• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander V - R2.0 or ?

How many interested in:

• 1. PC-V/AutoTune/GT-Rx ECU flash

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • 2. GT-Rx ECU flash only

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Folks, I'm getting some inquiries for a second run of PC-Vs. How much interest is there out there for another run? I prefer to only offer it with the GT-Rx ECU flash, as it fixes all of the running issues; complete combo Power Commander V, AutoTune & ECU mod. I again need 50 units. I cannot say if or when Dynojet will release their own full kit (still), they are telling me sometime next year. I might be able to offer a handful of units for the older non-lambda bikes (15M) Guzzis back to '00 as well.

Option #2 would be to offer a ECU Flash only for improved running... it won't be perfect, but it will be far better then stock, especially for those who have modified their bikes. Going rate for most Euro brand re-flashes is $600~900 USD. What price would you be willing to pay? I'll try and offer an exchange program this time where-as I can send you one with a core charge, and you return yours for credit. If you want to keep a second one, pricing would likely be higher then listed above.

Sound off below for either option below and/or be sure to vote above.

For those in need of more info, see all 20+ pages in this section or click HERE

GT-Rx-PCVECUAT.jpg

Not having cash till after the new year, and missing out on the first run. I'd definetly be interested in the full unit. This was on my short list of things I wanted to do to the bike after seeing it show up a few months ago.

Dave

Todd, some clarifications please. The exchange program you are talking about, that goes for both options? If so, what might price be for option 1 with the exchange, so I can compare to option 2, apples to apples?

I would think that risk of exchange program might be that if emissions testing were to go in to effect at some point here in CA, without a stock ECU to fall back on, would be SOL short of springing for a new one from Piaggio? Or am I not understanding this? Also, given a stock (or near stock) bike, how much of a performance difference would you expect between the 2 options?

Todd, what did the final cost for the whole package end up being? I'm also not very electrically astute on this stuff and I initially understood this to be plug and play and mostly forget system. I read your install notes and they were easy to understand but after reading the posts concerning the auto tune about accepting the values it came up with as you rode the bike will I need a laptop to do this?
Bob

While it's not as cool certainly, i think it would be MUCH less of a headache for you to simply translate some PCV maps into an ECU. You wont be on the phone for hours trying to guide people through installation who aren't electricaly inclined.

This would leave you a lot more time for even cooler things like supercharged 8v motors.

guzzibob said:
Todd, some clarifications please. The exchange program you are talking about, that goes for both options? If so, what might price be for option 1 with the exchange, so I can compare to option 2, apples to apples? Also, given a stock (or near stock) bike, how much of a performance difference would you expect between the 2 options?
Bob, the exchange offer would be for either option. New ECU's are over $1400 last I looked, so provided I can source them, I'd suspect the cost for option 1 total would be $1275 w/exchange (~$600+ish w/o exchange), and for option 2 price would be much the same with you keeping the newly flashed GT-Rx ECU or ~$600-ish less w/core credit.
Given a stock bike, you would experience better running, no pinging, no surging or abrupt on/off throttle. I cannot fix the pop-on decel on the ECU only. That help?
Motobob, AutoTune is essentially a much smarter version of the stock system that is end-user controllable for the entire fuel mapping, not just low throttle as stock. The only time you'd need to accept the trims is when you either are building a map from scratch or if you want to build a back up map should the 02-sensor ever fail on the road (not very likely as the 02-sensor is an automotive Bosch unit).

Ecu flash only is far to expensive for me, so I've voted for the PC-V/AT/ECU set.
This is the best value for your money I think.
Alternative for the Ecu perhaps could be a RapidBike module: can be done at a local tuningcentre specific for my bike and is about the same price as the ecu exchange.

Martin said:
Ecu flash only is far to expensive for me, so I've voted for the PC-V/AT/ECU set.
This is the best value for your money I think.
Alternative for the Ecu perhaps could be a RapidBike module: can be done at a local tuningcentre specific for my bike and is about the same price as the ecu exchange.
Thanks for your voice Martin... does anyone you know have a functioning Rapidbike module working on their newer Guzzi?

I've had one on my Breva1100 in 2006. . . for a couple of hours. It's a bit late here, so I will try to write that tomorrow or so.

Martin said:
I've had one on my Breva1100 in 2006. . . for a couple of hours. It's a bit late here, so I will try to write that tomorrow or so.
I bought one and set up to be a dealer in '06 too, problem is the units didn't work, and U.S. Support has had three importers in the last as many years. Last I heard, they still aren't shipping anything, and Roper has been awaiting for them to "finish production" are some sort of similar back-order verbiage. Perhaps he'll chime in here.

I voted 2 but I don't really care - I just want the cheapest option and can't understand why that wouldn't be cheaper in the long run than a PCV?

Not looking for more power - not looking for a different exhaust or anything like that.

I just want to fatten the mixture slightly to deal with E10 and pinging.

Perhaps retard the timing just a hair too if that becomes an option.

If either comes available please let me know.

kmaher@selocmarine.com

Kev

Ok, the RapidBike module. Due to problems with the injection (not to mention the others. . .) I went to a renowned tuningcentre who where dealer of RapidBike. Putting the module on was no problem and they made a run and made some changes. I went out for a ride, but it was not what I hoped for: no big progress. Also the warninglight on the display went on: service. They placed a resistor, but the next ride the warning came on again: it wasn't possible to fool the ecu. He had a emailcontact with the manufacturer and they said they had a part to place instead? of the oxygen sensor. But it gave me no confidence, so they get the module of the bike and I paid €75,- for the service.
A couple of weeks later I went to an other Guzzidealer and they made some changes at the TPS (not resetting) and that was a much bigger progress than the RapidBike module. Perhaps I should have gone back to have the RapidBike replaced, but decide to sell the bike. That all was in 2006, I assume that there must have been some progress with the RapidBike module.

FG1.jpg

FG2.jpg

FG3.jpg

Hi Todd
Please hook me up for it all PVC + AT + ECU + lid + air filter
Plus anything else that I've missed
Send a paypal when your ready and maybe a delivery date
Thanks
Paul

Martin said:
That all was in 2006, I assume that there must have been some progress with the RapidBike module.
Surprisingly enough, I think very little has happened, especially with the 5AM ECU. They essentially reverse engineered the PCIII & 02-controller from the 15RC, and quickly offered it for the 5AM, which is why you kept getting the warning light. Doesn't work.
Roper ordered one I think they are stalling him. Product support here in the U.S. is still poor, at best.
I can offer a PCIIIusb for fueling above 40% throttle now/any time (I have one on the shelf off of my Norge, for sale for anyone interested - No AutoTune option though)... however the low speed throttling on the OEM lambda/02-sensor is the most problematic, which is what my full kit resolves, as well as timing revisions for ping/pre-detonation issues and temp correction(s).

For those on the fence, let me share my experience. My 07 Griso is my first Guzzi, and although I enjoy working on mechanical type things, I have no experience as a mechanic or working on motorcycles. While the PC-V and autotune are not totally plug and play, the install was relatively easy if you follow Todd's instructions carefully (good ground, and PC-V TPS setup being most critical). Once the set-up was installed I took it for a ride and was totally amazed! The power difference in the low to mid throttle range is hard to describe, but the bike is much smoother throughout the range and seems to pull much harder. I also highly recommend the Autotune, the base map worked great out of the box but now that I've let the autotune do it's job and adjusted the base map with the AT trim and it got even better!

I can't wait to get the new filter and modified airbox cover to see the difference. Best thing is I don't need to worry about the base map, I just let the autotune correct.

If you have any specific questions on my experience so far post or PM and I'd be happy to answer.

Chris

SMChris said:
For those on the fence, let me share my experience. My 07 Griso is my first Guzzi, and although I enjoy working on mechanical type things, I have no experience as a mechanic or working on motorcycles. While the PC-V and autotune are not totally plug and play, the install was relatively easy if you follow Todd's instructions carefully (good ground, and PC-V TPS setup being most critical). Once the set-up was installed I took it for a ride and was totally amazed! The power difference in the low to mid throttle range is hard to describe, but the bike is much smoother throughout the range and seems to pull much harder. I also highly recommend the Autotune, the base map worked great out of the box but now that I've let the autotune do it's job and adjusted the base map with the AT trim and it got even better!

I can't wait to get the new filter and modified airbox cover to see the difference. Best thing is I don't need to worry about the base map, I just let the autotune correct.

If you have any specific questions on my experience so far post or PM and I'd be happy to answer.

Chris

I can agree 100% percent and add that idle is much smother and steady. Popping on deceleration has been totally eliminated, no longer do small children and old ladies run away! I've got the PCV , Autotune, stepper switch, GT open air box and a minstral can.

This bike now runs like the one that the dealer should have sold me! Two thunbs up to Todd! :D

harrytief said:
Todd...or anyone
What are my options for an '08 calvin?
Harry
Which ECU does it use? The old 15 can use a PCIII but if it uses a different ECU you may be out of luck.

Thanks for the endorsements guys, great technology, I'm thrilled to be able to offer it to everyone. When I hit 25 interested in this next run, I'll collect deposits and green light it.

Harry, can get you a PCIIIusb now here; https://www.guzzitech.com/PCIII-15M.html (very bottom)

Post below or feel free to contact me direct with any questions.

OK, another update from Dynojet today. They currently have a new Guzzi there for continued development. Timeline is ~3+ months at the earliest I am being told. If you'd like to have one by Spring, get your vote in/post below now. If I don't have 25 by the end of this month, I will focus on other products.

I am getting close to having a GT-Rx R1.0 ECU (only) for someone to try, any newer CARC Guzzi (sans Bellagio). Outright will be $1000, $640 with exchange. Takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back