• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

breva dashboard - clear plastic over tacho cracked

deynachia

Just got it firing!
An internal crack started couple months back, and is now the entire length of the tacho clear plastic.

Any ideas as to repairing this bit? Have some clear tape stuck on it now, to prevent water ingress (i live in the tropics).

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

deyna

Attachments

• tach_2.JPG
    tach_2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 492
In my experience of trying to fix this sort of thing nothing works, I have an MGF dash that has had a crack six inches long now for three years as a new one is half the debt of Iceland and I know that if I try and fix it the result will be worse than the crack itself.

The only thing you can do is to run some thin super glue into it, I prefer Zap it is definitely one of the best and avialable from RC hobby shops.

thanks for the tip, will go try it. Else I'll just have to put a blow torch over the bugger and melt it together. Ha ha ha..

If you can find any Methelene Chloride get some, you will only need the smallest amout you gan get. Get yourself the smallest, I mean the point end of a hair brush from an Art store. Trim the end so that it is the width of the crack. Dip the tip into the liquid and shake off any excess. You only want enough to go into the crack, any excess will ruin the plastic around the crack. It will dry immediately. It will take a steady hand to do this. Hope this helps.

Dean

Methelyne Chloride is better then super glue for this kind of thing. It is clear and evaporates/drys very quickly. Any sign shop should have it on hand as well as a needle applicator for it. I would try to find a friendly sign shop and see what they will do for you.

thanks Gents.

Will go check out.

Merry Christmas one and all!

deyna

Your not alone, my Breva has had a small crack in its perspex for a couple of years now, due to the cost of a replacement its best to just live with it.
Thanks for the Methelyne Chloride tip though. I'll give that a try.

I am ignorant of such things but would it not be a good idea to drill a small hole at each end of the crack with a small wire drill to relieve whatever stress that caused the crack before gluing so that you won't be chasing the crack? Then possibly a drop of silicon or glue to fill the holes?
Don't know for sure but just a thought.

Back