• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Geese flying south

Dave H

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT di Razza Pura
This last friday (30th) while riding north on Highway 1 to Big Sur on my red Stelvio, five Moto Guzzis flew past headed south. Wonder where they came to roost ?
Image is the start of trip in Santa Barbara.

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 267
That might've been the L.A. contingent headed back from the NorCal Rally/Bodega Bay. Two of them will be passing through again in the next few days, on a new Stelvio & Sport 1200 from M.I. in Seattle.

or it could've been these geese?????
5 guzzisti from the Bay Area (and I) met up in Morro Bay this weekend for some riding and socializing - JJ C., Barry P., Carey, Mike Feeney, and Toni C. They left the Bay Area Fri AM and went down Hwy 1. (I took the long way 'round on Sat - Hwy 58, Pozo area, etc, and got there Sat night). We all left Morro Bay this AM, going north on Hwy 1, and I split off over Nacimiento-Ferguson...

morrobay130-1.jpg

morrobay131.jpg

morrobay133.jpg

morrobay140.jpg

Black Mtn Rd in the Pozo area -

morrobay115.jpg

morrobay069.jpg

Pozo Rd:

morrobay121.jpg

morrobay126.jpg

Nacimiento today -

morrobay156.jpg

morrobay204.jpg

morrobay200.jpg

morrobay248.jpg

Jam, I'm betting you're right, based on the dates. Since so little was talked about it here, I had forgotten all about it... that and the fact that last month disappeared so quickly (Bodega Bay was the first weekend of Oct.). Thanks for the virtual ride-along... I miss Pozo on occasion, and especially the scenery and things like this to keep you awake;

morrobay117.jpg

That is the flock that I saw. The V50 and 850 were the ones I remember. What a great weather window.

Yes, Dave, the weather was superb - a little windy on the coast, but no better bike to be on in the wind than my RC.... or actually, no better bike to be on in any kind of conditions.... that bike simply does it all, including rock-dodging, as you saw, Todd.
Yes, Todd, October flew by, didn't it??? I LOVE that Pozo area - have had a great ride every time I've been there. Have you taken that Black Mountain Rd? It's a turn-around, but just stupendous views, and something very peaceful about being up there - perhaps coz NOBODY else is ever up there, or even near there.... I even met up with my bro in Santa Margerita and got to share a beer with him at the new micro-brewery there - Dunbar Brewery - good IPA. La dolce vida.....
Hope to see you guys soon somewhere - take good care.

Back