• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Just waiting for my bike to be fixed...

mojohand

Cruisin' Guzzisti
...waiting on the dealer to hear from Piaggio/Moto Guzzi on the "appeal" to a denied warranty claim on the front bake rotors. The severe pulsing at a slowed stop is attributed by Piaggio to "hard spots on the rotos, a case of normal wear."

So I'm bikeless & helpless. Now's a time to have a second bike. At this rate, it would definitely not be a Guzzi.

This is my take on MG warranties. A problem is discovered by the guinea pig buyers that MG uses to test their bikes for them after paying top dollar. At first MG will warranty the parts that are discovered to be defective/designed incorrectly. After MG starts seeing that many bikes are having the same exact problems, because they didn't test the bike before selling it, MG says that it is operator error, it's normal, that's just the way they are and we aren't going to repair it on our dime :blink: .

I was just in a Guzzi shop today that I have never been to before here in Phoenix. The shop was full of unsold 2007 model year Guzzis and Benellis that they are trying to sell with big discounts, Norges $10,990, TNT Sports $6,000 off. I was told that MG body panels, rotors, clutch discs, and just about anything else is getting denied under warranty if it occurs after the first 600 mile service. :unsure: So basically Guzzi's warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on after a couple months of ownership :S . Ya that should help MG sell some bikes especially in this tough economy.

But after MG denies your warranty claim for this well known problem, buy yourself some sintered pads and then see if that doesn't help fix your front brake rotor pulsating problem.

Somewhere here there is a lot of information on this exact topic. I suffered this fate too and was denied a claim. However, in my case the rotors were warped.

Floating disks can have the bobbins sieze with grime and cause the warp. After talking to others, I did some heavy braking to the point where I can now almost do stoppies. Didn't completely fix the problem, but it did unsieze the rotors enough that I barely notice now. And the pulsing I was feeling was almost unbearable.

cheers

Robert

Sorry to you guys are having problems with warranty claims my 2008 norge had the same problem bad pulsing mine were replaced under warranty this spring also went to aftermarket pads IBC i think and a couple thousand miles later no problems yet.

My o7 Norge has had warped rotors since it was new, or close to it. I too get the pulsing at slow speed and shaking at high speed. Informed my dealer about this and have heard nothing. Tried sintered pads, same thing. I have gotten used to the rotors the way they are, but I know they are warped. I even made a tool to free up the rivets so the rotors float. Same shuddering. I guess it is time to bite the bullet and order some new rotors for next season. Must say, I am not impressed with MG warranty policy. My plastic side lowers are cracked at the upper mounts, warranty claim made and no response. My gas tank came with what looks like pimples under the clear coat. That does not bother me so much. It is my opinion that a recall should be issued for the brake rotors on the 07 models. Granted, it does not happen to all of them, but I will bet that it happens to a good number of them. Of course, the rotors are manufactured by Brembo and not MG. Now the big question, Do I like the Norge? Sure do.

Thanks all. Good info. And I love my bike! I really do. In addition, I have lots of faith in my dealer--I think they are doing everything they can to support both me and the MG-buying and -riding public.

It's just that a warranty should be, well, a warranty. The company warrants that their design and manufacture are free from defects, and if they are found, the company will make them good. That's it.

But, no, I'm not leaving MG.

I did hear that warped rotors can cause braking failure--in other words, how much of a safety issue is this? If it's just an annoyance, I'll save the dolores and just ride.

The problem is not unique to Moto Guzzi, my R1200R has the same problem, dealer said nothing is wrong. Our 99 Triumph Sprint warped it's rotors but the dealer replaced them without hesitation. I would just like to get something that will last even if I have to pay a bit extra. I ride 2up in a mountain area so my brakes take a beating.

I also had severely pulsing brakes, since new, and my dealer was made aware of this. I put up with it because I was sure it was the rotors that weren't floating and that new rotors would not necessarily fix the problem. This spring I removed the front wheel and used a die grinder to rotate the bobbins and cleaned them with contact cleaner. this cured the pulsing but when I replaced the pads with the IBC sintered, the pulsing returned, albeit much less severe.

I cleaned the bobbins again and used the brakes hard and they've been fine since(About 7000 km's).

I have to assume that each state has it's own laws regarding warranty compliance. If you don't get a reasonable response from a manufacturer then it might be better to craft a proper letter to the manufacturer and explain that you wish to resolve this matter with them and that should they ignore your request then you intend on writing other letters in an effort to force them to honor the terms of the warranty. Then find out how to make as much noise as you can and follow through with what you say you will do.

I've found that warranty claims are honored when the manufacturer feels it's in their interest to do so. Not every claim will get the proper response from a manufacturer but the chance is much better when you don't just accept the manufacturer's refusal to make the repairs.

I've seen bikes get new engines, cams and yet other less persistant owners were told nothing was wrong and they recieved nothing. That was with a Japanese manufacturer.

vivo

Not honoring the warranty is, well, unhonorable. Assuming you've reported this within your warranty period, if after a reasonably amount of time MG refuses to address this brake issue you need to file a complaint with the state. You've paid for a warranty, now MG needs to step up and handle it. What are they thinking putting their customers through this nonsense?

I've gotten better warranty service by going to a different dealer, and also by calling a corporate office and describing the persistent problem, attempted remedies, etc. This was with a Japanese make. It was still a struggle though.

Joe

I've gotten better warranty service by going to a different dealer, and also by calling a corporate office and describing the persistent problem, attempted remedies, etc. This was with a Japanese make. It was still a struggle though.

Joe

Got the word today--Guzzi is denying the warranty. So, I'll pick the bike up, put up with the pulsing, and continue to pester Guzzi. Sux.

mojohand: This might be worth a shot... I've owned 3 Hyundai cars over the years. The first one I bought, I had a warranty issue ( small but annoying one ) and got shit service from dealer and denied by some pinhead at Hyundai Canada. So I wrote a letter to the President of Hyundai. Believe it or not he wrote me back. Guess what warranty issue sorted out pronto and treated like royalty from that point forward by service knobs at dealers. The peons didn't care ,but he did. You never know.
FBC

mojohand wrote:
Got the word today--Guzzi is denying the warranty. So, I'll pick the bike up, put up with the pulsing, and continue to pester Guzzi. Sux.

Mine were replaced under warranty(07) but that was after Guzzi declined the claim. Todd at MPH told me they would probably decline it the first time and it was approved the second time around so I would give it another shot.

Back