• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

850tt aftermarket screen

You'll find that having vents or a gap at the bottom will add pressure behind the screen and will reduce buffeting and turbulence. What people often don't realize is that air rushes up from around the tank area. People have had success by spacing the windshield forward, sometimes by 2 inches. Then you can start with higher screens to create that quiet bubble

Just curious. What don't you like with the screen that is sold with the V85TT?
I think because it is noisy and turbulent behind it for him, as it is for many others. I fitted an even lower than stock screen to mine to sort it out for me.

Good news - Solved 90% of the turbulence issue for £10, by leaning the screen back. I'm 5'9 and this worked for me.
2 x M6 x 40mm stainless bolts and 12 x half inch tap washers. Remove existing lower guzzi screen bolts and place 1 washer on the outside of the screen under the stock black metal cap, and 5 more inside the screen. Before trying to tighten you'll need to loosen the top 2 screen bolts.

Hi Chris, thanks for your advice, I will take a look at Givi.
Hi I have the givi and still issues with buffeting , 5’9 tried every which way to adjust and get it good but still no luck. Just been away for 3500 mile trip and was a problem. love the bike but this spoils the pleasure. Need to try a different option if any ideas

Update: travel screen with Laminar lip is good! Im 5'8" and wind is just hitting top of helmet, I would say very little buffeting. Have you tried no windscreen? Ive had a few naked bikes and a clean blast of air has little buffeting.

What a shame. I was going to suggest California Scientific but I looked first and they don’t have any offerings for the V7/V85/V9 platform.

Bummer.

I hope you find the right one for you!

Back