• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Alternative tank bags for Griso

guzzimark

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Has anybody used a quick lock tank bag on their Griso yet! I have the small and i know they make a large MG tank bag especially for the Griso, but the small is to small for my needs and the large has an annoying zip attachment (which you know will foul up). So has anybody tried a quick lock style around the 14-17l range.... I'm trying to avoid straps all over the place....

I run the Nelson-Rigg CL-450.

Comments:
- Over time it has marred the finish on the tank. I have not tried to buff it out yet.
- It never sits straight, but it is fine anyway.
- I have the rear strap threaded under the intakes. Looking at pictures of other bikes just now i realize that I have it wrong and thats probably why its not straight...
- Plenty of room for day ride 'stuff'.
- has a clear map holder
- unclips and flips up easy to fill up the gas
- lifetime warantee, and only about $70.

Overall I can recomend it.

Attachments

• Picture 567.jpg
    Picture 567.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 909
I've got the Guzzi bag. Yes, it's 'spensive but it fits and works well. It even comes with a plastic 'Nappy' to theoretically protect the tankj but what will kill paint is stuff underneath whatever you have next to the paint so it was, (I long ago discarded it.) pretty useless really and the *real* base of mine is so coated with fucking cat hair, ( We have three and they all shed, mainly on motorbike related stuff!) it can't scratch anything as it has its own pelt!!!

As for the 'Inconvenience' of zips? perhaps you're the soirt of person who needs velcro on their trouser fly because buttons nd zips are too 'Difficult'. I mean??? Really? My bag takes seconds to put on and off. I pity you if your hectic schedule makes this an onerous task :roll: .

As for durability? You wouldn't believe ths crap I carry in that tank bag. Truck brake shoes? No problem. Large bits of engine cases that have been off to be bead blasted? A snip! Axone or Navigator and laptop if I'm going to a rally? Bring it on! I could priobably carry the head of John the Baptist in it if the mood took me, (Might be a bit desicated by now??)

I bought the bag etc. in 2006 when I got my 1100, it *migrated* to the 1200 in 2008. So far the zips and everything else is fine. The zip is a bit ordinary but that will cost next to nothing to replace. It seems to be considerably more robust than the poxy panniers which started falling to bits virtually from the moment I purchased them!!! :lol:

Really, the 'Big' bag is Ok. It'll be coming with me to the USA again this year and will, along with a stuffer bag similar to that I used on the Scura last time, will be my only luggage. It even has straps so you can wear it as a back-pack if you want to look like a friendless dweeb wherever you go. I'll be immediately recognisable at the Oregon rally as the person nobody talks to 'cos he's wearing a Guzzi tank bag as a back pack and a nasty fake velvet and lame crown, (Yes, Jude has bought this trip's 'Bad Millinery' event for me :laugh: )

Pete

Pete, your giving me a seriously hard time here. I was just hoping someone smarter than me had come up with a quick lock tank bag solution. All the checking around i'd done, i found none that fit the Griso. They actually exclude the Griso and the Breva, but cover all other Guzzi's..... i was trying to avoid paying the $220usd plus for a bag with the Guzzi emblem.....Some of those quick lock systems look pretty good for around the $150 mark.....The Kriega system "rebus" posted looks very good as well. For about the same price as the large guzzi bag, i can get the whole 40l system, 2 x 10l and a 20l bag. It becomes a 10l/20l/30l tank bag or 10l/20l/30l/40l tail pack, all for a round the $250 mark....... You can get it here in the US at http://www.kriega.us/

Shit, not meaning to give you even a small hard time, I just don't take a lot of things seriously :lol:

Look, if it works, (The Kreiger system.) fine. All I was doing was saying my experiences with the Guzzi bag haven't held any surprises and as long as you don't wear it as a backpack nobody will mistake you for an antipodean looser!! :mrgreen: .

The Zips thing makes me wonder a bit though? I mean? don't people replace zips in the USA any more? If not? No wonder your ecconomy is in the terlet. Open up a zip replacing shop and charge out the arse! You'll be driving a Ferrari in no time!!!! God in Gumboots even my wife's crappy old overlocker is up to doing zips!!!

Pete

guzzimark said:
Pete, your giving me a seriously hard time here. I was just hoping someone smarter than me had come up with a quick lock tank bag solution. All the checking around i'd done, i found none that fit the Griso. They actually exclude the Griso and the Breva, but cover all other Guzzi's..... i was trying to avoid paying the $220usd plus for a bag with the Guzzi emblem.....Some of those quick lock systems look pretty good for around the $150 mark.....The Kriega system "rebus" posted looks very good as well. For about the same price as the large guzzi bag, i can get the whole 40l system, 2 x 10l and a 20l bag. It becomes a 10l/20l/30l tank bag or 10l/20l/30l/40l tail pack, all for a round the $250 mark....... You can get it here in the US at http://www.kriega.us/

I found the best configuration for me to be 2x20l + 1 10l the 20l+ the 10l on the rear rack and the remaining 20l on the tank, coupled up with ortlieb panniers for week long trips makes a very versatile package.

the 20l bags also double up as messenger bags for carrying your gear to and from work or booze home from the shop.

http://www.sportouring.com/gallery.php? ... hoosen=297

NickSzasz said:
rebus said:

Looks cool,,, if you have a photo of the bag on your bike, pls post. Curious.

Nick

Sorry nick i don't have a photo of the bag in place on the tank, were off to the lakes for 4 days touring at Easter i will take a couple and post them up if your still interested .

Stu

I'd been hoping that the folks at Bagster would be bringing something out but no joy yet.

I'd already come unstuck with my old magnetic tank bag on the Speed Triple I had previously. I now run with some eBay cheapy that straps through the bracket under the seat nose and around the head stock. It's not huge but despite having the small Guzzi screen fitted I find it makes quite a difference in breaking the air flow at speed.

Back