• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another Norge rider newbie

Wistrick

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I my name is Dan and I am a Moto Guzzi newbie...I hail from Pendleton OR...I rode my VFR over the Rally in John day and fell in love with the demo Norge, which is now parked in the garage....Couple of questions for you all if u don't mind.

1. The rear view mirrors are really blurry, its not vibration cause there like that with the bike off....Is this something common on this bike and if so is there other mirrors that work...

2. OIl 10/60w I have always ran amsoil in my VFR and my DL1000 need a source for oil ideas???

3. Tankbag anything beside the 200 dollar dealer option???

That it for now sure I will come up with more....

Dan

Dan, welcome to the group, I am new to the group also. I have found that Cortech makes a tank bag complete with a raincover for about $55.00 to be perfect for my Norge.

I use Mobil One in all of my vehicles and I will be using it in the Norge. I can always find it when I travel and it is easy to keep track of my inventory of oil anf filters.

Good luck and ride safe.

I have had my Norge for 3 years now and it gets better and better.

It can't be emphasized enough about the recommended oil which is an SG rated fully synthetic 10w60, It is the recommended oil for all newer Guzzi because they run so hot with the mandated EPA lean burning fueling. There are several choices, Motorex, Agip, Red Line ( just come out ) and BMW motor oil available at BMW auto dealerships. The SG rating ( Zinc Prosperous additives) is also very important due to the flat tappet design of the Guzzi V-Twin. I don't believe that Mobil1 makes a product that fits the bill.
Just wanted to point this out without seeming to be a no-it all.

The local Cycle Gear store was able to order Motorex 10/60w for me.
I'm using the Toyota oil filer for the Tundra 4.7: p/n = v 90915-yzzd3.

Enjoy your new ride.... :D

Regards, Paul

+1 on the 10W60 oil. If you can't find it locally, there are many good sources including www.mgcycle.com
Many Norge owners including myself have replaced the stock mirrors with the sport 1200 mirrors. They look good, give clear vision and are inexpensive. Any dealer can get them for you. Hope you enjoy your Norge as much as I have mine.

Dan, if you decide to go with the Motorex oil, almost any motorcycle shop can order it for you. Just give them the following Parts Unlimited part numbers. 1 Liter 3601-008 or 4 Liter 3601-0009. Experience here in Moses Lake even gave me a discount for not having to look up the numbers. No one around here stocks the 10w-60 so I try to keep enough on hand for the next oil change so I'm not stuck waiting for an order.

Oh, and congratulations on your new Norge!

Sly I betting Full Throttle can get it then...Thanks....next time your doing valves holler so I can come over and learn....
Got any online sources for Guzzi Parts ie Sport Mirrors...

thanks

Dan

Wistrick said:
2. OIl 10/60w I have always ran amsoil in my VFR and my DL1000 need a source for oil ideas???

3. Tankbag anything beside the 200 dollar dealer option???

Welcome Dan, if you like AMSOIL products I recommend their 60 weight motorcycle specific oil. The product code is AHR. It will provide the wear protection the tappets need. I do all my own maintenance and keep records of all valve adjustments. Since switching to this oil I noticed the valves stay closer to tolerances between adjustments compared to the AGIP oil. I also use their severe gear 75W90 in the transmission and CARC. Shifting is butter smooth.

The French firm Bagster makes a combination tank bra and large tank bag. Their red is a perfect match for Guzzi red. It's a nice setup but a bit pricey. More info at http://www.bagster.com

Take care,
Charlie

Wistrick said:
Sly I betting Full Throttle can get it then...Thanks....next time your doing valves holler so I can come over and learn....
Got any online sources for Guzzi Parts ie Sport Mirrors...

thanks

Dan

I just did mine a couple of weeks ago. Easy enough to do, I can do them again to show you. How many miles on your Norge?

For the mirrors, give Moto International a call, 1-800-949-6686. I'm sure they can fix you up.

Wistrick...Welcome to the Cult... I am New to Norge myself and a long time DL 1000 owner
You are in our area.. We have a 5 Norge Posse here and you are welcome to our Tech Day get together.

My Old Eclipse tank bags fits the Norge just fine... You should be able to find a strapped bag easy enough for way less $$ then a Genuine MG one.

Attachments

• NorgeTankBag&GPS.jpg
    NorgeTankBag&GPS.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 385
sempervee said:
SlyGrin...Welcome to the Cult... I am New to Norge myself and a long time DL 1000 owner
You are in our area.. We have a 5 Norge Posse here and you are welcome to our Tech Day get together.

Minor correction. Wistrick is the Norge newbie in question... I've been around a while, don't post much, mostly absorbing information and ride a Breva 1100... :mrgreen:

Slygrin said:
sempervee said:
SlyGrin...Welcome to the Cult... I am New to Norge myself and a long time DL 1000 owner

Minor correction. Wistrick is the Norge newbie in question... I've been around a while, don't post much, mostly absorbing information and ride a Breva 1100... :mrgreen:

Opps.. Sorry bout that. Fixed it. *Please consider joining us also when the next Tech Day rolls around!

Dan,
I just bought the 1200 sport mirors from Moto International last Wed.off the shelf $23.50 each, no ordering required. While I was waiting I noticed that they have a lot of parts in stock which in most places you would probably have to order(low seat for the Norge for $230 in paticular), so seems like a good place to deal with.
Bob

Well looks like I am off to Moto International next weekend to get a front oil seal leak fixed...might pick up some Sport Mirrors while I am there...

Dan

Oil leak all fixed turned out to be the o-ring on the oil breather....but iIdid score a set of Sport mirrors and a Lamar Lip while I was there....

MI guys are awesome.....

Dan

Back