• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Bars

I have the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX on my Griso and they work very well for me. A bit narrower with a little more pull back. Mine are in black and look quite good. I used brake cleaner on the "permanent decals" and they mostly came off leaving a ghost image behind - you may like the graphics...

fmx1.jpg

You can find them out there for around $60 - $70...

The grips fit on just fine as the bars are tapered to the 7/8" size. The bar end weights will require some engineering - I threaded the inside of the end of the bars (they are hollow) then inserted a threaded rod and drilled and threaded that to accept the bar end weights (there may be easier ways of doing this) -

Well done Swainy, DK is just down the road from me and where I got my Griso from.

I should have remembered that they have quite a big off road set up there.

Hello;....

DON"T have to drill the locator holes in the new bars for the controls. Use a couple of rubber strips, (Like from an old inner tube) as grippers between the bars and the control. Tighten down the clamping srews and your are done.

You will have to knock the locating nubs off the control. They are plastic, a dremel tool worked for me. Just don't let the plastic clamp get too hot.

This way you can rotate the control around the bar to fit your hand position...

For the end bar weights... Get a long bolt of the correct diameter to fit the bar end weight and the following: 2 washers, a rubber bottle cork with a hole in the middle and the appropriate nut.

So, assemble the Bar end, bolt, washer-stopper-washer-bolt and slide the entire assembly into the bar. Tighten the bolt. As you do the washers will compress the rubber stopper and it will expand, filling the inside of the bars... When it is all tight, it will not come out.

Use some locktight on the nut to keep it from loosening from vibration!

Them bars at DK are a bargain! when I tried to get a set about 18 months ago, they were £80! As you can guess, I didn`t get them, but just after I fitted heated grips to the griso I discovered you could replace them with aprilia bars. They were either from the shiver or mana and were about £40. Bollux!:( I`ll just enjoy the originals

Whilst they may be the same width as the originals, I think they have more of a pullback and so give more of an upright riding position. For that price tho`, I`m tempted to get a set to keep aside until I have to cut the heated grips off!. 30 quid isn`t a lot really.

You can cut down the ends of the Pro Taper bar to make the a bit narrower. There's even a gauge printed on the bar ends to trim them evenly. As I recall you there is enough room to trim about an inch from each end and have enough room for all the gear and grips.

I did measure and drill holes in the bars but removing the nubs sounds like a good idea.

Although when you go to the DK Motorcycles link it only gives you the option to order silver pastrana bars - they are NOT available and you will receive Carmichael bars without being informed.

The Carmichael bars have no 'cutting guides' to reduce width (in fact instructions say you must not cut them) and they are wider than the pastrana type. Also as the pull back is the same, but with shorter length, so the angle is different.

Just a word of warning to anyone else thinking of ordering from the kindly posted link. I have asked them to arrange to collect mine so I don't have to pay for their mistake.

DK Motorcycles have now switched out the bars BUT they have changed their dimensions listed on the web page since I originally ordered and now list only the Pastrana RM low which are low and wide.

I can confirm that the new bars are as wide as the originals and are lower - exactly the opposite to the Pastrana FMX bars they originally listed and forum members have recommended.

I will now seek a replacement (again) or refund.

I found a set of three year old bars at cycle gear for six bucks, fiit great, bobs my uncle

Just tossed my stockers in the bin, they were bent to to f@ck

Did you need to extend the brake or throttle cables to mount the Pastrana bars?

Back