• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New to the forum..

GuzzE

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

before firing off a bucket load of questions on this board (I've bugged Todd already with too many emails :oops: ), I thought an introduction might be in order first.

Last february I bought a Stelvio ('10 model with A8 motor) and as with all the things I do I want to be know everything about it. So in my search for knowledge I stumbled upon this site. I'm generally not a big poster on forums but people here seemed like a nice group so I'll try my best to chime in whenever I can.

Now for some background :dry:

A long time ago I've had a bad motorcycle accident which had put me in the hospital for close to a year and in a wheelchair for a couple years more . Ok.. the latter also has wheels but it's nowhere near as fun :) .. But once I could stand back on my own feet I went and bought another bike.. The accident has left me with a left leg which won't bend further then 90 degrees.. This somewhat limited my choice of bikes so I settled for a Harley FXSTC.. I rode that for 10 years until wife, house and kids ate away all my free time. So I sold the Harley with a vow to buy another bike as soon as circumstances permitted.

Fast forward to January of this year and the 88th Brussels Car and Bike show.. Cars don't hold my interest much, but every year I go and check out the bikes. I don't know what was different but instead of trying the 'chopper' models which I knew I could ride, I went for the more all road / adventure bikes.. Moto Morino, Ducati, Triumph, Benelli, BMW, ... I could sit on most of them but realized that I wouldn't last 100 miles on any of them.. Then I stopped at the Moto Guzzi stand and they had a Stelvio on show.. I sat on it and it was like I came home after a long time.. The bike just felt as if it was made for me.. and to top it all off.. the people at the booth were friendly, made time to talk and they love MG (try finding a dealer that is open 6 days on 7 from 9AM to 8PM and even call you with a solution to a question you put in mail on a sunday, and who can take apart and assemble a Guzzi with their eyes closed ;) ) .. I went for a test ride a few days later (it was -6° C) and when my wife saw the grin on my face when I returned, she told me to go and buy it.. that was 8000 miles ago...

Wow.. if anybody is still reading this, I must apologize for the long post.. I promise I'll keep the future ones a lot shorter.

Patrick

Welcome, Patrick. I am a newbie to Guzzis as well, having purchased my '09 Stelvio in November 2009. I have completely fallen in love with this bike. It has everything I could ask for in a motorcycle, with that wonderful exhaust note and great charisma for which these machines have become famous. It is comfortable, fast and great handling. I have now had the opportunity to take a few extended weekend trips with it, and it is truly a mile eater.
This is a very friendly, helpful forum, with a wealth of Guzzi knowledge. :D
Enjoy!

Bruce

And a welcome from the Low countries too (unne Ollander....)
I'm also lucky to have an expert-dealership nearby.
I hope you'll have lots of fun riding your Guzzi for years to come. There are a lot of Guzzisti in Belgium.

;) Ciao Dolf.

Back