• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hand Guards for B11

londonrob

Cruisin' Guzzisti
There was a post on the old forum from a guy who fitted hand guards to his Breva, did anyone make a note of which ones he used (think they were KTM) as winter has arrived and Id like to fit some.

The Aprilla guards work fine I stole his idea with the Pastrana handlebar replacement.
On a whim I tried the guards with the stock Griso bars & weights. Fit fine with longer weight bolts.
Rotate the throttle cables up and over the guard bracket.
.....................................Caution Oops alert ;) be sure to use lock-tite on the throttle U-clamp or you will need to work thru your local MG (MI in Seattle fo' me) to replace the lost rear U clamp. The packages come in appropriately miss labeled also.

Not too awful I rode with no rear clamp for several months 'till Luigi sent the real rear clamp.B)

jim
AkGriso

Here is the info on using the Aprilia Caponord hand guards on the Breva. The original posts about this were a long time ago and started on the old/old/old board (for those of you that remember back that far).

The Guzzi part numbers and price (in AUD) are

8168771 - RH Hand guard
8168772 - LH Hand guard
8134942 - LH mirror bracket mount
8134941 - RH mirror bracket mount
I paid (AUD) - Guards: $138.64 each, brackets: $33.02 each

You will need some longer bolts to mount it on the handle bar weights, I have done the CAD drawings for a proper special fitting for the bar ends to mount them but haven't made one yet - so at this stage a longer bolt is the way to go. They came already primed with acrylic and I sprayed them to match the bike.

The kit looks like this (well some of it anyway, but you get the idea)

The brackets mount like this, and you need to re-route the throttle cables as you see in the pic - be careful they don't hit your tank at full lock - it buggers up the paint.......

hg_mount_1.jpg

And so is this one. I now have my cables routed like this, but it required some "modification" to the RH mount - basically grinding most of it away to allow it to fit between the cables, not a problem but took half an hour.

b1100handguards2.jpg

If I ever get back on the bike again I am planning to get the Aprilia Dorsoduro handguards. I believe the should fit well. I already have the Apriia mirrors.

Aprilia%20Dorsoduro%20Panniers.jpg

londonrob wrote:
There was a post on the old forum from a guy who fitted hand guards to his Breva, did anyone make a note of which ones he used (think they were KTM) as winter has arrived and Id like to fit some.

I think you can get those just round the corner. If my old and weak* doesn't fail again, it was about mounting hand guards from a Triumph Tiger?

I've followed in GwenSPs footprints and mounted the KTM guards on my 750 Breva. Those guards are quite forgivable, but the lower mounts could be difficult to grip on the 1100 Brevas moulded bars.

Edit: * See? I forgot the word memory. Hello Alzheimer!

Holt wrote:

I think you can get those just round the corner. If my old and weak* doesn't fail again, it was about mounting hand guards from a Triumph Tiger?[/quote]

Triumph 1050 handguards will not fit a B11.

Handguards are now on and work just fine, no more freezy fingers!
And an added bonus is that the screen works so much better, no more buffeting and really smooth up to about 90mph
I bought some Polisport handguards off e-bay £15, and used a bit of old handlebar and some strip steel to mount them.
Bit heath robinson but it works! :lol:

DSCF4270.jpg

richardbanaster wrote:
Hand guards are now available for the Stelvio £55 from Maxmoto, http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_ste ... ries.shtml
Mine have just arrived. I've offered them up to the handle bars of my 2005 Breva 1100 and they look a perfect fit. I've just got to get them sprayed red to match the bike.
post some photos when you're ready! Can't wait to see the result!:cheer:

Back