• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What do you like best about your Stelvio???

Billd

Tuned and Synch'ed
This time last year I had four bikes in my shop.A 1994 Kawasaki KX500, wants to kill me as soon as I walk into the shop even with the lights off! 2002 Kawaskai ZX12, the REAL SR71 skunk works Blackbird of motorcycles. 2005 Ducati 999 , a very underrated Ducati and I have owned a 916. 1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona. A bike that is more like a machine built in the 70's but like a good 70's bike tons of caracter!

That summer I rode my favorite local twisty road between New Denver and Kaslo B.C. on the 999 racing a rich German also on a Ducati that was much better than me and came in 2nd. On the ZX12, pulled out and passed 12 German tourists touring Canada on HD's. Looked down and saw 250 KMS/HR (150MPH) as I went by the lead bike. On the old Guzzi got a ticket at 135KMS/HR (80 MPH) and I was just speeding up from a junction! I think I mentioned the trait of the KX500 so no need to elaborate on it.

Last summer I turned 60 and got to tell ya I'm not proud of any of the above and finally admit to very little self control. In B.C. if you get caught doing 160 KMS/HR or + (100 MPH) the fine is $1000.00 and points against your license.

What to do? None of the bikes I owned were fun to ride at less than 160 KMS/HR and that was clearly TROUBLE. So I went looking for something else that was personal , not like the ZX12 in more ways than one.

That is what I like about the Moto Guzzi Stelvio the most. It's fun to ride 10KMS/HR over the speed limit, no trouble there.

Want to hear what the ONE thing you like about your Stelvio. Only one item please>

Short answer mirrors yours, Fun to ride.

You're a couple years my senior, but like you I have enjoyed many motorcycles in approximately 45 years of riding to include the spectrum of general travel to track days and competition (in my youth) and still enjoy a lack of self control on most rides :lol: The Stelvio fits my abused body perfectly and my entire time in the saddle from our slow speed, technical mountain roads to the occasional :roll: "wide open" blast, she gives me a genuine Fun ride with the right balance of handling, power, sounds and feeling that a real motorcycle should offer it's rider.

We're coming down the age groups - I'm only 40 years in the saddle!

Naturally I love EVERYTHING about my Stelvio - including its quirks and foibles. But if I have to choose one thing only - gotta be its looks.

If I could get it in my living room I'd sell my television. Aside from having the most beautiful engine out there, and I think the quattro heads are much better looking than the 2 valvers, the whole package is so balanced, so stylish.

Unlike the ZX12 and its ilk which look like they're doing 1000mph standing still, the Stelvio looks like it can shift if it chooses, but only when it can be bothered. For me, it's a catwalk of a bike, a proper modern classic. Up there with the old BMW R69, the Indian in-line 4, the Jota, the Fatboy, the 500cc '60's Triumph Daytona, etc, etc.

Discuss...

At 6'4" it fits me perfectly... bad knees and all. (and it sounds real good too :lol: )

One thing only would be what Shrike said, it fits me (and the wife) well.
But I have a big list of likes.

I like mine for a number of technical and astetic reasons, but if I have to pick one, it would be I have NEVER seen another one on the road!
FBC

So many good points, but it is a lot more exclusive than those common or garden BMW GS things :D

Pete; how are ya? It's a long boring story of what went on regarding the dealer, eventually the right guy told me to only deal with him and ignore the idiots, so far he hasn't let me down. Once he, actually ordered the bearings for the final drive they showed up 2 days later and that was fixed. The top end noise from the right cyl. was the cam box binding the cam in a small section of its rotation, the box was replaced, no damage to cam or followers despite what I was initially told by a fool. The ecu failing was caused by a pin in the connecter of the immobilizer not being locked into the conn., at low rpm it would break contact and shut everything down. Took a week for it to be found and to verify it was cause. I put another 2500k on it after that with 1800 of it being one trip, with no more issues. I hope it stays that way. I hoped that after getting back into this that the motorcycle industry had shall we say matured, but I find that it is still heavily populated with useless douce bags, just like 25 years ago. Unfortunate. I have always thought this bike an excellent piece of equipment and I like it very much. I just have a problem with shitty QA. I could tolerate that if the dealers would work with you from the get go, doesn't seem like any of them ever do. Ya gotta get good and pissed off at them before they try.My apologies for giving some of you the impression that I'm a whiny little bitch, not the intent. Great bike and I love Guzzis...I don't know why.
FBC

Stelvio, a real knockout beauty and a comfortable all round bike! I bought my first Moto Guzzi, a Breva 1100 and immediately fell in love with that Guzzi engine, to say nothing of the looks and the gearbox. However, the ergo’s of that bike were not for me! I would go for a fantastic ride and then be really sore. I bought a rear shock from Todd and it helped a little but not enough.
Then I saw the first Stelvio and I figured that was the bike for me! A test ride proved what I suspected-that this was a really comfortable bike, it was great handling and fast and it was a Guzzi ! Just looking at the Stelvio does it-such a beauty.
As long as this is “show and tell time”, I’ll be 70 in August and hopefully this Stelvio will help keep me going for a long time!

There is so much I love about my Stelvio, I had to give this some very serious thought. In the end, I would have to say that what I like best is something I have not found in other machines. I have nothing against Japanese bikes - I have owned a number of them over the years, and they have been very reliable and competent, but they lack this intangible quality that I have found in my Moto Guzzi Stelvio. That quality cannot be quantified, but it exists never the less. That quality is soul, and the Stelvio possesses it in spades!
Cheers,
Bruce

I don't care what sort of bike it is, if you're not comfortable you can't enjoy it, so comfort is my most important criteria, and the Stelvio has it in bucketfuls.
Secondly the sound, and thirdly it's the only NTX and one of only 5 Stelvio's on the island.

Back