• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio/Quota meet in SoCal/Death Valley - Oct. 23-24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Details hiding below... in short, we're going to meet in Death Valley overnight on Oct. 23-24th. This is a 'bring & do your own everything' event. Nothing is planned outside of us meeting there and sharing some good laughs. I personally am going to plan some off-road riding. Post below... hope to see you there.

Re: Stelvio/Quota meet in SoCal?

I'm game, but I'll have to mount another set of tires for off-roading. I learned over the weekend that the Pirelli Scorpian "Trails" are useless in the most basic loose dirt/gravel (De Luz Rd.), well, fully loaded and 2-up, anyway.

I'm game, but pavement only. I learned that lesson on my Quota.

38 Stelvio in the whole country, impressive! I wonder if the Stelvio will make the endangered species list :p
I'm in.

JP

zigzag said:
38 Stelvio in the whole country, impressive! I wonder if the Stelvio will make the endangered species list :p
I'm in.
Doubt it, as I think it is around to stay.

How about mid-Oct (16-17 and/or Friday night)? The first weekend is the NorCal Guzzi Rally/Bodega Bay.

We can start locking in details (accommodations, etc.) with some confirmation of the date(s).

Post again guys.

That's a definite maybe for me, Todd. Any of the next 3 weekends would work better, but I've got a daughter threatening a wedding in October which, of course, will trump everything.

kmartin said:
That's a definite maybe for me, Todd. Any of the next 3 weekends would work better, but I've got a daughter threatening a wedding in October which, of course, will trump everything.
OK, Oct. 23-24th... all?

This will be here before we know it... so, post below if you'll be joining us. Overnight in Death Valley on October 23-24th. I may go on Friday the 22nd.

Lodging options (outside of camping, not for me) are Furnace Creek Inn ($$$$) or Furnace Creek Ranch ($$ @Golf course) or lastly Stovepipe Wells ($~$$). It would be good to have everyone together of course. Comments? Post below.

I've never been anywhere in DV. Fewer $ is better, as long as there's a place to get food. BYO steak would be good, if there's some way to grill/fry/bbq it.

Still planning to attend, but healing from broken bone in foot (first ever broken bone NOT motorcycle related). I'd say cheaper, and not in the mood for camping.

wsholar said:
anybody considering bringing SO's??
Wallis, I am. We'll see if Gretchen is willing to tough it out on some off-road rides while I'm there. :whistle:

So the date is now locked in, and the most reasonable accommodations are at Furnace Creek Ranch (with decent food). I might stay at the Inn on Saturday night if Gretchen comes along.

Todd, i'm there that weekend too...There's several of going (i'm the only Guzzi), we'll look out for ya...We're staying in Ridge crest Fri night, then motoring around the valley Sat and on to Beatty, NV for Sat night. Anyone looking for cheap lodgings try the Atomic lodge in Beatty, cheap ($46 last year), clean and close to the few bars and resturants in town.

Mark

I'm interested. I've stayed at Furnace Creek Ranch. I remember there being a lot more there (food and stuff) than at Stovepipe Wells, which is pretty minimal. I'd vote for the Ranch.

quota said:
Planning on being there from Utah.
Excellent.

I'm now booked into the Ranch the night of the 23rd, I may add the night of the 22nd if time allows.
I have written the resort to arrange a group rate and will post the information here the minute I have it.

Also, we'll be having the Elko, NV gang join us as well. Looking forward to it.

Group rate for ten (10) total rooms, dbl occupancy is $135, which seems to be the same rate listed online here; https://www.furnacecreekresort.com/rese ... ation=DVFR

I'm not going to get involved in securing 10+ rooms for a minimal discount, so book above.

See you there, and I'll post often as we get closer. Any one here ridden off-road extensively in that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back