• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Reset Maintenance Icon

The “golden wrench” came on at exactly 900 miles on my V85TT and was reset by the dealer when the initial service was performed at around 1000 miles. Does the wrench come on exactly 6000 miles after reset? If so, then I will earn my golden wrench at that time because I am not going through the hassle of scheduling another dealer visit for just normal servicing.

Huh ?
High and Low ?
Off topic here, but, quickly, yes, it looks like the "L" setting applies to gear 1 ~ 5 and "H" for the 6th. So, if you set the "L" at 4,500 rpm, if you are in gear 1 ~ 5, once you hit 4,500, the warning indicator would flash red. If you are in 6th gear and over 4,500 rpm, the warning light would not come on. By default, the "H" for 6th gear was set pretty high (sorry I don't remember the number, the book says 8,000). I have taken mine to 100 mph, but the warning indicator never flashed. I guess I haven't hit the 8,000 RPM :happy:

The “golden wrench” came on at exactly 900 miles on my V85TT ...

I've checked the 2019 V85TT manual and it does not have an exception saying that the maintenance icon would not come on for the first service. Same for the V9 :rolleyes:

Hey All;
I am doing the 10,000 KM service on my Anniversario and would like to reset the Maintenance icon. The closest dealer is 3 hours away. Is there a way to do this myself?
Thanks
I used to work at a KTM/Aprilia/Vespa dealer. We had the PADS tool (Piaggio Advanced Diagnostic System). While connecting to Aprilia/Vespa, it also gave the option to connect to other Piaggio subsidary makes & models (I used it for my MG Norge 1200 8V). If there is a Piaggio dealer near you (piaggiogroup.com) or better yet if you're near Malibu and can visit GTM, call and ask if they can reset it for you.

Which Diagnostic Tool working for 2019 Moto Guzzi Special V7iii ? Need to reset the maintenance wrench icon. Thanks

Which Diagnostic Tool working for 2019 Moto Guzzi Special V7iii ? Need to reset the maintenance wrench icon. Thanks

When you find the tool to do this, would you please advise other users on this forum. I haven't been able to reset the wrench icon for my V7 Stone or my V85TT. I believe this is the case for all the later models, but would love to be proved wrong.

The wrench she is very small :think:
About a .5 mm. Not useful for anyone with big hands.
My "wrench" has been on since I bought the bike and probably will be forever. I'm not riding to Montreal or Toronto to get it reset.
It's a little voice reminding me, "What should you be wrenching on your bike you procrastinating fool".

The wrench she is very small :think:

Whenever -- and, as our 13 grandkids are her hobby, it's not often ;) -- Kathi makes some comment about the cost of my Guzzi affliction, I'll retort: "Wrenching is cheaper than wenching." :makeup:

Kathi's usual (and accurate) comeback, of course, is, "and safer, too." :giggle:

Bill

Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a 2019 V85TT.
I love my bike in every aspect but it becomes a real nightmare every time the service date approaches. The nearest dealer I have is more than 300kms away and doesn't answer quickly even if I make a reservation, on Saturdays he only works until noon, so doing the service on my motorcycle means traveling there on a Saturday and returning a week later to lift the motorcycle. It's ridiculous. The maintenance of this motorcycle is extremely easy to do at home and I only have to go through all this trouble because of this maintenance icon.
It's frustrating and only exposes the poor coverage the Piaggio Group offers its clients.

I am the proud owner of a 2019 V85TT.
I love my bike in every aspect but it becomes a real nightmare every time the service date approaches. The nearest dealer I have is more than 300kms away and doesn't answer quickly even if I make a reservation, on Saturdays he only works until noon, so doing the service on my motorcycle means traveling there on a Saturday and returning a week later to lift the motorcycle. It's ridiculous. The maintenance of this motorcycle is extremely easy to do at home and I only have to go through all this trouble because of this maintenance icon.
It's frustrating and only exposes the poor coverage the Piaggio Group offers its clients.
As the motto says... "Moto Guzzi: Making mechanics out of riders since 1921." -- It's the sad truth. They want us to be dealer dependent like most of the other large brands, but they have no infrastructure, and they chase all of those who love the brand away by forcing the small shops to be too big for profitability, at least here in North America. One day hopefully we will uncover a simple way to reset the service icon.

Back