• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Bags

Texasgoose

Just got it firing!
Anybody got em? Like em? Hate em? Looking for someone with experience and an opinion.

Thanks B)

I have them. It's all easy to install and take off. I had to make one new spacer as one of the ones provided was not long enough. Although they look small they hold a lot of stuff if you pack them properly.
Don't be fooled into thinking the waterproof covers will keep your gear dry. They won't.
pack all your stuff in plastic bags.

Had mine from 2006, swapped them to the 1200 in 2008, the frames are good, the mounting hardwear seems to last well, the actual bags themselves are less than wonderful.

Having said that mine get used on an almost daily basis and I carry all sours of unsuitable munt in 'em. The click-lock straps pulled off one of 'em and the zips have now seen better days. when they finally give up the ghost I plan to relocate the mounting hardware onto a small set of solid panniers which should be a lot happier.

IMHO for what they are they are probably over-priced but since the mountings and stuff are good quality, (They are the sama as the Techno bags I have for my Scura.) re-locating the mounting hardware shouldn't be a problem and small, cheap, solid bags are readily available.

Pete

I just bought my 3 Guzzi 08 Griso with 5k on the clock from a dealer. i get it thisafternoon or in the morning. Picked up the soft panniers today. don't know if i will keep them as i am not sure what luggage system to go for. I don't think the Ventura rack and 51 lt pack system will fit with the pannier brackets in place.
So Peter if $ were not an issue what would be your ultimate Griso system?
marko

mk4
Sport1100
daytona 675
08 Griso

As I said, the factory bags do me just fine, when they wear out I'll change the mountings onto a set of small aftermarket boxes.

Hepco-Becker make luggage for the Griso. It's spendy and you have to cut holes in stuff which isn't something I like to do. Also *big* bags look out of place on the bike i think, but that's me.

pete

BigGREEN bags might look less out of place on yer bike or is that just me? ;)

Picked up a set of Oxford humpback soft panniers for the griso after seeing a mate of mine using them on a suzi gsxr on a recent trip to france. Tried his set first, fitted a treat, so, picked up a set for £60. No more bungeeing everything to the seat! :)

Thanks to all, the pictures are a big help. I plan to use them only occasionaly so I think I'm gonna give them a try.

Barry

Hi Barry
They work well and for the tail bag I bought a wire luggage lock
to loop through the handles on the bracket and lock the zippers.
It only keeps the honest thieves out but stops anyone just unstrapping it
and walking off.
As Pete Roper said earlier,the covers keep the grime off but put your gear
in plastic bags for water proofing.
Later Terry

Seems like the question and the answers are only about the soft panniers, but I'd like to pass along my opinion of the factory tank bag. I strongly advise against getting it. A pad lies flat on the tank and is secured to the frame with straps. The bag sits atop the pad with only 4 MAGNETS to hold the bag to the pad and the bag easily slides off. M-G should at least use bigger and stronger magnets, or better yet, Velcro to hold the bag in place. Also, the small hole in the pad makes it inconvenient to access the gas cap. I mounted the luggage rack and have the M-G tail bag still unused, but looks like it will work fine.

I carry my day to day stuff including tyre repair kit with small compressor in the tail bag
as it expands another 3to 4 inches it has a decent amount of room for its size.
My wife and I travel quite comfortably with this , the soft bags and other items strapped to the top
of the soft bags.
I have never been a fan of tank bags but each to his own.
swagzz

Here's a photograph of Pete's bags when they were on his 2v Griso. As Pete says, the mounting hardware is first class. I thought the bags were quite good quality, too. I never used the quick disconnect (keeping all my stuff in a seperate waterproof bag) when Pete let me use his bike, but the whole system looked pretty good.
photo096.JPG

Yep well fitted the MG panniers and they don't look too bad. Priced the ventura rack and only comes as a complete set $450 aud.
but i dont need a 3 bag.
the Ventura rack mounts to the same 4 bolts as the MG panniers so i think i will look at modifying the rack of my sport 1100 to suite and use longer mounting bolts.
any one tried this before ?

I went with the Ventura pack and yes it is super simple to install and use. I can post photos tonight when I get home.

I rode many miles on an Aprilia Falco with the Aprilia semi-rigid bags (very similar if not the same) and I didn't care for them personally. I like the Ventura racks as it puts the pack behind you versus out to the side and you still have room to lash on a tent or whatever on the back with bungees. Also, it is great as the whole thing comes off quickly when you get home if you want the clean lines of the bike.

I have the rear griso paniers and tail bag, the tail bag is gret for those short trips, when ya need to carry a couple of items. The paniers are small, but you can fit a fair amount of stuff in them, I never use the rain covers, as they just allow the water to pool in the bottom of the bag. Just put everything in plastic bags. I can fit, sleeping bag and self inflatting matrise in one, with a little room to spare. and the other my tent and a cram sack of clothes, again with a little space to spare. On a longer tour, I will just throw a roll bag over the rear tail rack with the extra supplies needed. The thing I like about the factory bags, is that they suit the bike greatly, and dont detract from the lines of such a muscle bike.

With a roll bag onboard

With Tail bag

Re: Re:Griso Bags

swagzz said:
Hi
have a look on photo bucket ,I posted pics of my 06 G11 with
all the gear on it.
Griso Luggage pics

later swagzz

Not to troll, but is that the taller OEM European windshield? I was thinking about getting a windshield for when I take the bike on long trips and cant decide between the shorter one and the taller one. Not being able to see either in person makes it a harder decision.

With the oem sidebags, does that rack include the tail rack or is that a separate piece?

Sorry I took so long to answer but out in the desert working.
Tall screen and it works really well , adjustable to change the air flow and looks great too.
The tail bag and rack are seperate items ,very strange but thats how it is.

Back