• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Last Class Starting this Weekend!

SoCalDon

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I'm starting my last class for the Masters Program this weekend.
n December I'll be starting my Project. In May, I graduate.
Can't wait to resume my life on two wheels.

Ah-HA. That's where you've been hiding eh? Congrats in advance, and look forward to seeing you out and about again soon.

Nick, I've known Don for a number of years, going to school and not going to school. I can tell you his one constant is a particular level of class :twisted:

C'mon, don't beat about the bush. He's a bloody Mexican, almost certainly responsible for most of the Bolivian marching powder in LA and possibly a t'rr'rist to boot! and he rides a Coppertop so he's got zero class to start off with :mrgreen:

Pete

Help me out of I'm wrong here, Don, but aren't you from a long line of proud Conquistadores, inhabiting what is now the Southwest US since God knows when? You don't have to take shit from any fekking Anglo. You're certainly as American as anyone in the lower 48, and more American than the vast majority of us, for whatever that's worth. Give 'em hell, Capitan.

Bring it on! I do miss this stuff... (Jon,,,, thats a diffrent story... :evil: )

It’s kind of like being Rip Van Winkle.
I have a Convert re-hab project on hold and the two 02 Ca’s gathering dust. When I come back, the rest of the world has moved on to modern bikes. Thinking a Vintage with a 04 Lemans ECU could replace both 02’s, and then add an Adventure-Tour Bike to the mix.

Don,
I test rode a vintage, I see nothing the vintage offers over your EV, other than $$$$ Now an adventure/tour bike would be nice.

A Vintage Project represents a place I come to where I don’t change the look of a stock bike, but do my best to make only performance improvements. Not sure if I can leave well enough alone, but we all know that the ultimate value of any bike is maintained when it’s not modified into a different bike. Can I do that?

Don,
Really, you're not asking that question!!! you will modify anything you ride... Ride a Vintage, and you will see that your EV is every bit the bike it is. If you want to get crazy, buy the chrome fenders and the skunk seat, but the EV is superior in my limited opinion. Unless you get one for a steal, then spend money on it, you will have less of a bike than your current EV, however, that is just my opinion based on a limited ride on a vintage, and some experience with the EV. I can think of better ways to spend $10K and have an EV with chrome bits and a skunk seat... perhaps buy an adventure/touring bike and enjoy your EV

I'm thinking that the Vintage is the last of the Tonti's.
Last is significant. The end. Il finito.
You know where I'm going with this?

Yeah, but Don. While it is the 'Last' of 'em it still doesn't have all the 'good' Gear. The wheels still have tubes fer christ's sakes!!! I mean?? Phlease!!!!! I'm with John. If you want a 'Vintage'? Build one out of your SS or something. Buy an '03 EV with a torched Hydro motor. Take all the bling off it and put in on the SS, beat Margrave senseless and steal his LeMans donk for it if you want a bit more get-up-and-go (he might have a Scura motor around still too? Not sure?) and add whatever accessories you want. It'll be a better bike than the Cal-Vin and it'l be 'Yours' not just a styling excercise to wring the last few sales out a few customers who are so old that they need to be tested on a regular basis for signs of life! I met one in Sydney this weekend and I'm sure he'd have trouble misting a mirror! He was a very strange colour but still seemed to be alive!

Pete

wsholar said:
Help me out of I'm wrong here, Don, but aren't you from a long line of proud Conquistadores, inhabiting what is now the Southwest US since God knows when? You don't have to take shit from any fekking Anglo. You're certainly as American as anyone in the lower 48, and more American than the vast majority of us, for whatever that's worth. Give 'em hell, Capitan.

Hey Wallis you calling Mr Roper an "Anglo" ? ... Hope that's a deliberate insult he will love it :lol:

Anglo Art

Although I'm not about to teach one's grandmother to suck eggs, I do wonder if it's better to have a 1950's motorcycle or car that was chopped into some guys idea of cool or fast, than one that looked like it just came off the lot. Or consider this; a 1955 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop that someone hack up with "better" pick ups? Real value can be dreadful in the long view.

Anyway the economy is what it is. I expect to see a the 2007/2008 showroom Vintages fire sale soon. One in Las Vegas is now down to $8,900.

Hey, back to my present day hacked up version of cool and fast.
I just pulled it out of the garage and fired it up (need to put the 2011 sticker on). The EV is squirtn' oil out of the left fork. I've got the parts to fix it, just no time.

With the SS, I will worm my way to a great parking spot at Dodger Stadium to enjoy a free ticket along with free Dodger Dogs and such. Yeah, I know Dodgers suck.
IMAG0315.jpg

hey Don
I haven't felt the need to buy a new bike, the vintage feels bigger than the EV11 (I know same bike) it is just like the difference of the SS and EV. I feel your EV11 and SS are better looking bikes to boot! remember nobody cares if it is a '02, '76, 2010 all that matters is that it is a GUZZI !

I have lusted for a 1200 sport, Griso and Norge, but they need the same stuff done as what we've already done to our current bikes. I am sticking with the "Hot Rod" Jackal, EV11 "Tour Bus" and V11 sport Scura, maybe later I will want to part with one or two of these models to get newer bike but that day is still in the distant future...really! :)

All I'm saying is I like the look of the Vintage and would like to have one because it's more than likely the last Tonti Guzzi will sell with any character. Last is something special. I must be the only one it this group that thinks that way.
The Breva's and Norge's do nothing for me. Good for those who love them.
The Griso is sexy and great looking, but after riding both the 11 and 12, I figure its like have 3 trusty golf clubs, but not the whole bag. The Stelvio is the only new Guzzi that I have any interest in.

Cool! Buy a Stelvio!!!! :mrgreen:

I can see where you're coming from Don, and if that is what 'Floats your boat'? Go for it. I have experience of exactly ONE vintage. I was underwhelmed and would take an '03-'04 Hydro EV over it any day of the week, but that's me.....

Pete

Back