• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Piaggio rebuilding Canadian dealer network

I recently heard that we have a new dealer in the Toronto area.... BMW Toronto.. I can't confirm yet, might try and get down there this weekend. Not sure I like the idea... nevermind their location sucks for me, but its better than having to travel to the US to find a dealer!

The only reason they will touch my bike is for warranty work..

The good thing about BMW Toronto is that they make a lot of dough selling BMW's the Bay Street bankers so let's hope they throw some of that cash behind the MG brand. I think that is a problem with many of the local bike shops in Canada (and probably the US as well) is that they're mom and pop shops and thus don't have the bottomless pit of capital to start a new brand from scratch, particularly when the entire bike market has cratered the past two years.

On a positive note, some of the MG models don't have competing BMW counterparts (thinking the V7 Cafe and the California Special, but also in some sense the Griso) so the two lines avoid some conflict there. Let's hope the Toronto motorcycle community realizes that MG has some staying power behind it with BMW Toronto as long as people show support by buying MG motorcycles and that the staff at BMW TO give the MG bikes a fair shake and don't just direct buyers to the BMW bikes. If they only sell 6 MGs and 10 Aprilia's a year and have problems dealing with the Mothership then they will drop the brand like a hot potato. They are in the biz to make money, not provide charity service for Piaggio.

Cory

It's not on the MG website but SG Power in Victoria is selling Moto Guzzi, Aprilia and Piaggio scooters along with Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha. They have a 2007 Griso and a 2009 Norge on the showroom floor. I have to check with them about knowledgeable service people. I'm a little surprised Toronto BMW is selling MG - I understood BMW did not allow dealers to sell other marques.
Cindy

Confirmed today that SG Power in Victoria is an authorized Moto Guzzi dealer :D The salesman says it should be up on the Moto Guzzi NA website soon. Now if I can just get them to come close to MI's price on the Norge........

After going though the trial of a "lemon" Breva, I knew what I was in for with a recently aquired Stelvio and just assumed a few things about Guzzi and motorcycles in general:

- Don't buy unless you have a good dealer within range. Goes for any brand. I'm lucky enough to have Valley Yamaha and MI in Seattle.
- That being said, they're both a fair distance away, plan on being able to do the basics myself.
- Any local Piaggo dealer can order parts for me (read: scooter shops).
- It's a (glorious) older engine design choked up to comply with modern emission standards. Live with it, or...
- Plan to spend money fixing the fueling issues.
- Too much can go wrong in the first 10k, driving one nuts. Buy used. It's all been sorted, recalls done, and you pay a fraction of the price. Works for me.
- The seat will suck. Plan a trip to get a custom one built or sort it otherwise
- Buy guards for everything that will take them, cylinders, jugs, grips etc. Simple drops can cost too much.
- Learn to replace leaky drive seals (on my list for this year). It's just too common a problem to rely on others all the time.
- Play hard-ball with any warranty issues. Don't take no for an answer. Learn to file complaints with consumer protection agencies if needed.
- Take apart and Locktite everything that might need it. Don't assume anything has been put together correctly.
- Check for exhaust system leaks. Permatex as needed.
- Actually DO the bike checkover while washing and before riding. So many loose bolts discovered.
- Keep tabs on corrosion, especially if you ride in the rain. Take preventative actions.

I love my Guzzi's. Sure, a friend bugs me that his Honda just runs with very little work. But it's soulless. Even he admits it. If I wasn't willing to put up with some frustration at times, I'd buy one instead.

Flay said:
I love my Guzzi's. Sure, a friend bugs me that his Honda just runs with very little work. But it's soulless. Even he admits it. If I wasn't willing to put up with some frustration at times, I'd buy one instead.

Spoken as a true Guzzi lover! ;)
Cheers

Back