• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Saturday ride with Roper

guzzi jon

High Miler
GT Contributor
Pete will be either leaving or preparing to leave Sunday for the national, so we are riding Saturday, if any of you (Don, you better show up) would like to ride with us, post up. We're pretty flexible as to when and where as I will not be going with Pete up north as I was layed off today. Anyway, ride with a legend....... and Pete.
Post or Pm if you're interested. Wont be too early as Pete wants to trim his pelt and treat the rash on his vestigal tail before leaving for the national....
Cheers,
Jon

Me, Pete, SoCal Don are heading into the SMM's for the day, we'll be lunching at Neptunes. Look for a fat blue bearded gent on the only 2008 red 8V griso in the us, a smiling hispanic, and another fat guy on a ratty Cal SS. The red griso will likely be at the rear of the pack despite its superior handling and 30bhp advantage....

58614034.optim.jpg

1007BUS_FOOTBALL_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

fifa-2010-world-cup-south-africa.jpg

Did you guys stay out of gaol? I was coming up Mulholland and saw 3 coppers hiding out. There was another at the Virgins. Turned North to go back to the 101 or whatever interstate that is, and saw 2 more heading that way. Too much heat for me. :D
Been trying to call Pete or Jon and no answer.. uh oh.

I did manage to get a ticket, but no jail time.... first ticket in the hills in all the years I've been riding there too....

Jon tried to get out of the ticket but his gag reflex was a problem.
Meanwhile, here are some shots of the day.

019eb65e.jpg

3c09f4df.jpg

9504df12.jpg

5c30066b.jpg

7f8ca67a.jpg

4e1b7c5d.jpg

3b27303d.jpg

Kiwi Dave going down under on Pete
31f21bf0.jpg

172fcbda.jpg

Two Copper Tops can run a vibrator.
56289e49.jpg

"Take the shot you wanker!"
b31b8c94.jpg

c180d9da.jpg

Pete is a dude magnet.
cabc8eb4.jpg

da843d94.jpg

Jacket and Pants match beard.

guzzi jon said:
I did manage to get a ticket, but no jail time.... first ticket in the hills in all the years I've been riding there too....
icon_doh.gif

Don, thanks for the photos esay.

Man, that Honda CBX looks cool..!

I rode on back in 1980 or so...

Always sorta wanted one after that, just never bad enough to pull the trigger..

I did have a '82 CB900F, 'tho...Great Bike.

--

guzzimike said:
Man, that Honda CBX looks cool..!

I rode on back in 1980 or so...

Always sorta wanted one after that, just never bad enough to pull the trigger..

I did have a '82 CB900F, 'tho...Great Bike.

--

Six cylinders, plastic swing arm bushings.. :shock: :D The first ones, at any rate..

Didn't get to ride with you guys, but, made it up there later on with Tess...

I saw some pictures of a couple of copper-top SS's and a red Griso from earlier in the day...

Attachments

• photo(9).JPG
    photo(9).JPG
    131 KB · Views: 195
So what have you Americans done with our Pete Roper? Hasn't been heard from for more than a week. Unlike Pete!
Posibilities are:

1. All those photos of him "asleep" were something more sinister and he's been burried in the desert while you made off with his Guzzi?

2. You've shipped him off to Abu Graibe to be interrogated about his sump spacer?

3. Some local yokel perforated him with a shotgun blast and he's imitating Peter Fonda by the roadside?

4. He was reported as a possible alien without a green card and he's counting flies in an immigration detention centre?

5. All of the above??????

I've just been on holiday, riding rather than posting. Had a wonderull run up to John Day with Chuck via Yosemite, 49 and then on up past Crater Lake and then from the Rally up to Seattle. Picking up my daughter this evening then we'll spend a day in Seattle before driving back to LA in a hire car. Griso stays in Seattle for the time being.

Pete

Pete, how long will you be in LA? Might try to get a V7C here still if you have the time.

Pete,
I sold whats left of the scura to Chuck, even through in an extra voltage regulator and brake pedal. plus a new turn signal lense. He's picking it up Friday, when will you be here and do you want me to collect a check from him. Are those luggage racks I've holding for 2 years yours, for the scura, or are they mine for my crashed lemans, I dont remember. They dont seem to fit the scura with the rack on, but chuck can make anything fit. I reckon it will be the advertised price plus of course minor handling charges and 2 years storage, but there still should be a bit left for you :twisted:
When do you plan on arriving? I need to arrange my schedule appropriately. And with the Scura gone, perhaps we can hook up with Todd and do the PCV AT ECU reflash that you gave me so my Griso will finally run like the dogs danglies

I just took the scura out, it is the hardest hitting guzzi in the bottom end I have ever ridden, you cannot keep the front wheel down, sucker really screams. to 6000rpm it would leave Pete's 8V1200 Griso for dead, I may not sell it :evil:

Back