• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

OOps, My first (and hopefully last) OFF the Stelvio..

Bluntly

Tuned and Synch'ed
I was doing some dirt track rididng yesterday, on tracks I've never been on, took my eyes off the track for a second to look at the GPS as the track wasn't showing and I was wondering where the hell it was leading...I hit some loose shale and the inevitable happened, and I took a pretty dramatic dive! :(

The MG bars seem to have done the job they were meant to do...
Image0098.jpg

The foglamp got a graze but bent back easily enough...
Image0101.jpg

But the gearshift snapped off and I had to use a bit of imagination to get myself going again...About 15km on dirt followed by 35km of B roads and a major town followed by 150km of highway changing gear with my heel, not easy but another of life's adventures I've survived :D
Image0100.jpg

Apart from what you can see the only damage is a scuff on the handguard and the left footpeg is very slightly bent but as I bought it to ride and not put in a display case I really don't care.
Three lessons I've learnt (1) keep focused all the time (2) Be wary of going too far off the map, if I had broken something instead of the slightly bruised ass I got I could have had a major problem in getting assistance (3)the MG bars are worth having.

Sorry to hear about the get off.
But glad to see a bike actually being used.

Hopefully that shifter isn't unobtainium.

Nice to see the engine guards did their job! I'm glad you weren't too badly injured and the damage to your Stelvio was minor. Riding off pavement truly is different, isn't it? :eek:

Bruce

Bluntly said:

This has convinced me that I need the MG engine bars! Does anyone know the torque settings for the bolts? Or are the settings included in any "instructions?" Only asking because I heard that the bars need to be removed in order to do an oil change.

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

mohawkeye said:
Bluntly said:

This has convinced me that I need the MG engine bars! Does anyone know the torque settings for the bolts? Or are the settings included in any "instructions?" Only asking because I heard that the bars need to be removed in order to do an oil change.

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

I believe the instructions list it, or you use common values for those bolt sizes.
You may quickly opt for the metal skid pan which is simpler to remove with the bars.

Wayne Orwig said:
Hopefully that shifter isn't unobtainium.

Surprise surprise, they had one in stock at €100.60 plus €55 plus 15% for fitting = €178.94 :shock:

I can buy it online for about €65 inc postage..anything I should know about fitting? :?:

First off I'm glad your OK...........secondly I'm surprised your dealer had one in stock, that dealer is a keeper !!!!

I have always thought that the shifter was a very weak link, I have come close to dumping mine doing the old off road excursion but so far I have been very lucky.

Coming up with a aftermarket shifter for this beast is a thing I would like to accomplish over the next 6 - 8 months. I beleive it could be done quite simply out of steel rather than a cast piece. I would like a folding toe piece as well.

I have a welder buddy working on one project for me, when he finishes that one I will give him this project to chew on in his spare time.

I found the bars well built and very precise. I didn't think they would fit, but you have to line up all the holes at once, no wriggle room. They make oil changes a real pain with the standard plastic sump cover, because they must be removed to get the cover off. You can't just loosen the bottom bolts, pretty much all of the mounts must be loosened or removed.

I thinking about the aluminum cover simply to ease oil changes. I reall don't like the looks of it though.

Back