• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

G8V resurrection of sorts...

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Thanks to Willy on this Forum, the dead bike below, RIP, is now in my possession. Frame is a throw-away... but the rest, decisions, decisions. You can bet that the first thing it gets is the supercharger on my shelf... then what to put it in. Bellagio frame? Custom build? Hmmmm... what say you guys?

GT_Rx_8V_RIP.jpg

Todd,

I'd go custom. The power train could be the start of the "power cruiser" Guzzi never built!!

Hey todd,

nice bike... well, nice parts

if you don't use the seat pan and it's useable I would like to buy it... been looking for a used seat, nothing available yet.

I'd do that Bellagio cafe racer thing... no charger needed

vivo

There's a frame on ebay in case you wanna build a Griso again. Couldn't figure out how to insert link so search with keyword "Grisso" (mispelled).

Hey....this could become the bike from 2 'W's. Mine was rear ended & looks to be a write off so somewhere sometime soon there'll be Griso in a breakers yard with an undamaged front end!

I'm seriously considering a simplistic mad-max hellion of sorts... and after feeling the weight of the stock Griso frame, 100 lbs. can be easily shed. I've sort of always been a fan of Confederates in their simplistic fashion... so I might just have to build me one: Imagine this super-charged Hellion. What say you?

Hellion1.jpg

GT-Rx wrote:
I'm seriously considering a simplistic mad-max hellion of sorts... and after feeling the weight of the stock Griso frame, 100 lbs. can be easily shed. I've sort of always been a fan of Confederates in their simplistic fashion... so I might just have to build me one: Imagine this super-charged Hellion. What say you?

Hellion1.jpg

Wow :woohoo: The seat doesn't look to comfy though :unsure:

i really like single seat look.confederate or a exile motorcycles hardcore look .

So it looks like things are a go on this project!
I just put the last part of the puzzle in place... the head RSD (Roland Sands Design) fabricator committed to building me a custom frame.
First up is remaking the timing chest cover to fit the blower.
Away we go. I'll post updates here as I go.

DD, I've ridden the Confederate Hellcat, and the seat is surprisingly comfy. The seat base is flexible.. and it's good for most any distance one might care to ride a very raw 150hp/150ft.lb. naked machine. I won't quite have those numbers, but my target is 135~145 rwhp, and after all, it'll be a blown Guzzi! :huh:

GT-Rx wrote:
So it looks like things are a go on this project!
I just put the last part of the puzzle in place... the head RSD (Roland Sands Design) fabricator committed to building me a custom frame.
:huh:
i can see only the best for you,RS is number one for craftsmanship :)

Todd...

Have a photo of the supercharger in another app that might be similar to what the engine will look like, no doubt very cool... Maybe you can do some carbon fiber bodywork too?

vivo

vivo wrote:
Have a photo of the supercharger in another app that might be similar to what the engine will look like, no doubt very cool... Maybe you can do some carbon fiber bodywork too?
There is the beautifully done German version kompressor-guzzi.de:
8_160803_8.jpg

And there is our friend Jussi from Amsterdam, who has one on his Jackal, and his friend who masterminded it, also has one on a Centauro.
poseb.jpg

ahdin3.JPG

Any others you know of?

Mine will be largely/mostly hidden from view, though I will likely run an inter-cooler.

The Confederate look is awesome. Go for it!

(BTW, I "think" that the Bellagio engine support points are not the same that for the rest of engines. I recall someone telling me that'd be the reason not to be able to build a 940 Stelvio.

Send the engine to me. It'd be best used to perk up my Eldorado . . . I'd have to do something to reduce the squirrels-in-a-cage whirring noises those things make.

this Hellion with all the rear stripped away is brilliant .

I've always thought the Exile industrial look is better suited to the Guzzi engine than the Harley..

the Exile Fat Bloke front end and tank shape and the Hellion back would be my way .. though not sure how you find a back wheel/tyre combo to sit on the CARC that goes with the Exile 200 wide/15in front ... perhaps same size front and rear - sounds neat

now i just need $$$$$$ and a front ended 2v Breva

http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=16

Art

GT-Rx wrote:
... and after feeling the weight of the stock Griso frame, 100 lbs. can be easily shed.

Todd: When your Roland Sands Design frame is made, please let us know the details of the weight reduction.

Back