• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

Hey Rick … yes, a ride would be great! Unfortunately, Kathy got COVID for Mother’s Day. I’m testing neg, but need to quarantine for 5 days per cdc’s current rec’s. So, hope to weather it out, and make a lunch with Dave and gang on Thurs, if I’m still neg. If you’re interested, text me - I’ll send particulars.

The bike is feeling better each ride. I got the guard at AF1 - they have them in stock (as well as a couple other designs). They’re perhaps the priciest, but an easy install and powder coated Aluminum - and, I feel, most protection. I just hope they don’t impact cooling in August heat. Prior to putting it on, I already had a couple small dings in the cooling fins, so I hope it was a good idea.

Glad Tom is warming up to his V100. I agree - just ride it. I think the Guzzis just get better with miles. My Norge was like a well fitted glove after 7 yrs👍😁.

Hope to see you soon, my friend👍.

Definitely needs an upgrade from the scooter horn! Did you splice into the wiring, and run a wire over to the second horn?

I think I am cursed. Sitting home with COVID (with my wife)… reflecting…

- Got my V100S on 4/26
- 4/27, back to dealer for repair to defective rpm sensor (the only “issue” bike in all their batches received so far). Expedited shipment from Italy initiated.
- 5/11, after part arrived, bike repaired and tested - now back in the garage.
- 5/12-13, I have commitments and can’t ride!
- 5/14, wife tests positive for COVID, I’m in quarantine
- 5/17, I test positive, starting my own “count down”
- Today … I’m bored (but, thankfully, not feeling real bad) and, about all I can do is take a photo of my new bike that still only has a little over 300 miles on it! Since food doesn’t taste good, (thinking about senses, here) it occurs to me, I don’t think I’ve seen a B&W pic of a V100 yet, so here’s one of mine for the pic thread. Consider it a COVID filter😉.

Actually, I know I’m not cursed… most accurately… I’m blessed! Beautiful day, sitting in the sun with my dog, … yeah, I’ve dodged COVID for three years until now, but I’m vaxxed, and the symptoms are very mild (I’ve had much worse bouts with the flu). And, when I finally test negative, I have a beautiful and enjoyable new bike to ride! IMG 0047

Count yer blessings, folks🙏😁

I think you'd be very well isolated from other humans while riding the bike. Just use pay-at-the-pump and don't go in the store to buy anything.

That's what I did. I topped off the fuel on my way to take the test. Then I took a hundred mile route home after the positive result.
That’s what I was thinking - was thinking about going out tomorrow (I have an almost full tank, anyway👍)… wife worries that if the bike acts up again, I’d be interacting with folks - in a preventable, and irresponsible way. Dang women… she’s probably right. On the other hand - dang men… we always gotta push the boundaries😂😂. I’ll keep the ride short🤧.

I think I am cursed. Sitting home with COVID (with my wife)… reflecting…

- Got my V100S on 4/26
- 4/27, back to dealer for repair to defective rpm sensor (the only “issue” bike in all their batches received so far). Expedited shipment from Italy initiated.
- 5/11, after part arrived, bike repaired and tested - now back in the garage.
- 5/12-13, I have commitments and can’t ride!
- 5/14, wife tests positive for COVID, I’m in quarantine
- 5/17, I test positive, starting my own “count down”
- Today … I’m bored (but, thankfully, not feeling real bad) and, about all I can do is take a photo of my new bike that still only has a little over 300 miles on it! Since food doesn’t taste good, (thinking about senses, here) it occurs to me, I don’t think I’ve seen a B&W pic of a V100 yet, so here’s one of mine for the pic thread. Consider it a COVID filter😉.

Actually, I know I’m not cursed… most accurately… I’m blessed! Beautiful day, sitting in the sun with my dog, … yeah, I’ve dodged COVID for three years until now, but I’m vaxxed, and the symptoms are very mild (I’ve had much worse bouts with the flu). And, when I finally test negative, I have a beautiful and enjoyable new bike to ride!View attachment 30043

Count yer blessings, folks🙏😁
Now you have time to search the net for all sorts of V100 bling!!!!

Reactions: BDS
Back to mods…

So, now that I have the bike back from “rehab,” and it’s running fine, I’ve been putting on the accessories that showed up while waiting on the rpm sensor. Here are some shots. In addition to the crash guards and SW-Motech Day tank bag… The Guzzi touring screen works well with the XSreen extender I saved from my Norge. It changes the airflow enough to reduce the increased wind noise (vs stock screen). I also added the Evotech radiator guard (simple install), and Quad Lock mount/damper/wireless charger (center of pic 2) for my phone - and, the USB socket for the cockpit to power the wireless mount (two bolts and plug it in). I mounted it such that it sits between the TFT and the tank bag. And, it all works, with a simple 1/8” turn to mount/remove the phone!! Still waiting on hard bags… they tell me the end of the month. But, who “really” knows…? I need to chill on buying stuff though!!

Cheers!

View attachment 29957View attachment 29958View attachment 29959
How is the screen extender on the windscreen mechanism at "speed" (80+ MPH)

How is the screen extender on the windscreen mechanism at "speed" (80+ MPH)
Well, my answer isn’t straight forward because I added the Guzzi touring screen to my V100. And, the instructions (and dealer who installed it) specifically say do not operate the windscreen at speeds above 68mph. Why they picked that speed, I don’t know. With the extender installed, I’ve not had an issue “traveling” at 80+, but I don’t mess with the TFT functions anyway going at higher speeds when I need to keep an eye on the road. Straight line highway may be an exception - but, I figure some engineer somewhere did a calculation regarding the flimsiness of that windscreen mechanism (it is wobbly IMO), so, I haven’t tested the limits beyond the recommendations. I’ll say that I am happier with the tall screen plus the extender. Better protection from buffeting, and less wind noise (which was noticeably worse after adding the tall touring screen!).

IMG 0057

I added a OEM center stand, OEM engine guards, OEM USB port on dash, Mistral Radiator guard (I painted the gold lettering)
I will add Garmin mounts from EVOtech, some sort of tail bag, front fender extender. Maybe gold wheels.

View attachment 30050
Nice job/idea! That would look really nice with the gold wheels you’re thinking about…😉😁.

Now you have time to search the net for all sorts of V100 bling!!!!
Hah! Funny you should say that… I’ve been working on that… Everything I’ve ordered so far (aside from a PIAA horn, and the MG OEM hard bags - both of which have not arrived yet), is now installed - I put the TFT protector on this afternoon (that was the last bit I had). That went well… here’s a pic that I took after rolling the bike out in the sun… I tried to get as much glare as possible to test the “anti-glare” property of the protector. It’s not bad.
IMG 0058

Tough crowd … 😁… I actually did have a shot with the TFT illuminated (attached). I was just rolling the bike out into the sun to gauge the reflectivity of the TFT with the anti-glare cover in place. Stays pretty legible. The sun was reflecting off the handlebar onto the lower part of the screen.

IMG 0059

I installed a "hugger" for the front tire to reduce the crap that's likely to be thrown on the radiator. Also a set of handguards. Both manufactured by Powerbronze. Both easy installs and seem to be well-designed and suitable to fulfill their intended purpose. Installation was easy for both items. Zero interference or contact of the handguards with the Guzzi Touring Shield at full handlebar lock both sides.
One deviation from the mfgr. instructions on the handguard install: Apparently the setup was designed for hollow handlebars, with the appropriate expansion fasteners included. My V100 I have has solid bar ends threaded into the bar with bar end weights in turn bolted to that machined insert. I removed the fastener holding the bar weight, and on both sides the OEM fastener is appropriate to reuse for the handguard. The left handguard retainer/spacer has a smaller diameter extension on it that would have extended into a hollow handlebar. I removed it with a parting disc on a Dremel. Perfect result, as now both left and right are retained identically. The included Powerbronze expansion fasteners and bolts just ended up in the parts bin.

Both appear to be well-made pieces of kit.

20230524 151811 20230524 151817 20230524 151828

That looks very good, thanks for sharing the pictures. I want hand guards as well and it nice to actually see them installed.

I've added the largest of the three Biondi windscreens. I also added the smaller X-Creen and a set of Rox Risers. I am now able to ride comfortably without using a face shield or goggles.

The Biondi is a bit thin. It shakes a bit like the CalSci shield I had on my Niken GT. But it makes clean enough air when paired with the X-Creen.

Next up: Saddle Bags

Biondi 0411 Biondi 0415

Back