• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

cafe'd Griso

Thanks rebus, the Firestarter Griso has een posted before, but I think all of those threads vanished last Dec.

Guzzi_cafe_racer_griso.jpg

I keep seeing laced wheels, like the SE. Are they taken from the Stelvio, do you think?

Sprocket wrote:
I keep seeing laced wheels, like the SE. Are they taken from the Stelvio, do you think?
stelvio as 19 inch front wheel ,rear might work same size i believe.I would quite like some of those laced wheels on my griso but i was told there not listed in spare parts for sale as yet.

johnno wrote:
Sprocket wrote:
stelvio as 19 inch front wheel ,rear might work same size i believe.I would quite like some of those laced wheels on my griso but i was told there not listed in spare parts for sale as yet.

Yeah, They look good! suits the Griso. I guess the Stelvio may have different fork width too, so the hub may be different?

Sprocket wrote:
That pair is not. The Italian company, Alpina, builds the wheels... beautiful and expensive. They sold their products long before Guzzi used them.

The new Griso 8V LE uses them as well... Edit: Or so I thought... a close up reveals that they are Excel rims... tubeless?

griso_8v_img_grande_08_1.jpg

Close up HERE

Quite sure I noticed they were for tubeless tyres when I drooled over an SE recently. Actually, rims for tubed tyres would probably look nicer ;)

Wonder if they are lighter? I also noticed the new Sport 4v is heavier than the Griso! Can't work that out? I do like the look of the new sport muffler, be good if it was straight through! :evil:

I think the wheels are not true "tubeless" but the spokes ends are sealed. Don't know how good they work but I guess there have been no problems with thw Stelvio.
The BMW type tubeless wire wheels are spoked through a well at the edge of the rim I think so they are true tubeless.
Don-M aka Kid Thunder

Well, I really seem to recall that the tubeless rims on the the Cal Classics, the Stelvio and the G8VSE are like those BMW rims. As in, they look slightly odd along the rim... ;)

Or is my mind's eye messing with me?

Oh, and 1 guy had 2 spokes break on his Stelvio. Near Mandello, of all places, but smack in the middle of August-Italy-is-closed holidays...

quote;
Re:cafe'd Griso 1 Week, 5 Days ago
Quite sure I noticed they were for tubeless tyres when I drooled over an SE recently. Actually, rims for tubed tyres would probably look nicer

Youve obviously not had a blow out on a tubed tyre. Last blow out I had was at 90 mph on a clear motorway on the front tyre.
Give me tubeless anyday.

Back