• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New to Guzzi world

rayingram

Just got it firing!
Hello all,

I am new to Guzzi world. I have been riding since I was 12 (50 years ago) I have had over 100 new or used motorcycles. Honda, Kawasaki, Harley, Ducati, Yamaha, Vespa, Cushman, and yes even a Aprilla (Capanord)

But, this is my first Guzzi (Grizo) 2007. I have already put on the Moto Tech pipe, Aprilla Mana handlebars, hugger fender and Grizo bags.

Great sound from the pipe, lots of "usable" power.

Only downside is the harshness of the suspension. When the bike was delivered by the dealer (Atlanta, GA) it was so harsh that the front bars about jumped out of my hands on anything but glass smooth pavement, the rear kept my arse off the seat most of the time. I have backed off ft and rear about half way, but I think I will need to back it off even more. Any suggestions form you all?

I live in Nashville Tennessee and ride approx. 20.000 miles a year. I have lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Scottsdale, AZ, and Fresno, CA. I have ridden to three corners of US, only the far northwest not yet done.

Ray, welcome to the Forum. What is you're riding weight? Do a search on Griso suspension set up here... if you have questions after, post again. I linked an article for suspension set up online that covers most of it. Sag is the first and most important thing to get right.

Enjoy that Griso, and hope you'll add it to the Registry tab above.

Congrats on the Griso!

Besides the suspension settings themselves, have a look and see how many ring on the front forks are showing above your top triple. When I got my '07 Griso only 3 were showing...I lowered the front so that 5 were showing, with the 5th (lowest) one pretty much flush with the top of the triple, and it made a HUGE difference. The bike actually didn't mind turning after that! :woohoo:

As Todd says, set the sag first. I added preload to the front and the rear to get my sag right. Remember that adding or subtracting preload does not change the rate of the spring. Unless it is a progressive spring it is the same stiffness unless you have so much preload into it that it is topped out (fully extended) with you on board. Setting the sag sets the ride height which is very important as too low a ride height will make the suspension seem harsh and too high a ride height at the front may make the bike reluctant to turn (especially if the rear is low).
After you have the sag right then adjust the compression and rebound adjusters to taste. I wound the compression adjuster most of the way off and added a little rebound (turned it in) if I remember right.

Thanks folks for the info.

Sorry to say my rider weight is 250 lbs. I ride alone all the time on the Guzzi, when wife goes we take the ST1100.

I did some more fiddling with the ride height (SAG) and have it at neutral between ft and rear, steers fine. I did back off the compression on the ft and rear, MUCH better now.

By the way, I love this forum, it has so much info for the Guzzi owner. I am also a member of the local BMW club and their forum is structured just like this Guzzi site. Great for owners/riders. Check it out if you want to see what the Nashville, Tennesse BMW bunch are up to.

Ray

Back