• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"Modern" Guzzi tech in the Pittsburgh/Western PA/ Eastern Ohio region

FlyingFortressPitt

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
HELLO!

I am excited to have my first Moto Guzzi, a 2017 MGX-21 Flying Fortress. I have wanted one since they debuted. Unfortunately mine has some issues that are beyond my mechanical skill's and I am in need of a shop that has the proper equipment to diagnose these machines. I am open to a long drive anywhere up to 3 hours from the Pittsburgh area would be doable.

There is a dealer in Accident MD, who used to be Guzzi of Maryland. I called and they are booked till Nov. Additionally there is a small powersports dealer in Tyrone PA called Kissler, they just became certified and I have no knowledge of the workmanship there.

If anyone has any suggestions, or knows a dude with a laptop (lol) that wants to help let me know!

I have dealt with those dealers and more within your range fan. Have been to and bought from the Accident, Md., place. Have vsisited and chatted with Kissel in last month or so.

The former stays very busy with motorcycles, ATV's, PWC's, and more in every season.

The latter is a well-respected beemer sales and service operation. I give them high marks for candor on Guzzi service, and, quite frankly, would trust them despite their newness to the marque.

Just inside your 300-mile travel window is https://cadrecycle.com in Cincinnati. They have a sterling rep among Guzzisti. I have only heard one critical comment, and that related to sales, not service.

Assume that the issues you worry about are those you voiced here:

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/new-to-me-mgx-21-issue.21843/

None of that sounds daunting, tho I very much appreciate your frustration.

I will also send your posts to a friend in Hollidaysburg who has owned many Guzzis over the years. Still does, actually, and even has a C14, tho I forget which model. He may well have ideas beyond those already advanced here.

1921 - 2021!

Bill
404.8ZERO8.8FOUR86

Bill, thanks for your insight! People like you and others on these forums are why I am happy to have a Guzzi! It reminds me of the Fiat family me and the wife are in, just the most down to earth friendly and helpful people around. Must be an Italian vehicle thing.

In addition to the post I made about my electrical gremlins, I also have a loud and annoying clunk which might be the front forks from having the bike shipped, I am assuming Kissler or Cadre would be able to handle this.

I will check out Kissler since they are a decent distance to me but if they are booked I could take my bike to Cadre. They sound like they really know what they are doing, and that's what I am looking for.

Thanks guys, if theres ever a meet-up around my area I would love to know about it!

^^^^^

Apropos the "Italian vehicle thing" ... could be. :)

I bought a FIAT in Richmond, Virginia -- in another century ;) -- shipped it to Italy; yes, really -- drove it there for three years; then brought it back to the USA. Only sold it when we needed more room for the growing family. I laugh when folks say -- thinking that they are clever :banghead: -- "Fix It Again, Tony" and the like.

Ours went over 200K and no body rust! Yes, I took care of it, but it was remarkably reliable machine. Ordered a Prima Edizione when the new 500's came out, but couldn't delivery in time, so ended up with a Mini S ragtop ... anopther great fun car.

OK, back to Guzzis and, in particular, yours.

Your plan sounds fine. Keep us posted. Reach out before shooting it. :giggle:

Bill

Enzo, the owner at Cadre, is a First Class gentleman.

He can get you right as rain.
Thanks for that information! They are about 4 hours away but I would rather go somewhere that I can trust and I'm getting that impression from you guys.
Hopefully they can sort out my issue I posted about since I have tried everything.

Back