• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio with a 4.25" rear rim

Billd

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just got my wheel back from Woodys Wheel Works with a 4.25" tubeless rear rim. Cost was $550.00 USD, that did not include the shipping. Think if someone wants to mount a more dual sport tire this is a good option. The quality of the work and the materials used by WWW is very high end and I have no trouble recommending them to others. Below I said the new rim was on the rightbut of course it is on the left.

It's still cool here so the heated grips and vest are great for the early season.

Attachments

• Stelvio 2010 season 001.jpg
    Stelvio 2010 season 001.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Stelvio 2010 season 008.jpg
    Stelvio 2010 season 008.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • stelvio front.jpg
    stelvio front.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 1,016
Very nice! My plan is to offer a similar option to everyone for the Stelvio, or for any CARC Guzzi.

GT-Rx said:
Very nice! My plan is to offer a similar option to everyone for the Stelvio, or for any CARC Guzzi.

Can't come soon enough for me! :lol:

Great job Bill and at a much more reasonable price than has been talked here. Looks like you are good to go now!
I wish I had made my trip to Alaska and the Arctic on that type of tire. I was sliding all over the place.

Thanks Bob. I'll take the TKC80's off this week end, just wanted to see what it was like on the road. Rode the bike for 90 miles today,they worked amazingly well but will wear quickly on pavement. Will put back on in Dawson City. Plan on riding the Dempster, Dalton, and Denali routes and back home on the Cassiar.
Was very impressed with Woody's Wheel Works and what they did with the wheel. Excel rim, much bigger dia. SS spokes and nipples as compaired to the stock Alpinas. The seal job looks really good as well.
Big Texs front fender design, good of him to share it with me, really like it.
If you can offer me anymore trip advise please drop me a note Bob. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks. Just got in from a ride. Have ridden it about 255 miles, no issues. The 4.25" rear rim is tubeless, so far no leak down.

In my opinion you have prepared your bike more than adequately. I trust you have great rain gear, as that's all it does up north. I took my electric vest and was happy I had it even in early August, as it got quite nippy a couple of times! As a friend of my used to advise, "lay out all your gear on one day, then go back the next day and put half back in the drawer and take twice the money!
I presume you have a copy of the "Alaska Milepost" which is the bible for just about anything concerning the roads and country you are travelling through. I would check with the various tourist offices for what sections of those roads are having construction this season. For instance, I called up to one such office and inquired as to the driving time from Dawson City to Tok, Alaska. The answer was that it was about 190 miles, as I recall and could be done at normal highway speeds, unless it was under construction, in which case it would take about 8 hours. However, it's almost always under construction in the summer as that's the only time they work on the roads.
I bring this up because we had a lots of dirt roads before we got to Dawson City. Seemed like it after we got past Whitehorse, the whole way was construction zones.
I would also suggest a bead breaker in case of a road repair or tire change. There was a big Canadiantire store in Whitehorse in case you forget something. I checked their website and it is still there.
I have been thinking of your trip and wonder why you are taking both the Dawson and the Dempster up into the Arctic. To me all the ure adventure arcticles I read about those roads seemed to conclude that the Dempster was a lot of fun. but not necessarily true of the Dalton reports. More sunshine was the deciding factor for me.

I sure wish I was going with you!

Thanks fo the invite Bill, but actually I am going out to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland in the third week of May and therefore it would not be possible to join you. BTW, in riding in Newfoundland I will have ridden a motorcycle in all Canadian Provinces and Territories. Last summer I finished ridng in the last of all 50 States (Delaware). I know I getting old as may have already told you that fact! Well the old "bucket list" is getting shorter!

Bob thanks for all your comments and trip advise, I've shared it with my two friends that are riding with me up North. I wish you a safe ride on the East coast and would love to hear your riding your Stelvio rather than your V Strom but that's your choice. If you PM me your address I'll set you up as a reciever from our SPOT device. Ever night you would be able to call it up on your computer and see on Google earth where we are. You get the trip and don't have to buy the gas!!!! Thanks again Bob.

I wanted to add I have a KLR 650 with Woody's sealed spokes going 3 years and they work very well!
They have great service.

Back