• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport Headlight Protector?

Bisbonian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Does anyone have a suggestion for a headlight protector for the Breva/1200 Sport?

I took a pretty good sized rock in the headlight recently and there's a nice chip in the lens;if there's a way to prevent this from happening again and creating any further damage I'd be very interested.

Thanks!

I had a Ventura on my V-Strom and don't know why I didn't think of them. Of course if flew off somewhere along the Dalton Highway but I don't blame the headlight protector for that.

Edit: Boy they sure are proud of their shipping from Ventura, I'll have to look for a vendor and see if I can't do better.

My Breva 11 had a (NZ made!) Ventura light guard on it. Beautifully shaped. Can't remember a bike in recent times that I haven't fitted one to. Or two in some cases!

GrahamNZ said:
My Breva 11 had a (NZ made!) Ventura light guard on it. Beautifully shaped. Can't remember a bike in recent times that I haven't fitted one to. Or two in some cases!

Graham

Cant find a photo of the Breva lightguard on the Ventura site and i wanted to confirm if it fitted with the official Breva screen - Did you have this screen fitted when you installed the lightguard ? If so any adjustments required ?

Not the only good NZ gear - just been looking at the Raln-Off gloves which have some good reviews .

Art

Art,

The Ventura attaches with four Velcro adhesive pads. It only covers the headlight and shouldn't interfere with the sport fairing.

john zibell said:
Art,

The Ventura attaches with four Velcro adhesive pads. It only covers the headlight and shouldn't interfere with the sport fairing.

There is actually a different part number for the Sport.

Anyone tried other attachment method than the Velcro spots?

I guess you can’t see the white spots with the light on but they seem to “stand out” a bit in the pic’s when it’s off. Otherwise the AMHP looks very nice.

What I've been told in the past is to ditch the stock spots immediately and go for some 3M Hook & Loop as the stock stuff loses its fuzziness and can lead to the cover flying off.

I didn't listen when I had my V-Strom and lost the cover; that one was around $55 so I was a bit PO'd. Once I get this one in I plan on changing out the spots for the good stuff.

I put something like this stuff http://www.lamin-x.com/gloss-thick-a/142.htm on my griso 3 years ago. Good thick stuff, invisible to look at, you wouldn`t know it`s there if you wasn`t told. Got a forum member to send it from the USA to the UK for me `cos it wasn`t available here at the time. Had enough for 3 headlights for about $15.

commando tod said:
I put something like this stuff http://www.lamin-x.com/gloss-thick-a/142.htm on my griso 3 years ago. Good thick stuff, invisible to look at, you wouldn`t know it`s there if you wasn`t told. Got a forum member to send it from the USA to the UK for me `cos it wasn`t available here at the time. Had enough for 3 headlights for about $15.

It is good stuff, but the Sport and Breva headlights are oval, and have a ridge in the lower portion. It is nearly impossible to make that product conform to the headlight face and adhere.

Well Howard, the guy I've been dealing with on the headlight protector, tells me that the US distributor doesn't have any of these in the States yet. He can get me the Ventura lightguard but it's going to take 4-6 weeks.

I have no problem waiting the 4-6 weeks but thought that if anyone else wanted one now might be the time to speak up and he can place an order for more than 1.

The price I was quoted was $29 + $6 for shipping to my door.

If you're interested you can contact Howard via email at cyclemed@yahoo.com, his website is http://www.dandyindustries.biz/

Headlight protector arrived in the mail today.

Computer003.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it.

For right now I'm going to install it with the white fuzzy stuff it comes with but depending upon how that holds up I may get some 3M hook & loop further down the road.

I lost the one on my V-Strom but that was after some admittedly rough riding and very little inspection on the Dalton highway.

Back