• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

DSB error code question

kotkinjs1

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

Today during a short ride on my 2012 Norge I got the big SERVICE! and the red triangle. After a bit of panic (I'm not experienced with on wrenching on Guzzis) I got home and started searching for info. Reading some here and there it seems codes 6 and 7 are known common faults that might have more to do with bad connections vs the real problems they warn of. Looking in the service manual DSB 06 is the air temp sensor and 07 is the oil sensor unit. I only get those two, not 7 combined with 8 which seems to be common together? (as an aside, the DSB 6 code is marked off under the M and the 7 on both A and M; I assume those are Active and Memory?)

I know something is now screwy with the air temp sensor because the ambient temp reading on the dash climbed and climbed like it's never done before. Over 100 and I know it's not that hot out. I think it would've kept climbing had I not shut it off when I got home.

Also the fuel gauge at this same time started acting wonky...dropping down to completely empty with the fuel light coming on but I know I had about half a tank in. I don't know if this is related to the same circuitry/wiring but coincidentally it happened at the same time.

I washed her good yesterday, not with any high pressure spraying but a slower mist and shower and I know some water probably got down to the innards behind the dash etc but that was yesterday and I'd done a short ride then and no faults until today.

The service manual troubleshooting and replacement instructions for both those issues seem pretty straight forward (I know, famous last words) but any ideas? I'd rather try and figure this out myself if I can before I give up and travel to the only dealer near me (not an MG dealer) that says they can work on MGs.

If I (hopefully) get responses please bear with me, I'm semi-capable wrenching on older bikes like early 80s Goldwings where the entire engine and all its plumbing is right there out in the open and easy to access/work on. I've never had any of the fairings off on the Norge and that seems like a big learning curve in and of itself. :(

Wait a couple days for things to dry out. Go into diagnostics and clear the faults. If the problem continues get some contact cleaner and go over every connection to the dash and sensors. CRC makes a good electrical contact cleaner in an aerosol can and it is available at most auto parts stores.

I tell people this all the time but few ever listen... Here goes.

NEVER put water of any kind into the electronics of your motorcycle. Garden hose or high pressure sprayer...no difference. No water other than wiping them down with a very lightly damp rag if absolutely necessary.

I use plain old Saran Wrap before I wash my bike. I loop a few layers over the grips/switches and the dash. It prevents water intrusion and removes very easily when the cleaning is done.

I've never suffered any electrical gremlins because of this.

The other thing I also tell people is that sudden multiple errors on the dash and ECU are almost invariably (>95% of the time), caused by a poor condition battery which when properly LOAD TESTED, the battery fails. Replacement of the battery with a new one almost always resolves the issues immediately.

Good Luck!

Hi all,

I'd rather try and figure this out myself if I can before I give up and travel to the only dealer near me (not an MG dealer) that says they can work on MGs.

I've never had any of the fairings off on the Norge and that seems like a big learning curve in and of itself. :(

First, what John and Scott said.

I rarely -- as in near never, and then more my Stornello than the others -- wash my motorcycles with hose and water, etc. When I do, I am very careful to seal all electrical and electronic bits off with plastic and more.

I once spent lot$ of money as a result of enthusiastic over-washing that, eventually, far from home, led to being stranded on a deserted road. A lonely cow ambled over to chat, but that was about all I could do waiting for the tow truck. Cause? Corroded ignition switch. :cry:

For most "washing," I use one of the many "waterless" products out there.

As for the first point quoted above, isn't https://www.eurocyclesoftampabay.com near you?

As for the second, undressing your Norge is no big deal and easier than that on my '07. Do it some winter day -- rats; forgot; you don't have those in Wesley Park. :giggle: Kidding aside, it's an interesting educational process.

Bill

Back