• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Track Day on a Griso?

cjlewis610

Tuned and Synch'ed
I am thinking about doing one on the Griso when it cools down a bit more. I have a few track-days under my belt but all of which were on supermoto bikes. This was also 3-4 years ago too and I would still be looking for a novice/ beginner group.

Anyone have any experiences to share?

CJ, don't know where you are, but we have had many Guzzis (including several Grisos) at our track days over the past few years. Several are on this board, and will hopefully speak up. Griso's do very well as delivered, with some minor suspension tweaks. Stock tires are quite good as well.

If you're in/near SoCal, click on my track pic below.

Sorry Todd, I didn't specify my location. I am out here in Houston with the MPH guys. I know there are a few tracks around here but not quite sure of a company/group that holds regular (and novice) track days events.

The only track days I have done were at Streets of Willow a few years back on a Husky supermoto and a few slow laps on a 748 but that is about it for my track experience.

Better than track days is a school where you actually are given structured instruction. I can highly recommend California Superbike School http://www.superbikeschool.com

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) your closest track is Barbers in Birmingham AL (http://www.barbermotorsports.com/). A premier track that everyone raves about. Just a run out I 20 for you!! I'd trailer though to keep tires fresh and rounded.

I did the track at Willow springs after the Nat'l. MGNOC and was very happy with the results. Rode my Griso to the tire edges and had NO problems. Todd and Co. did a fine job and I'll go back any time.

I did willow springs a few months ago. Wore down my sidewalls, great fun. The bike does alright as delivered, but i would say the suspension needs MAJOR tweaking. it needs a LOT more compression damping and a LOT less rebound damping. once settled, it rides really well.

Although, i had todds pipe on the bike and it was a little under 100F air temp (about 110 on the tarmac) and i had to rev the crap out of it because it pings so badly.

Of course, that wont be a problem in 2 weeks!

Here in the uk its cool and sport touring tyres work great ,the griso is good fun on track and with those handlebars its getting supermoto style .A twisty track will show up some GSXRs etc plus you dont feel under pressure on a moto guzzi which i find makes you enjoy the day even more.Enioy

cjlewis610 wrote:
Sorry Todd, I didn't specify my location. I am out here in Houston with the MPH guys. I know there are a few tracks around here but not quite sure of a company/group that holds regular (and novice) track days events.

The only track days I have done were at Streets of Willow a few years back on a Husky supermoto and a few slow laps on a 748 but that is about it for my track experience.

TWS up in College Station has regular track days from several different organisers. Just check the track calendar.

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

Hey CJ -
I did the track day with Todd and Veloce (great operation) at Streets of Willow last year after the Natl, on my Rosso Corsa, which I'd only had about 6 weeks by then. I had a ball on it - certainly didn't ride it well or fast - but I had an absolute blast. My husband rode (the hell out of) his Scura there as well that day. He'd ridden his Ballabio at a previous track day, and I'd done a couple of other track days before then, but on other motos. There was a guy named Daniel at an earlier track day at Buttonwillow on a Griso - his first track day ever, and he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a bit.
Absolutely no reason in the world to not take that bad boy out there, and enjoy those unique guzzi qualities in that environment. I would think it would be even more satisfying if your track is not loaded with real tight, technical corners. Just my 2cents.....

All,

Well, I took the Griso to a trackday a while back and never updated my post. I did a trackday at Harris Hill outside of San Marcos, TX which was an ideal tight and twisty track. Highly recommend this facility and elitetrackdays.com who partners with them for trackdays. My only criticism was that they were definitely catering to the fast guys and I was one of a handful of newer riders.

People seemed pretty excited to see a Guzzi out there.

My friend on his Tuono

Attachments

• Guzzi_Trackday2.jpg
    Guzzi_Trackday2.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 533
  • Guzzi_Trackday7.jpg
    Guzzi_Trackday7.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Buddy1.jpg
    Buddy1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 534
Back