hours I gave up. With a simple re-design it could have been another 2 minutes to put it back together - that was never gonna be true of the 'wing - but I take your point and feel your pain too. I always think back to posts like yours and Scott's when in a moment of madness I think it would be nice to get a 'wing.
I loved all the Wings I rode over the years.Put close to a million miles on them.Just don't ride the way I use to with my advancing age.Love the 2020 Eldorado for my day rides. Feels lighter and handles like a much smaller bike.Plus it has been fun seeing peoples reaction to it-not many in my neck of the woods.

There is only one model of motorcycle that is BANNED from my shop forever. I absolutely refuse to work on those POS rolling disaster areas…

3 guesses which model…😆

Back