• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Kuryakyn Momentum Outrider Saddlebags

chimmu

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi, Does anyone have these on their Cal 1400 Custom? Thanks.

kuryakyn_momentum_outrider_saddlebags_750x750.jpg

I use something very similar from T-bags (on my 2018 Eldorado) and I found it necessary to fabricate a couple of
plates to keep them from rubbing (fenders , wheels etc.) . Easy to remove for shorter rides . Peter

Thanks. I'm considering them as I don't need that much storage more than 80 or 90% of the time :)

I ended up buying and using them on a 950mi trip... I'm happy with them. It's definitely smaller than the original panniers.

View attachment 23149

View attachment 23150
That looks great!!! I think you made a good choice. Soft luggage is lighter easer to deal with, drop it, toss it anywhere and not a big deal. The trick is just setting up the right mounting system. I run with a similar set-up, except there Vetter soft side bags which I purchased new 50 years ago and still in good shape and use them all the time, and also have the large Vetter tank bag. Ride Safe

I ended up buying and using them on a 950mi trip... I'm happy with them. It's definitely smaller than the original panniers.

View attachment 23149

View attachment 23150
They look great and practical. I have a Eldorado and use a Kriega 30 litre bag strapped to the passenger seat whenever on a tour and add two 10 litre ones to the side of the 30 litre if needed, it does become cumbersome. I would love to have a go these saddle bags but nothing permanent like C bows etc. I like the Eldo lines as they are.
How do these attach or hang so that they don't slip to one side? How do you keep them from chaffing the mudguard. Whilst these are for the Custom your comments would be of much help to see how would they go on a Eldo.

Cheers

I took them off recently and I don't have a picture. It should fit much better on the Eldo as the passenger seat is much narrower. I used all the 6 straps and the Velcro overlap. The Velcro in my case did not have a lot of overlap as the seat is very wide. The rear shock did touch the bags and I did not do anything for the mudguards. Maybe I should but I did not see much friction between them to worry about.

Attachments

• momentum.png
    momentum.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 4
I've looked around the web and I think I've found something lighter in weight, weather resistance, so that It'll much easier for me to carry luggage in hard wind and weather. Just wanted to know which of following would best suits the guzzi:

1. https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/body-n-bags/products/h-b-legacy-courier-bags ($249.50) couldn't be able to find that how'll I set them up. Do I have to buy any mountings separately?
Also, they've very expensive products on there, does anyone know a good place with lower pricings?

2. https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-bonafide-large-brown-motorcycle-cafe-racer-saddlebags/ ($119.99) found a videos on how they'll be mounted it's pretty easy to set them up. also, the guy have talked about the quality too and it seems of good quality. Just wanna know has anyone tried them on Guzzi?

Which is gonna be the best for my guzzi v7 iii? would appreciate any help or recommendations.

I think you misinterpreted my intention , it had nothing to do with where you had to post, more to do with
helping you get more responses , there are a lot more v7 owners than 1400 owners and hence a better chance
getting answers . Hope that's a bit clearer :) .
Peter

Back