• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

G11-003 map.

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
Waiting for more feedback from the customer but his G11, with the factory Termi with the baffle out had this uploaded this afternoon.

Result? No popping on the over-run. Cured 100%.

More as it comes to hand.

Pete

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

I didnt even know that there was a G11-002 map let alone a G11-003.

I just had my GRiSO updated with the new map this evening. Very noticeable improvement on the fuel delivery. Much more smooth and refined power delivery. As Pete already said, the popping of the exhaust on overrun has been virtually eliminated.

My ride was limited to the trip home from MI during Seattle rush hour traffic, so I didn't have the chance to really wring it out. I'll give it a better test on my ride out to Guzzi Breakfast tomorrow morning and report back here. First impression is excellent though. I would suggest this update to all GRiSO 1100 owners out there.

For reference, the only mod on my bike right now is a Quat-D slip on. I have an unmounted PC-V and an air box rim on the way. Stay tuned for phase in of those items.

SD

:blink:

I had heard of the 002 last year (maybe from fast by ferracci) it was supposedly designed for the over run pop with slip on exhausts.

I just never got there for the update....maybe they are the source of the remap (they have the technology and experience to have done it).

I know the other dealers looked at me like I had two heads when I mentioned it.

I know where I am headed, as soon as the snow melts off the driveway.

rdl

Im not sure what map I have loaded but I had my bike tuned at Fast by ferracci and it runs perfectly! It's a g11 and it has a fast by Ferracci slip. It's been dyno tuned and I can't see how it could run any better? I'll ask next spring when I bring the bike for tires and such...

vivo

If its running better, im going to say it added fuel just off idle, and through most of the throttle range below 5k

vivo said:
Im not sure what map I have loaded but I had my bike tuned at Fast by ferracci and it runs perfectly! It's a g11 and it has a fast by Ferracci slip. It's been dyno tuned and I can't see how it could run any better? I'll ask next spring when I bring the bike for tires and such...

vivo

I'm curious what they tuned on your G11? Looking back on your old post you said they got 88HP. Isn't that what the bike makes at the crank? How could they get that? Especially since the only tuning option that doesn't throw a service light from time to time (from what I read) is Todd's PC-V kit.

dloftus said:
I'm curious what they tuned on your G11? Looking back on your old post you said they got 88HP. Isn't that what the bike makes at the crank? How could they get that? Especially since the only tuning option that doesn't throw a service light from time to time (from what I read) is Todd's PC-V kit.

Me too. Did they re-flash the 'pooter or are they using a PCIII to modify the fuelling at the top end? Sounds once again like 'Magic' performed by puting the bike on a Dyno. All a Dyno is a measuring tool, it doesn't change anything. To do that you have to change stuff on the bike. Stuff like how much air goes through the engine and if you get more air going through you need to add more petrol to get the most satisfactory use of the heat released. To do that you have to alter the fuel map to alter the AFR.

Yes, they are rich at the top end so puting a slip-on on will, if it's designed right, help but a stock Griso 11 puts out 75-76 RWHP if all is good. You won't get 88 out of it simply by leaning out the top end.

Pete

Ferracci's dyno is notoriously a high read, and Pete is spot on, perhaps it was 78 rwhp?

Looks like Ferracci is able to modify (or have modified) the Ducati 5AM per his website page here - price is $1,645.95 USD outright. Nothing for Guzzi though, which is a whole different ball of wax.

winning-race-horse.jpg

Race horse

2008-01-07-stoic-shetland-pony.jpg

Dyno Horse. :laugh:

Pete

I'm not impressed by the HP number. I would have to assume you can't get 88HP at the crank (factory) and have Ferracci get that number at the rear wheel after some magic wand treatment. It's not very likely is it... different dyno, different numbers anyway...I'm only saying that my bike fuels fine. It's not a 88 hp racebike. It's just a streetbike that runs well...

If the machine runs good then I suppose it runs to my expectations and I'm satisfied. I'm not thinking I could make it better because it's fine as it is... What's to fix? I don't know what was done to the thing and I've not ridden another Griso G11... I have little to compare it to other than different bikes I've owned. It's not as fast as some others I've had but it doesn't do anything stupid either. If I wanted something faster I would have gotten the 8v or something else and as it is with the Ferracci slip-on it doesn't pop and surge and overall it seems fine to me...don't take that as an endorsement...it just means I was happy with whatever the man did with what he had to work with. My expectations were met and I am happy with the fueling of my Griso as it is now.

I'm not well aware that the G11 has as many fueling issues as the 1200...

I bought a Caponord for $4099.00 two months back. 25% of this bike's price could have been spent on fine tuning my Griso but I choose not to as in my opinion my Griso runs fine. The Griso wasn't working well for two up riding. For me this was a better investment but I've not been bothered by poor fueling on my Griso either.

vivo

And that's all fine. All I was pointing out is that 88RWHP sounds a bit ambitious for a bike that has no mods other than a slip-on.

The 1100's do run pretty nicely as stock. the 03 map just seems to have addressed a couple of minor issues, that's all.

Pete

Yea, I have to agree with you Pete... the 88 number sounded off... by the way...I didn't request the bike be put on his Dyno, that was his way of doing his thing I guess...

thanks for the info on the #3 map! It's worth a look see... and in my opinion it's cool to see updated maps coming from Guzzi. Triumph had similar issues with the EFI and maps. Bikes were pigs until loading the improved mapping.

I have no doubt that the Auto tune, Flash and Dyna allows full ability to realize proper fueling and I would assume with more air a possible HP improvement. It's not a cheap option and at some point one needs to consider bang for your buck. The improvements would likely stay with the bike on resale...

I've come to enjoy the G11. It's taken a bit to sink in but I'm become impressed thrumming along feeling the pulses of the twin. Letting it rip doesn't get you stupid speeds but it still has a certain thrill and feel, the sound of the thing. Accepting the limitations of the machine is part of the enjoyment. There's time to consider the feel, the sounds and not just the violent rush of power which it aint got and that's what I like about it.

vivo

Had mine up on a dyno at a bike meet last August for the hell of it. Quat-D slipon, removed rubber intake snorkel, fully stock otherwise. It got EXACTLY what Pete said - 75hp. In 4th gear I think, I can check.

Gear it's run in, and weather can affect the readings, also one dyno to the next can read very differently. This was a dynojet dyno but not certain of the model.

This morning I had two blokes in for re-mapping. One had a G11, the other a 1200 Sport. The G11 has the intake snnorkel removed and an Ago slip on. The 1200 has a Staintiune but is otherwise 'Stock'.

I try really hard to encourage my customers to be honest. I don't charge for map upgrades so ther is no 'Money induced' 'Wow!' factor and ask them what THEY think.

Mr.1200 Sport reckoned that it had really cleaned up the weak spot and fluffyness at about 140KPH. No idea wht gear or revs and had reduced popping on the over-run significantly.

Mr. 1100 Griso was also greatly pleased by the improvements in his overall driveability BUT............. He'd just taken my 1200 out for a flog and said that although better his 1100 was now, errrr, "A bit disappointing." His 'Thinking hard' sollution? Sell his Aprilia Futura and his 1100G and buy a 1200 SE Griso! Works for me! Whether it works for his Missus is another issue I don't even want to think about!!!! :lol:

Thing is I think this shows why I think MY, and some of the more successful dealers', policy of taking the customers you HAVE and making THEM happy is the right one. You may not sell a new bike to them every two years but if they say "Hey! I love this bike and there is this *Really Good* nutter/dealer you can take it to who'll make it run better than it came out of the box and it doesn't cost a FORTUNE simply 'cos it's *exotic*!!" then sales and success, (Within the confines of it being Guzzi, not Honda!) are achievable.

The new bikes, especially the Griso and Bellagio, but all of 'em, especially as the *New* ones come out with the 8V motor, (When will there be an 8V Bellagio!!!???) are absolutely fucking SUPERB road motorbikes once they are set up right.

I really, really don't understand, (Apart from the world ecconomy!) why they aren't selling by the boatload????? I am lucky enough to be able to, if I wish, buy any damn motorbike I please. I own a 1200G and an Aprilia Mana as my 'Current' as opposed to 'Classic' bikes. I accept the Mana is 'weird' and outside the 'Mainstream', but the Griso??? What's not to like, (OK, fuel range. I'll give you that.) It looks a million dollars, handles and brakes as well as ANY other bike on the market that is not a full on 'Sports' bike on the road, is insanely fast for everyday use, has character to burn, sounds fantastic and just WORKS so well as to be not funny!!!!! You can also bling it up with a host of shit if you want as most of the 'Good Stuff' is Brembo or, if you're rich, Rizoma Ducati stuff. If all you want to do is 'Pose' and show off bling I can think of few things better, but the G has the edge that it ISN'T all 'Mouth and Trousers'.

I know Guzzi is now simply a 'Brand' of Piaggio. I also know that the days of the air/oil cooled twin are numbered but... I used to think the Daytona was the swansong of the old motor. I now really believe that the fat-lady has a few more good songs left in her yet!!!!!

Pete

Hey, I'll buy that. I LOVE my GRiSO 1100. I don't need any more bike for the type of riding I do. But I will say that the 003 map is a game changer. It just settled everything down, smoothed out all the niggling bits. It's simply more refined.

Moto International charged us something like $23 for the update. Chump change and worth every penny. I am happy to pay them for their time and investment. Roper is a selfless, giving saint. I've already benefitted from his cheerfully giving soul. He is an anomaly. I bare my neck in homage.

SD

His neck was nice. Flavoursome and salty. Field is sulking because I could tell from a distance that his neck would taste like the pelt of a mammoth that had been in a crevasse in a glacier for 20,000 years! :sick:

Pete

Why aren't they selling more?

Maybe because there's still a *reputation* of being underpowered, unreliable without after-sales service and probably a few more perceived issues (weight?). Not many of the journos are helping to combat that situation, and MG themselves don't seem to bother much with luring ad campaigns.

At least that works pretty well as an anti-theft insurance ;)

Back