• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Just bought a new Griso!

alanp

Tuned and Synch'ed
But sorry, no pics. Bought a new in the crate black 2007 Griso 1100 from MI in Seattle, but I'm not going to take delivery until next Spring. I live in Denver so I don't have much use for a bike for the next several months, plus I already have a Norge for cold weather riding. However, I do have loads of time to sit around looking at pictures and dreaming.... So, I figured I would ask those in the know. Besides all the great rides and fun I've got in store, what should I be thinking about? Accessories, fixes, etc.?

I do plan to have MI install the following:
-lower adjustable footpegs (have them on the Norge and like them)
-Guzzi tall windscreen
-Guzzi rear rack
-heated grip kit
-CRG bar-end mirrors

I will ride home with the Giganti-can, but MAY want to try an aftermarket exhaust. I don't like the looks of the Giganti-can but I don't want to screw up the performance or fuel mapping.

Congrats Alan! Sure you'll love it... man, that's a long time to wait to ride it.

For the exhaust, most slip-ons (including the GT-Rx line) will not affect fueling per se, meaning the OEM 02-sensor will handle the (though very lean) fueling down low, and it's rich on top anyway as delivered. Be sure to post info/pics as you have it. Sounds like it will be a long Winter for you.

alanp said:
I will ride home with the Giganti-can, but MAY want to try an aftermarket exhaust. I don't like the looks of the Giganti-can but I don't want to screw up the performance or fuel mapping.
Screw up the fuel mapping, that's funny. As mentioned, the O2 sensor will compensate for a slip-on in as much as it should run about the same as it did with the stock can mixture wise. That means lean bottom and mid, rich on top. It should be a little less rich on top with a more open muffler but don't expect a big change. I went for the right side exit pipe from Todd, more for looks then anything else although the sound (with a db insert) is a big improvement over stock as well.I am awaiting a PCV and ECU fix from Todd now. I have a small Guzzi flyscreen and water proof throw-over soft bags and find it a great bike for touring and sport riding both (of course when I tour I avoid the slabs and take the twisty lines so to me touring and sport riding are pretty much the same thing).
Some bikes ping and some don't. Some bikes clunk and some don't. All the same Norge issues should apply.
Best of luck, welcome to the cool side of the family.

GuzziMoto said:
alanp said:
Screw up the fuel mapping, that's funny. As mentioned, the O2 sensor will compensate for a slip-on in as much as it should run about the same as it did with the stock can mixture wise. That means lean bottom and mid, rich on top. It should be a little less rich on top with a more open muffler but don't expect a big change. I went for the right side exit pipe from Todd, more for looks then anything else although the sound (with a db insert) is a big improvement over stock as well.I am awaiting a PCV and ECU fix from Todd now. I have a small Guzzi flyscreen and water proof throw-over soft bags and find it a great bike for touring and sport riding both (of course when I tour I avoid the slabs and take the twisty lines so to me touring and sport riding are pretty much the same thing).
Some bikes ping and some don't. Some bikes clunk and some don't. All the same Norge issues should apply.
Best of luck, welcome to the cool side of the family.

Thanks, but I have questions.
Maybe "screwing up the mapping" is the wrong thing to say. But I have a Norge and bought an aftermarket pipe for it and it turned the bike into a popping machine. Had to sell the pipe and I don't want that scenario again. So what does the PCV and ECU fix "Fix"? And what waterproof soft bags are you using?

I use these. They are not cheap and they are basic, but they work well and have held up for years.
http://www.aerostich.com/ortlieb-dry-ba ... ebags.html
The popping is one of the things that people have reported fixed with the PCV and ECU fix. The also say that the bike fuels much better, like the way it should have from the factory but couldn't for emissions and cost reasons.

Congrats.

Also have MI set up the suspension. They have baseline settings that they've developed over time that are very helpful. Just did mine last week. :woohoo:

double.d said:
Sounds like your setting it up for touring :? , and you have a Norge :?: . Just wondering.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say I'm setting it up for touring. You say that becasue I'm getting the Guzzi "tall" windscreen (which isn't very big), heated grips and the very small rear rack?

I'm setting it up to be ridden. ;) I live in Colorado and I ride a lot, including commuting. Temperatures are ususlly in the 30's or 40's when I leave for work, except for 2 months out of the year. I've seen snow in all 12 months. :dry: Some wind protection and heated grips are a virtual necessity here, at least for me. The rack allows me to bungee a briefcase or other small package to the bike, which is just practical. Thats not to say I won't take the Griso on a few overnight trips as well. I want to be able to ride the bike I want to ride when I want to ride it.

As for my justification for owning two 2007 Guzzi's of similar displacement, there isn't any. But don't tell my wife I said that. :lol:

Back