• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Here we go again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrostBittenCanadian wrote:
Yeah well I don't have much of a sense of humour boys, When a bike shuts down as you pull into traffic leaving you sitting there with your better half on the back sitting there like a big meat target for the oncoming on a 20,000 dollar lump of immobile shit!Never had any vehicle in my life shut down because of a loose plug cap, From huge v8s to twin cylinder 450 cc motorcycles. Seems a mite retarded to me and inherently dangerous!
FBC

FBC,

I think we all agree you have a problem. Most of it is your dealer. Everyone here has tried to help you as much as we can. After you hear our advice, it is up to you to act upon it or not. If you don't take action with your dealer, or the Canadian importer please don't take it out on us. If this topic continues in this way, it will either be locked or removed.

I'm taking it out on you?? If people don't agree with my opinion on something that is there perogative. I don't agree with a lot I read on here but I have yet to take it personally! At the beginning of this post I didn't ask anyone anything I merely posted my latest ordeal! So if I question freely given advice, that doesn't seem to add up to me, I strenuously APOLOGIZE. i WON'T DO IT AGAIN.
FBC

Well, it seems that you don't want to solve your problem, so case closed for me.

Yeah and Me,I'm in the process of solving it. I've had the rcomendation I send the bike across a continent to get it fixed, to have it picked up by someone I don't know & taken to the states, I simply should pay to have this that and the other thing done, guzzis website to be checked for something that isn't even the issue, It's at the dealers I'm waiting to hear what is up then it's going to another dealer where I'm going to have them remove the r/h cam to verify visually myself if it was changed . I saw the original recall replacement that crapped out, I'll know it if it's in there, Then I guess I'm going to have to try a dealer an hour and a half drive north of here if the second one heredoesn't cut it. Then I will sacrifice a goat. Yeah I'm done TOO!
Todd/ Ed Thanks for everything good website. I have no idea why I upset so many people. Sorry about that, it's over. To all whos nickers remain unbunched see ya!
FBC

Frosty, what exactly is it you want(ed) or expect(ed) from us? I must admit that it's become less and less evident for me that what you want in the end is to have a bike, a Stelvio, that just runs as it should... I think I'm not the only one having the impression that even if one of use were able to wave a magic wand over your bike and it be flawless again, you'd find a reason to refuse the offer...

RJ you dont get it, FBC wants the same as I did from this site......nothing, I was just stating that my Stelvio was crap, had numerous faults that have been catalogued time and time again. Any non Stelvio/8v Guzzi-ists can only really read and thant god they have the old trusted 2v'ers, with minimal electronics. FBC is not asking anyone to fix his bike, that's the domain of Guzzi alone. Hopefully these posts will put future Stelvoi owners off until Guzzi get their act together and listen to the owners that paid top price for craftsmen built bikes.............that are put together by semi skilled assembly workers....Pete's words not mine.

This forum is very definitely NOT for undermining Moto Guzzi's sales, and I think it's been clear to everyone that that is your intent.
So that's also why you're still here, despite your announcement you were leaving?

That post got deleted.....so I will still be here to help those that get shafted by Guzzi and their dealers. This is a site for Guzzi owners, you take the rough with the smooth. You have a Norge, I have not posted or commented about bad brakes or cracking body work on the Norge, only stated what problems we are experiencing.
We Know you cant solve the Stelvio problems, but if we dont report them they wont go away.

Gary wrote:
Any non Stelvio/8v Guzzi-ists can only really read and thant god they have the old trusted 2v'ers, with minimal electronics. FBC is not asking anyone to fix his bike, that's the domain of Guzzi alone. Hopefully these posts will put future Stelvoi owners off until Guzzi get their act together and listen to the owners that paid top price for craftsmen built bikes.............that are put together by semi skilled assembly workers....Pete's words not mine.

Err? Ignoramous alert! All the electronics on the 2V bikes are EXACTLY the same as on the 4V bikes. Same sensors, same ECU and basically the same dashboard, as the 2V models.

As for the 'Top Price For Craftsman Built Bikes' line? Despite what people may think even Japanese and German bikes, (Those exemplars of excelence!) are built by PEOPLE! They are NOT built by robots, the various bits may be produced using computer controlled technology and an assortment of different power tools may be used on the assembley line but they, as Guzzis, are still assembled by real flesh and blood people!

Now no doubt I'll be told that obviously the Japanese and German people do it better. Well, sorry guys, they don't, but if that is what you want to believe, just go right ahead because I really can't be arsed.

It may well be that Guzzis need to be Pre-Delivered with a bit more care, (And IMHO this is what isn't happening.) but the reason why Guzzis cost more on average than a *Similar* bike from elsewhere comes down to two things.

1.) Sales volume.

2.) They are produced in a developed EU country where wages, conditions and quality of life have been fought for and achieved for workers and the price of that increases the price of an end product. You want 'Supercheap' for advanced technology, (Relatively speaking.) you can have it. It'll come at a cost to others rather than yourself but there again, who cares, it's a global ecconomy right? Devil take the hindmost. I'm hoping those days will soon be consigned to the dustbin of history along with the ubber-consumer wankers who support it.

Gutten Tag......

Pete

Would it not also be correct to say that the electronics and sensors on the Stelvio 4v are in essence exactly the same as on all the 5AM ECU bikes? The only obvious difference is the number of spark plugs.

Apart from the engine temperature sensor, the air temperature sensor and their location all the sensors have remained unchanged since the mid 1990's. (There may, possibly, be exceptions in things like the MGS-01 and other such weird harold bits of shit but basically they're all the fucking same.

What HAS changed is the ECU's and the fact that the dashboard is now responsible for a host of OBD functions but that has been the same since the introduction of the very first Breva 11's in (?) 2005. There has been ample time for dealers/service agents who actually care, (ie, hope to make a quid!) to at least learn the basics of this stuff.

Guzzi was the first manufacturer to introduce fuel injection on 'Mainstream' bikes back in the early 1990's, like most Luddites I too was skeptical at first and to this day I freely admit that when I run into a problem I'm not sure of the first thing I do is ASK. I ask someone like Mike Haven, Or John Zibell, Or Wayne Orwig, or a host of other people who are far more knowledgeable than me. You know what? They 'Help' me. Strange idea I know! Actually doing something for somebody else just because you can! Bugger me! What's the world coming too? It's so much easier to bitch and moan!!!!

Oddly enough the cost is roughly the same, apart from the bitching that costs you any respect and the help which costs you a couple of beers. But we're a weird bunch in Guzziland.......

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back