• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso front tire

Usually i go new front every second rear. I am getting 7000klm or 4,300 miles out of a Pilot Road 2 at the moment.

I usually replace the front when the rear is worn out, but this latest set (Conti's) actually wore the front out first (about 7,000 miles). I tend to ride so that the front is near worn out when the rear is worn out, I think maybe because I go more for corner speed then accelerating out of corners. I don't know. I do know that I have always been hard on fronts and I would rather have a worn out tire on the rear then on the front. Tires (especially fronts) are cheaper then crash damage.

I'm getting around 1front to 2 rears, maybe 1 front to 1 1/2 rears. I tended to be nursing the front half way through the 2nd rear, less speed into the corner, but heavier on accel out (just because)...On the rears i was getting around 2000mls, maybe 3000/3500 out of the front comfortably. I stopped using soft tyres though, went with Battle axe's bt16's multi compound. The front is holding up really well at 4500mls, on my 2nd rear though. I'm hoping to get to 6000 and then change them out....I can live with 1 front and 2 rears every 6000miles....Living here in SoCal riding the canyons is hard on the tyres.

guzzimark said:
Living here in SoCal riding the canyons is hard on the tyres.
Don't know what you mean.
wink.png

Attachments

• FrntTire.jpg
    FrntTire.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 456
I got about 3500 miles on the rear (stock Mezler) and the front looks like it will need to be replaced soon. I don't have any canyons to ride on, so I am surprised how quickly these wore out. My new rear is a Michelin Pilot Road 2 with a dual compound.

I changed the rear stock tyre at 7000kms and the front at 9000. The difference is realy not that big because I changed the rear kind of early because I wore it squere on the straight roads in eastern Europe and changed the front kind of late when it was a complete baldy! It was so bad I had people making jokes and taking pics of it on the last meeting. :oops:

Just under 3000 miles out of the stock rennsport (a lot less on the rear)
Like others here I'm trying out the pilot road 2's with very good results so far

Stu

Back