• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NEW Norge seat by Corbin......yes, its available!!

dommie99 wrote:
road kill sheep skins are the cheapest and best

Sorry dommie99, I have to disagree. That's what I use, with cushioning underneath and on long rides I still end up walking like John Wayne.

I know it's terrible, but I'm waiting for a used seat to turn up at a wreckers so I can have one tailored.

:cheer: Say goodbye to monkey butt!! The new Corbin seat for my Norge arrived today and is it nice. It not only gives your ass a place to be happy but it lowers the seat height to a comfortable 30 1/2" which allows my 29" inseam to straddle the bike and stand flat footed with very little stretch. The fit and finish of the seat is genuine Corbin. It fits the Norge without any fooling around and the construction is second to none. The design of the seat actually gives your butt a platform to rest on without being pushed forward into the tank and is noticably softer than the Guzzi torture pad that came with the Norge. The back support built into the design is noticably more comfortable and functional yet the seat gives you room to move around should you feel agressive enough to get serious in the twisties. All in all it is a great addition to my overall comfort while it improves my ability to control the bike at slow speeds or when stopped. Nice!! I will be leaving on my cross country adventure soon and will keep you posted on how my arss feels as the seat wears in.;)

Looking forward to your impressions after a longer ride!

Michael

That rules me out. At 5'10" and 32" inseam I can flat foot comfortably from the stock seat. I want about 1-2" higher seat

The seat arrived ahead of schedule with absolutely flawless construction and appearance. The installation was simple....it fit perfectly~ My first impression after I got over the handsome appearance was one of comfort and improved riding position. The seat offers a platform for your posterier and a verticle back support that is high enough to be effective. It also lowers the ride height to 30 1/2" which drops the center of gravity and allows my 29" inseam to reach the ground comfortably. The contour of the seat creates a perfect nesting place for your arse yet allows room to move around. A few thousand miles will determine how it will break in but based on my past corbins I am certain it will, like me, get better with age. So far its 10 out of 10 and fulfills my every need. :p

My suggestion for you would be an Airhawk seat pad. It's comfortable and fully adjustable and raises your seat height by at least 1 1/2" or more. I happen to have one that was recently purchased that I now no longer need. rthompson@ne.rr.com

I ordered my seat and only after the order did I find they take about 3 weeks for the production to warrant the build. I called the main office and they were terrific. My seat was put into production for my ride in one week. It arrived on time and I quickly put 1000 miles on it. It lowers the seat about 1" and looks great. No heater in mine (I live in the desert) Ride was fine for me. I like a stiffer seat anyway. Workmanship is excellent and now all the ergonomics seem to work better. Much better than stock. Highly recommended for those of us with short inseams. Now...anybody want a stock seat?

Jeeezz, it's a little late for me to take advantage of your offer to sell the stock Norge seat. Two weeks ago I purchased a new one for my 1200 sport. :(

I've used the beaded seat covers in the past and they seem to work well. They raise the seat hight about 1/2 inch, provide good ventilation under the butt, and during the rain they keep your butt up out of the puddle that always forms in the seat. They are not the perfect solution but are very helpful in the heat and rain here in SW Florida.

Re:NEW Norge seat by Corbin......yes, its availabl

How do you keep in the saddle when for all practical purposes you're sitting on a ball bearing?? I might try cutting out something from these bathroom floor mats made of 4mm thick rubber strips laced together (no idea how you'd call those ^^)

bteddy wrote:
I ordered my seat and only after the order did I find they take about 3 weeks for the production to warrant the build. I called the main office and they were terrific. My seat was put into production for my ride in one week. It arrived on time and I quickly put 1000 miles on it. It lowers the seat about 1" and looks great. No heater in mine (I live in the desert) Ride was fine for me. I like a stiffer seat anyway. Workmanship is excellent and now all the ergonomics seem to work better. Much better than stock. Highly recommended for those of us with short inseams. Now...anybody want a stock seat?

My seat was about 10 days late arriving. I bet they sent you mine because I didn't complain!

I have had Corbins before and they are surprisingly similar regardless of bike. The seat positions you away from the front, with your lower back against the rider "backrest". Very supportive and holds you in place. The seat is VERY firm, which I think is the only way for a seat to be. I have only been in the saddle for about an hour at a time so far, but the main impression is no impression - you are perfectly comfortable and supported so "how the seat feels" doesn't really enter your mind. My previous Corbins were wonderful "all-day" seats and I think this one will be as well. The only "issue" is when stopped the seat sides sort of dig into the back of my legs. I think this is because the seat pan is wider, flatter and firmer, but it is no big deal. I think I am going to love this seat!

I am pleased to see that some of you Guzzists enjoy the differences between the stock seat and the Corbin seat as I do. The good news is that the longer you ride with it the better it gets. Like a good baseball glove it takes time to "make it your own" but it is worth the wait. And, I do agree, the Corbin quality is second to none. :)

Hey Captain, I think we are from the same general area, Keene, NH. Would like to take a look at your Corbin if that is possible. Let me know what you think.

Another option not discusssed here for the short of ineam like myself is the Guzzi lowered seat, which unlike the stock seat is a gel seat. When I purchased mine 5/08 for some reason the Breva version was about $200, the Norge version about $300, in either case significantly cheaper than the Corbin. Other than color, seats are identical, no logical reason for the price discrepancy. The "Breva" version is 2-tone grey with red stitching. Looks great on my red Norge IMHO. To me it is obviously more comfortable than the stock seat as well as lower. I'm quite happy with it.

Airhawk is a great product that I happily use on my hard as a brick seat 1000S, not an option on my Norge that is already too tall for my 29 inch inseam. Course if you are tall, might be just the thing.

When Corbin told me last year that they didn't make a seat for the Norge, I opted for a Rick Mayer. I've had four Corbins and loved them all but the Mayer may be a tad better.

Love to see another Guzzi rider Mike, just give me a call and come on down. 603-352-4619 My schedule is wide open being a "retired" guy (I would rather be working!). I'm about an hour from Lebanon but it's a great ride.

Want to thank Rod (cartshortfield) for allowing me to look at his Corbin saddle and letting me take his Norge out for a spin to get the feel of the seat. Must say, my balls were not pushed up into the tank as the stock seat does. That alone is a big improvement. Not sure if italians have small gonads, but mine got to be uncomfortable at times. His bike also had 2" risers, which felt good. Interested to see if the stock bar setup will work with the corbin saddle. Ordered one tonight, looking forward to receiving it.

My seat is your seat........anytime I can help a fellow Guzziest out, I will......It was good to see you again today. Today brought relief not only to your gonads but to me as well....being a first time Guzzi guy (not counting my Interstate about 100 years ago)I was delighted to hear another Norge make as much engine and clutch noise as mine does! I guess it's the Guzzi way and I'm OK with that. Now its music to my ears!! :laugh:

Back