• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1200

20001200c

A while back I had a touring bike with a screen which allowed no helmet turbulence and no bugs on the visor. That may sound like I too had found the strawberry jam jar. Party, yes, but there were downsides. In really hot weather I had to ride with the visor partly open or I was stifled, because the lack of "clean air" over the helmet was insufficient to allow the helmet's inbuilt ventilation system to work properly. In rain I had to move my head to the side of the screen area every few minutes to get enough airflow over my visor to blow away the rain drops on it. A fool's paradise?

Laminar-flow screens are ones where air is introduced at the bottom, usually through a slot or gap, in such a way as to cause the airflow to flow up inside the screen surface and continue on an upward path after leaving the top, hopefully then clearing the rider's head. Deflector-screens hope for the same end result by simply turning the airflow upwards on the outside of the screen. Some screens employ both systems, but the one shown in this thread is more of a deflector type. Still looks good to me though.

Recently I increased the gap at the bottom of the modified Givi A620 screen on my Buell to introduce a laminar-flow system. And it does seem to have worked. The stock front nacelle is pretty upright and acts to deflect air upwards anyway, and that made the screen mounted above and partly overlapping it a good candidate for laminar-flow to work. Some bugs? Yes. Good visibility in rain? Yes. Good helmet ventilation? Yes. Good looking?............

I'm now the owner of the Breva 1200 macguzzy decided not to buy.

Got a cracking deal on the bike and got all the touring kit macguzzy ordered for a couple hundred quid.

It was only when I was signing the deal that I realised it was the Robspeed demo. I actually put the first 100 miles on the bike straight out of the crate a couple years ago. Rode it back from Preston yesterday and have been out on it this morning.

The screen is pretty crap so I'll probably take it off and run it naked.

Nice to see some new breva guys. Thanks for 1200cc comments and pics of his laminar lip. I rode a Norge for a few days and yes you notice the extra power of the 1200 and the fairing is great for high speed quiet riding. The lip of a breva makes it more Norge like and if you have a 1200 breva you ve got a cheap Norge more suitable for two up. One up the 1100s ok my my limited riding skill and it needs to lose the cat bag for a xover
plus it's cheaper to insure and gas up.

Victor,

Glad you got a good deal on the bike....As I said it was not the bike I lost faith in but the dealer, but one mans loss is anothers gain. I'm happy with the Breva 1100 I got form M&S and I am expecting the Hepco Beckers I ordered next week, I doubt I got the same deal but the dealer was up front and honest and that to me means more.

I've had the wife out on it and she thinks its great, it has enough power for me and I've just clocked 198.75 miles before my bottle went and I filled up :D . Who knows mabe next time I'll run till dry and see how far I get. Being white the bike attracts alot of attension and I'm very happy to say that cleaning it does not take to long. Getting it serviced is going to be a problem as their is no dealership on the West Coast of Scotland so it looks as if I will have to head East if I want my service done. I do most of it myself but the valves, also the service 'spanner' on the display I've no idea how to get rid of that.....?
Anyway once again well done Victor and I hope you have care free miles. :D

Attachments

• DSCF0986.jpg
    DSCF0986.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 547
Congrats to both of you, and welcome to the Forum!

I hope you'll both Register your bikes under the Registry tab to the top right above. Click Registry -> Bike Registration -> Add New Listing Button. If you have any problems, contact me direct.

macguzzy said:
but the valves, also the service 'spanner' on the display I've no idea how to get rid of that.....?

If 36421 gets you in (Like a 1200Sport) you can reset that annoying little spanner from the handlebars

1.Select Mode
2.Press set button until Menu comes up 'press & hold set button'
3.Select 'Diagnosis' & 'press & hold set button'
4.'Enter the Service Code' appears, then enter code (36421) 'press & hold set button'
5.Select 'Reset Service' press & hold set button.
6.Select 'YES' or 'NO' press & hold set button.

Hope that helps

Mal

you sir, are an absolute star.....Many thanks for this now I can do my own services. That way I know it gets done right.

Cheers

Mal

Tried that code mate and it came up 'incorrect code'. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Jock

Service Code 36421 worked on my breva V1100 but I can't be bothered resetting it anymore. Servicing is easy but do not over filled tranmission or carc. Double all oil change plug filter etc. mileage intervals apart from engine oil/filter. Use halford HOF293 oil filter thats the one with the massive nut on the end to aid tightening. I use shell helic 10/60 bought of ebay. hope this saves you money.

Hi Jock, glad you like the bike.
If your rear shock is a bit soft for you Hagons do one that is fantastic.
I'd also advise fitting firmer fork springs (Hyperpro)
I love my Breva, and the only advice I can give is when you need the throttle bodies balanced (you will know because the bars vibrate like mad) go to someone who knows how to use an Axone properly!

I've changed my exhaust for a Mistral and binned the colostomy bag collector box, which will fry your ankles in the summer.

A freer flowing exhaust transforms the bike.
Enjoy!
Rob

macguzzy said:
Mal

Tried that code mate and it came up 'incorrect code'. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Jock

Jock, Aplogies, but I've been on holiday, have you sorted the service code out yet? I think it's 28315, the Norge one, as the 1200 Breva is the same 2 valve Norge engine, I'm sure it's what I used last time.

Cheers, Neil

20001200c said:
Jock, Aplogies, but I've been on holiday, have you sorted the service code out yet? I think it's 28315, the Norge one, as the 1200 Breva is the same 2 valve Norge engine, I'm sure it's what I used last time.

Cheers, Neil

Neil

Tried the 28315 code today for my Breva 1200 and it works - thanks. :D

Pity my local main dealership couldn't find it - where do these people get their training from I wonder apart from providing crap customer service. :sick:

Anyway, got rid of the spanner symbol at last.

Cheers

Simon

geordielad said:
20001200c said:

Cheers, Neil

Neil

Tried the 28315 code today for my Breva 1200 and it works - thanks. :D

Pity my local main dealership couldn't find it - where do these people get their training from I wonder apart from providing crap customer service. :sick:

Anyway, got rid of the spanner symbol at last.

Cheers

Simon

Turn your dealer onto this thread. https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/196/917.html A search of the forum would have found it for you.

Brevabrabo said:
I was just wondering, is your dealer a Guzzi-dealer? If so, they should be ashamed not knowing this...... :oops: :oops:

Yes, they are a main Guzzi dealership although from the level of service that they provide, I'm not sure that they can all read, so not much point in telling them where they should be looking for this info. :lol:

It's not really a problem now as not only have I cleared the indicator myself, but I intend to get it serviced elsewhere until it's out of warranty, then I'll do it myself. :geek:

Just to add my t'pennyworth to the screen replies.....

I'm 6ft and tried adjusting the screen all ways to try and get my helmet protected from the oncoming air, but gave up after all attempts on highest/most vertical variations produced buffeting.

I now have it set on the lowest/steepest rake that it'll go on, and imho it's perfect. My helmet is in clean air (bug blasted) and the wind blast is diverted off my body except the very top of my shoulders. I don't think I'd be able to get a better compromise. The only downside is having to put up with getting bug smeg on the visor and having to clean it every stop. :D

So, possibly the same as riding without a screen regards helmet buffet, yet reduced fatigue on faster and longer runs.....

hth.

Geordie

The code worked fine, thats the 1100 serviced and running fine.

I can't seem to stop riding it....what is it about these bikes that want you to take the long way home. Last night I left Uni early and went for the ferry home, as I was trundling down the M8 heading to Greenock I saw the sign for Erskine bridge (going this way home adds another 70 miles but no ferry) I didn't think twice :D :D crackin ride home up the Rest and be Thankful, got in two hours later.

hth - Agree with you 100% the screens useless I may even take it off.

Back