• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Center Stand Info

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
This thread will house info on Center-Stands for the V7-850 E5 models.
Purchase info here

I need to take another look at mine. I looked for a means to remove that cross member holding the canister but it appeared to be welded in. Maybe I missed something?

OK, looking at the frame component diagram in the service manual I think you are right and I completely missed the fact that cross member can be unbolted. That sure would make things a lot easier, DOH!!!

Frame%20component%20diagram%20-%20marked%20up%20for%20canister%20removal-L.jpg

OK, here's my OEM Guzzi center stand install "How To". Mine has some extra steps for the custom up-stop bracket, hopefully others can avoid that headache with either using the bracket that comes with it for the stock pipes or ordering the correct bracket for your pipe such as the Mistrals. I also decided to shorten the foot arm to tuck it in tighter to the Mistral pipes. I suspect it's fine for the stock pipes.

So.... first I mounted the springs on the pre-assembled center stand. I found it easiest to clamp the center stand in the bench vise upside down so the stand fell against the mounting bracket assembly in the retracted position which is the shortest distance for the springs. I clamped one of bracket assembly ears in the vise and pulled the large spring down ward using a large spring puller tool I have (Motion Pro).

20210917_104513-1-L.jpg

20210917_104448-1-L.jpg

Next loosen the lower right rear engine mount bolt and back it out a few turns so there's a gap between the head and the frame leaving room to flex that frame member enough to aid in both removing the existing crossmember and installing the center stand bracket member later.

20210917_104514-1-L.jpg

Then remove the left muffler including the support bracket. I did not find it necessary to loosen or remove the header pipes or the heat shield. I levered the header pipe down just enough to clear the head of the long bolt that comes out. It doesn't need to be moved much, maybe 3/16" or so just to clear the head, the shaft of the bolt will slip pass so you can relax the header after the head of the bolt clears. After the bolt is out you can remove the frame crossmember. If the evap canister is still mounted you will need clip the zip tie holding it and separate the canister from the crossmember.

20210917_110201-1-L.jpg

Next I changed it from the instructions and put the front bracket bolts in first and ran the nuts up but leaving them loose. This allows for a much easier insertion of the long bolt as you can pivot the center stand assembly up using the front bolts as a pivot point and with one arm push/pull the frame member out just a bit to allow the main section of the bracket to slip past the frame member while you raise it into alignment with the long bolt hole. Next flex that header pipe down again and insert the long bolt. It will take a bit of fiddling to get the bolt fully inserted in order to start threading it in.

20210917_111411-1-L.jpg

After you've threaded it in you can tighten up the front bolts and then the pivot bolt. The instructions called for 50 nm for all of them. Then you can tighten the engine mount bolt. The service manual calls for 50 nm for that bolt also.

Next you need to install that pesky up-stop bracket which "should" replace the stock muffler bracket if you are running the stock pipes. For my case I had to do some fab work in order to create the bracket I wished I'd been able to purchase.

I ended up cutting off the long stop tang from the supplied bracket using a plasma cutter, trimmed it a bit to suit, then welding it to the Mistral bracket I had.

Here's the supplied bracket after cutting off what I needed.

20210917_144506-1-L.jpg

Here's the trimmed stop tang tack welded to the Mistral bracket.

20210917_144507-1-L.jpg

After fully welding it I bead blasted and painted it.

20210918_095255-1-L.jpg

So next with it all mounted up, I realized the foot arm stuck out way more than I wanted. I suspect it would be fine for the stock pipes but the Mistrals are tucked into the bike quite a bit more.

20210917_160716-1-L.jpg

So.... I decided to cut out 1.5" from the arm and weld it back on. This was a bit tricky as I had to align and weld it on the bike as I wasn't so keen to just tack it, then remove the entire stand from the bike, weld it fully, then replace it. So I did some welding yoga to get 'er done.

20210917_172127-1-L.jpg

So now the foot arm fits the Mistrals as it should.

20210917_173146-1-L.jpg

20210917_173201-1-L.jpg

20210917_173212-1-L.jpg

A shot of the center stand installed and doing what it's supposed to do.

20210918_095347-1-L.jpg

I'm old enough to have worked on cars with drum brakes all around. As such there are brake spring pliers in my tool box. On one end there is a groove in the leg of the pliers. I install the stand on the bike then place the spring in the upper mount then place the lower end of the spring on the arm and use the arm to lever and slide the spring in place. I find leverage is easier than pulling the springs.

61xIE0NxsTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Just installed the OEM stand. Took about an hour and was very straightforward aside from aligning the bolt across the frame. That took some fiddling.

I highly recommend doing it yourself if you have the inclination.

FYI, the Special Edition takes a different up stop. My dealer put the centerstand on my bike but right now it stops on itself while I wait who knows how long for the up stop(there is a bracket welded to the right muffler that it attaches to.). I am going to make one tomorrow. If factory one looks better, I’ll swap it in when it arrives.

FYI, the Special Edition takes a different up stop. My dealer put the centerstand on my bike but right now it stops on itself while I wait who knows how long for the up stop(there is a bracket welded to the right muffler that it attaches to.). I am going to make one tomorrow. If factory one looks better, I’ll swap it in when it arrives.
That got my attention. I was about to order a centerstand for my newly purchased '23 E5 SE when I came across this post. Do you know if the Guzzi CS can be ordered with the correct stop for the SE? Any part numbers or description of the differences would be appreciated. TIA!

I should add that I will likely be adding Agostini pipes in the future. Having just completed the canister removal I can see how the stand mounts. If there is a difference in the stop, it seems it would have to be related to the mufflers?

The stopper for the other bikes is part of the muffler bracket. The CS kit includes a new bracket. As long as any aftermarket pipes clamp to the stock bracket, the stopper would be retained. The SE muffler bracket is welded to the muffler. The stopper bolts to that. Here is the part # 2s001982

That got my attention. I was about to order a centerstand for my newly purchased '23 E5 SE when I came across this post. Do you know if the Guzzi CS can be ordered with the correct stop for the SE? Any part numbers or description of the differences would be appreciated. TIA!

I should add that I will likely be adding Agostini pipes in the future. Having just completed the canister removal I can see how the stand mounts. If there is a difference in the stop, it seems it would have to be related to the mufflers?
What are you going to do with the catalytic converters in the headers?

I learned a lot in the last few months! The small block Moto Guzzi bikes were never really on my Radar... until the 850 E5 in blue showed up...
Anyway - I did a lot of reading on this forum… All the way across everything… And I’m still not even close to be done! The evolution GTM went through is remarkable!
Frames, bikes, exhaust, suspension and on and on..
It seems to me that people just do not take the time to get smart about the project they tried to tackle... Because if they would, and see the experience and dyno proof of the products GTM shows, the choice would be clear!
And you know, the “brand” mufflers I got, are going up for sale.. I didn’t come across GTM early enough! But for the guys who are already here on the forum… Read up!

Let me say this here loud and clear:

E5 bikes need to have a complete exhaust system and the fueling fixed to get the maximum performance and a longer living happier engine!
Just slapping a muffler on doesn’t do anything good! Who the hell is using pop rivets on mufflers!?

Mic drop...

82E1DD42 A989 408B B2FA 403706ED2B39

Last edited:
The stopper for the other bikes is part of the muffler bracket. The CS kit includes a new bracket. As long as any aftermarket pipes clamp to the stock bracket, the stopper would be retained. The SE muffler bracket is welded to the muffler. The stopper bolts to that. Here is the part # 2s001982
I get it. "Special Edition" and not "Special." Parsing semantics. The SE has a canister looking muffler (welded bracket). My new Special has conventional pipes with the brackets bolted to the mufflers. My bad. The stand should be compatible with my stock pipes. Looks like any aftermarket mufflers will be problematic without some fabrication for a stop. Not insurmountable but possibly a PITA. Likely the same (or similar) as danketchpel shows.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Hepco Becker stand? Looks like close to the same price but will be quicker to get that than ordering an OEM. For a 2023 Special.

Cannot speak to your specific need but Hepco Becker is A-#1 High Quality German Made Parts and their reputation for quality is outstanding.

Cannot speak to your specific need but Hepco Becker is A-#1 High Quality German Made Parts and their reputation for quality is outstanding.
I agree with your statement of H&B quality. I installed their products on my Ducati and fit and finish were top notch. Also looking at their rear rack.

OK, here's my OEM Guzzi center stand install "How To". Mine has some extra steps for the custom up-stop bracket, hopefully others can avoid that headache with either using the bracket that comes with it for the stock pipes or ordering the correct bracket for your pipe such as the Mistrals. I also decided to shorten the foot arm to tuck it in tighter to the Mistral pipes. I suspect it's fine for the stock pipes.

So.... first I mounted the springs on the pre-assembled center stand. I found it easiest to clamp the center stand in the bench vise upside down so the stand fell against the mounting bracket assembly in the retracted position which is the shortest distance for the springs. I clamped one of bracket assembly ears in the vise and pulled the large spring down ward using a large spring puller tool I have (Motion Pro).

20210917_104513-1-L.jpg

20210917_104448-1-L.jpg

Next loosen the lower right rear engine mount bolt and back it out a few turns so there's a gap between the head and the frame leaving room to flex that frame member enough to aid in both removing the existing crossmember and installing the center stand bracket member later.

20210917_104514-1-L.jpg

Then remove the left muffler including the support bracket. I did not find it necessary to loosen or remove the header pipes or the heat shield. I levered the header pipe down just enough to clear the head of the long bolt that comes out. It doesn't need to be moved much, maybe 3/16" or so just to clear the head, the shaft of the bolt will slip pass so you can relax the header after the head of the bolt clears. After the bolt is out you can remove the frame crossmember. If the evap canister is still mounted you will need clip the zip tie holding it and separate the canister from the crossmember.

20210917_110201-1-L.jpg

Next I changed it from the instructions and put the front bracket bolts in first and ran the nuts up but leaving them loose. This allows for a much easier insertion of the long bolt as you can pivot the center stand assembly up using the front bolts as a pivot point and with one arm push/pull the frame member out just a bit to allow the main section of the bracket to slip past the frame member while you raise it into alignment with the long bolt hole. Next flex that header pipe down again and insert the long bolt. It will take a bit of fiddling to get the bolt fully inserted in order to start threading it in.

20210917_111411-1-L.jpg

After you've threaded it in you can tighten up the front bolts and then the pivot bolt. The instructions called for 50 nm for all of them. Then you can tighten the engine mount bolt. The service manual calls for 50 nm for that bolt also.

Next you need to install that pesky up-stop bracket which "should" replace the stock muffler bracket if you are running the stock pipes. For my case I had to do some fab work in order to create the bracket I wished I'd been able to purchase.

I ended up cutting off the long stop tang from the supplied bracket using a plasma cutter, trimmed it a bit to suit, then welding it to the Mistral bracket I had.

Here's the supplied bracket after cutting off what I needed.

20210917_144506-1-L.jpg

Here's the trimmed stop tang tack welded to the Mistral bracket.

20210917_144507-1-L.jpg

After fully welding it I bead blasted and painted it.

20210918_095255-1-L.jpg

So next with it all mounted up, I realized the foot arm stuck out way more than I wanted. I suspect it would be fine for the stock pipes but the Mistrals are tucked into the bike quite a bit more.

20210917_160716-1-L.jpg

So.... I decided to cut out 1.5" from the arm and weld it back on. This was a bit tricky as I had to align and weld it on the bike as I wasn't so keen to just tack it, then remove the entire stand from the bike, weld it fully, then replace it. So I did some welding yoga to get 'er done.

20210917_172127-1-L.jpg

So now the foot arm fits the Mistrals as it should.

20210917_173146-1-L.jpg

20210917_173201-1-L.jpg

20210917_173212-1-L.jpg

A shot of the center stand installed and doing what it's supposed to do.

20210918_095347-1-L.jpg
Great write up and photos, used this to install the Factory Centre stand to my V7 850 Special, great assistance thanks.
Stand works well, worthy addition for cleaning, maintenance and tyre pressure check.

Back