• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio: Problem with the radial wheels

dimitris

Tuned and Synch'ed
Dear Stlevio owners,

Had anyone any problems relating to air loss from the wheels of the Stelvio? A friend of mine complains that almost every 2 days he has to add air in the wheels. The problem is spotted in both front and rear wheels.
He has already checked the tyres. No holes. Nothing.

Thank you

Dimitris

Interesting... might I suggest to have him pull the wheel and submerge it in a large container of water. Perhaps they are leaking from the spoke nipples, as they are each sealed by a small rubber o-ring, perhaps a spoke is loose(?). Post the findings.

The age-old Dutch method of searching for leaks involves spittle ... no need to pull a wheel with that ;)

I add air about once a month, about 6 - 10 psi on the rear and about 2 - 4 psi to the front.

I consider temperature change as part of the problem like with any wheel / tire conbination, the other loss I guess is due to the O ring spokes.

IMO although a tube might be a quick and dirty fix, have them looked at by a dealer and don't take no for an answer. I have a mate who has Alpina tubeless rims (Alpina make the Stelvio rims) on his dirt racer and they never give trouble and racing is probably a bit harder on rims than the odd road bump.

I hope this is easily resolved as the tubeless feature is a big plus, but the o ring design obviously has numerous potential failure points compared to other tubeless rim designs. Odd that both rims are having this frequent loss and I agree on the advice to keep temp changes in mind, shrader valves are tight/good and double check his tire gauge and his efficiency too :lol: . I've used cheapo platic or a foil turkey pan under the wheel and tire and then added some water allowing you to easily rotate the wheel to check for a leak without removing them from the bike.

Good luck.

Bob

I've noticed they lose about 2psi a week, as I'm a bit fanatical* about tyre pressures and check before a big day out and weekly anyway it doesn't bother me, it's about what I was losing on my R11250 GSA.

kwn306 said:
I add air about once a month, about 6 - 10 psi on the rear and about 2 - 4 psi to the front.

I consider temperature change as part of the problem like with any wheel / tire conbination, the other loss I guess is due to the O ring spokes.

I really think you need to check your tyres more than once a month as on the day before you are checking you are riding with potentially dangerous tyres, 4psi makes a big difference to tyre wear and 10psi is dangerous :woohoo:

*Fanatical due to a internal blowout at 180kmh :eek:, the bike had been sitting in the showroom on under inflated tyres, the wires came through the inside of the tyre due to being warped, I think it was what's called a "cloth touching moment" :sick:

Put in some of the on-the-fly puncture repair goo and warn the shop before the next tyre swap, asking them not to clean the rim too thoroughly?

He also might try inflating with NO2, to make sure it's not something to do with the tyre and atmospheric fluctuations.

The air pressure in both my front and rear hasn't changed but @2psi up or down, due to temp changes only. I don't seem to have any air loss, which is really surprising to me. But I'm not complaining!

Back