• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Goose with screen question

KerryBlue

Just got it firing!
Greetings all from a newbie from Ireland.
Finally bought muself a Guzzi after years with BMWs.
For the last four weeks I've been the proud owner of a bright red Breva 1100. Love the bike - big change from Beemers - but badly need to fit a screen, so need some advice.
I've read through the various screen threads on this and other forums and am tempted to bite the bullet and spend money on a Daes Mototec screen. I know they're expensive, but when I think of the time and money I've wasted on previous bikes trying to get a screens that work, it might be worth it.
So, are there any guzzi riders out there with Daes screens, and how have they found them?
By the way, are there any other members in this area? I'm the only one I know who owns a Guzzi.
Great forum guys.

I'm 6ft and rode with the guzzi screen which gave me neckache from sustained 70+mph runs and head ache. I added a laminar lip and it fixed the problem.

Oh no, another screen post, they are close to achieving oil thread status :lol:

Thankfully there are lots folk who have tried different options here.... The Guzzi screen and laminar lip does it for me...... Oh and I've now fitted Mana bars too, which helps more for me as you are then leaning forward a bit..... But this really is a personal fitting thing!! I'm 6ft and 34" inside leg with loooong arms (yes Orangutan like... not ginger though...)

Good luck in your search! Neil

fwiw, i am 6 ft. and neither the guzzi screen or a slightly taller one from mph cycle was adequate. ended up purchasing a 500mm screen from eagle screen in oz. no problem at speed now. fits the guzzi hardware and well crafted.

welcome to the forum. i too switched from airs and k bikes and the folks on the forums were terrific in not only welcoming me but also in sharing their thoughts.

enjoy the b 11, pretty bullet proof and attracts "cougars" in parts of the eastern u.s. , out west, not so much.

betres

On my Breva 1200 (U.K.) I use a Givi A750 screen, Mana bars plus a tall tank bag when on overnight trips.
There is enough adjustment on the screen to vary the angle of 'attack' to give the best combination of low noise and wind protection.
This set up seems to give the best compromise of looks and performance but like all compromises it ain't perfect. If I wanted real protection etc. the Norge would be the answer of course.
Having said that I've just returned from a trip to Austria (1700 miles) cruising at 90 mph on the motorways in temperatures in the 30's centigrade and with no rain at all, and would not have thanked you for a barn door stuck on the front.

Many thanks for the advice and messages of welcome.
And apologies for starting another screen thread!
Was really wondering if any members had any experience of Daes Mototec screens.
I know screens are a very individual thing.
On my last bike I tried over a dozen different combinations before I finally got one with bearable levels of buffeting and wind noise.
I was hoping to avoid spending that amount of time and expense [and frustration] on the Guzzi.
Cheers,
Tom.

Back