• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GuzziTech: A few thoughts & frustrations...

Why no help from the outside Guzzi webworld? Was that the main question? My Chinese friend says many people can't help but protect their own rice bowl. Not much of an answer but it's all I got.

And you're frustrated because of the amount of time this forum takes up with zero $ return? I think I have that right...

Then archive the main technical stuff on your retail site (to hopefully more easily promote the retail site) and be done with it. Sorry, ya'll. I would NEVER get involved with husbanding a board like this, it's too thankless. This forum is wonderful, and I'm very glad it's here, but I would completely understand its closing due to Todd's time constraints (or burnout, if that's what it is). He's only one man.

I too, run a small website solo. For better or worse, my retail site doesn't even have a phone number for that very reason. This surely limits the amount of money and product I could turn over, but at this point in my life, my time is worth more to me than an extra few sales a day.

I've made my choice. Todd will do the same.

Joe

Todd

By all means roll your commercial site into this one or vice versa. I think most here would much rather see this than Guzzitech site to go away all together. I also run my company website (among many other duties) and there is NEVER enough time. The community here is tight knit (otherwise we'd ride something else) and will stick with you which ever way you go.

We want your products and value the time and effort you put making our passion even more enjoyable.

Wally

I know this is long, but i think it might be worth reading. Inspired by some ideas from others, I sat down and imagine what I would do, if i had to create the ultimate guzzi site from scratch, given the scope of guzzitech.

I like the idea of combining the commercial side of things with the forum. The forum is really just an alcove, nested in a website who's content really hasnt changed much in many years. I dont see any new contributions from Ed, so perhaps it's time for you to move past and create something really seamless and cool.

Yes, it's additional effort. a LOT of it, and i'd help if i knew what i was doing. But i believe that doing things like this might turn this into a really streamlined and cool operation. Removing a lot of the discontinuity discribed below might seriously boost things.

Perhaps a "store" tab on the top, which contains ALL of the current guzzitech offerings, prices, pictures, lead times, and an easy way to order through paypal. Currently, you have to read through the threads to find this information. While the threads should stay for discussion purposes, many people may want to bypass all that, and just order the damn thing. This could very well INCREASE product awareness.

Perhaps you archive all of what is currently stored on the main guzzitech.com page as an additional link at the top, called "archives". Currently, what you have are all just links to stuff, most of which relates to models that have been discontinued for MANY years. I will bet that lots of that stuff doesnt even get hits anymore. All the available related products should be under the "store" tab marked as "special order" unless stock is kept.

Many things recently have been green lighted thanks to pre-order volume. These things should be listed under the "store" tab, with a little box where you can type your name/contact info in and add yourself to the pre-order list

Under the "store" tab, should be a link to custom orders. Between yourself, myself, your welder, and your composites guru, we can pretty much fabricate anything known to mankind. Adding a custom orders link would be WICKED cool, and when you have a low volume of bikes, custom orders might be popular. Of course, dimensioned drawings would be required...

Perhaps when you type in http://www.guzzitech.com, the forum home IS the home page, with perhaps the newest developments headlining there. Since all the products are in the "store" and all the information is stored in the "archives", you no longer need your outdated home page. Make that the forum.

Currently the forum list is huge. Maybe keeping what organization you have, but further organizing things into two main catagories: (Bikes, parts, and info,) and (Events, rides, organizations). Since the list was so long, it wasnt until a few weeks ago that i discovered the smallblock, tonti and loop forums.

Just some thoughts.

-Andrew

Todd,

A few quick observations.
I've spent many an hour on various dirt bike forums. The best, like KTM Talk and Thumper Talk, have a large commercial side that doesn't seem to bother anyone, and benefits many.

Also, when first searching for Guzzi info, I easily found guzzitech.com. I had a difficult time in finding this forum from that page or on Google. I also agree that much of the guzzitech.com stuff is inapproprate for us "new users".

Lastly, I might suggest MINOR changes this the forum side. Slightly reduce the number of specialties, for instance by combining the quatrovalve engines, but consider adding a general chat area at the top with this tech area.

I hope you stay around,

Keith

Not sure how to reply to this. Over time I have found myself over here a lot more than at Wildguzzi, which I visit less & less, mostly cause the signal/noise ratio is a lot better over here, esp when it comes to the real technical stuff. As for posts, I don't post as much here as I might cause on the newer stuff I'm more a user of info than a supplier, & I have made a practice of printing out hard copy & saving whatever I find really valuable long term. On the older stuff (pre EFI) I think I have more knowledge to give, but that is not the focus of this site really, much more interest/traffic on the newer bikes-just the way it is. Still use the regional forum, but less so than before cause as I discussed there once the local community has become more fragmented. We all mostly want to do what we want to do, & only where we want to do it. At this point I know who wants to do what, & who doesn't, so in some cases its easier to go direct to those I know might be interested in a particular activity. For sure I would find the loss of this forum to be a big, big loss, not really replaceable anywhere else that I know of. I'm here a lot, whether or not I am posting, & will continue to be as long as it is available.

As to the products you offer, in some respects that is the most valuable/unique thing here, as the usual aftermarket offerings often leave us out, or are only marginally suitable without someone (namely, you) discovering specifically what adaptations are needed. If some object to that-well then, that is their loss.

I like this forum, always have. But I also see a Guzzi forum as an extension of a guzzi rally campfire discussion, breaking it up into so many buckets dilutes (or for this analogy, puts out the campfire). I like all things guzzi, so I check into all the categories, what I see is similar stuff being posted.... I remember the first guzzi sites, where there was just a guzzi site, didn't matter what guzzi you had, I liked it. I own various guzzi's. but I am interested in all of them.... Just my input

Todd: This forum is really an excellent one. I find a lot of the forums out there more like a dog fight, they are so chaotic. It would be a shame to see it go, though there is a certain elitist attitude some times. (no I don't care if it pisses people off). As for individuals having a problem with products being sold, even if you did make a profit out of it, what is wrong with that? So what. If and when I order something from you I hope you do make a profit off of it,why shouldn't you? From what I have seen of other Guzzi forums for technical information this forum is it, there aren't any others. One thing I was wondering whether you were aware of or not, is that if you access this site through the Guzzitech.com technical webboard, the only heading left there to access this forum from is the MG-Griso.com link and when you access it from there it states that the forum is offline for maintenance and to check back later. If you ignore this and click on the forum heading you get through. If this is happening at other avenues of access ... could explain reduced traffic. It has been that way for at least a month. I discovered the
fact that if you ignore it and carry on by not beleiving the site could be down for so long. I hope that you continue with this site as it is the only one worth visiting regularly in my opinion and is definitely a valuable resource. Oh by the way pundits my Stelvio is running just fine and at the present moment has no issues,hopefully it will stay that way.Trade in value in this country is $0.00. Which is kind of what I figured it would be. Thats Ok I still love it when it doesn't let me down, and my girlfriend likes it better than me anyway. Cheers.
FBC

Right.
I'm with our Cold Canadian on this. There is no direct link from this forum for the commercial part, Guzzitech.com. Or, at least I cannot find it.
The other way round is OK.

Todd, let me add my small voice to the volumes of support. The Guzzitech forum is just about my sole source of technical advice on the Norge - no need to go elsewhere. There's obviously a great number of people who appreciate your effort to maintain the forum and I appreciated the willingness of the "community" to assist when I've had issues.

Cheers

FrostBittenCanadian said:
One thing I was wondering whether you were aware of or not, is that if you access this site through the Guzzitech.com technical webboard, the only heading left there to access this forum from is the MG-Griso.com link and when you access it from there it states that the forum is offline for maintenance and to check back later. If you ignore this and click on the forum heading you get through. If this is happening at other avenues of access ... could explain reduced traffic. It has been that way for at least a month. I discovered the
fact that if you ignore it and carry on by not beleiving the site could be down for so long. FBC
I get that as well, but onl on my home PC. I assume it is a cookies thing or something as my Laptop does not do that.
Haven't bothered to investigate as I am lazy when it comes to computer stuff. I deal with them all day at work so after work I don't really care.
I do wish there was more response from this site when you post things. I do think that stuff posted down the list like in the "spine frame" section gets lost and overlooked. But part of that my be that few people here have spine frame bikes.

Todd, I'm pretty new to the Guzzi world, your forum is primo from my viewpoint and being new to Guzzi I also like to be able to find product. It is easy find stuff for the BMW but HARD to find Guzzi stuff. I'm glad you are here, thanks.

Todd,

I appreciate your good works as do many others. It's been said before but we are a dwindling pile of refuse who collectively get our thrills with an aged and very unique marque. Good on us - if it wasn't for boards like this (and a few others), many of us would not have purchased a Guzzi in the first place.

I lusted after one since the mid 80s and finally got my first one 2 years ago - a 1200 Sport. I like to contribute where and when I can and also need to stand corrected when my opinion is not reality - it is my opinion and I reserve the right to change it as and when new or clean facts come to light.

Keep the board running as long as you can, Todd.

I have three browser windows open by default and this is one of them - the other two are for Guzzis also - one for the the 1200 Sport specifically and the other is the (tad weird) Australian site for general information this side of the pond.

Cheers and beers!

Oz1200Guzzi said:
Todd,

if it wasn't for boards like this (and a few others), many of us would not have purchased a Guzzi in the first place.

Keep the board running as long as you can, Todd.

Cheers and beers!

Oh sure go right ahead! Blame it on Todd! :lol:

I blame Todd too! If it wasn't for this site and its excellent technical content I would not have been as confident to buy my bike. I don't care if dealers do it for free, I don't like other people touching my bikes. The MGC UK site is much more a social thing, I spent a lot of time on this site before I parted with my hard-earned so that I didn't get any surprises and have not been disappointed.

Back