• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Broken Norge Exhaust

mojohand

Cruisin' Guzzisti
The title says it all.

4987172183_b17df18dfb_z.jpg

4987793856_1e2049c37c_z.jpg

Not sure what toi do. Supposed to go to the Georgia Campout on Thursday. Out of town for business Tuesday & 1/2 of Wed. Am sure Steelhorse doesn't have this part in stock, and I a) don't weld and b) don't know anyone in Richmond who does.

Bummer.

Is there an Autozone wrap that I can get to use temporarily, or is parking it the best solution?
(crossposted to Wildguzzi)

Bummer indeed. We actually just jigged one to offer for production, but we haven't built one yet (to offer). I doubt we could get you one before Thursday, but we can try if you'd like. OEM part cost is ~$190 from memory (posted elsewhere here I believe). Our heavier gauge "crack-proof/lifetime guarantee" version will likely cost the same as our Breva 1100 Y-pipe @~$360. Let me know if you'd like us to try and get you one.

GT-Rx said:
Bummer indeed. We actually just jigged one to offer for production, but we haven't built one yet (to offer). I doubt we could get you one before Thursday, but we can try if you'd like. OEM part cost is ~$190 from memory (posted elsewhere here I believe). Our heavier gauge "crack-proof/lifetime guarantee" version will likely cost the same as our Breva 1100 Y-pipe @~$360. Let me know if you'd like us to try and get you one.
Oh, Todd, that's so cool--the "other Todd" (Todd Haven) had a stock one and is UPSing it as we speak. But I like the idea of investing in a heavier one in a bit.

Wow. 38,000 miles and THIS happens. What a piece of cr@p, Guzzi is!

(JK :) )

Hi all,

the power of the board: Todd Haven called me at home (and emailed me, too), letting me know he had one of these just layin' around. It's now nestled in the arms of UPS, winging its way here. Todd at Guzzi Tech also let me know HE could help, too. Wow!

Too, Bill Hagan (yes, THAT Bill Hagan) gave me some good advice on getting the O2 sensor loose as well as some tricks about getting the Y pipe off.

Of course, getting the new one situated just right will be, er, a chore. But I got everything off--here's hoping getting the new one on won't take longer than, say, 1/2 a day on Wednesday, so I can head south to Wayne's rally.

Some pics:

4988720454_5760643a6f_z.jpg

4988725746_7a1317d05e_z.jpg

4988128813_1343191c54_z.jpg

Doesn't look to be any impact damage...just thin, funky metal. Oh, well...38,000 miles or so on Red Molly.

(cross-posted to Wild Guzzi)

Thanks for the follow-up and travel pics. Those shots of the Y-pipe are almost unbelievable. This is one of the most wonderful groups in motorcycling, no doubt.

Again, we have a jig built and are ready to take orders on one for the Norge and/or 1200 Sport. Ping me direct to order.

Well, I'm almost there...but I fcuked up the bigger gasket for the muffler. Have calls out to MPH & Steelhorse to source one.

Ugh.

Todd, I shoulda just got yer exhaust...but after the struggle I've gone through over the past several days trying to reassemble this exhaust, I don't think I'll try that myself again. Next time? Credit card and a tow to a dealer!

I have the same situation except that I caught mine a little sooner by the looks of things. I am awaiting a part from Italy and there is currently no ETA. This winter I *really* must get my old R75/5 running so I have a backup to ride when the Guzzi is shop bound.

Michael

I recently replaced the "cat" on my Breva 1100 with Todd's "Y". I am by no means a mechanic, not even close! I did the change myself in a couple of hours, it fit perfectly and(knock on wood), I have had no issues!

I highly recommend Todd's work, and would think his Norge crossover would fit as well as my Breva did.

Mark.

cmgies said:
I have the same situation except that I caught mine a little sooner by the looks of things. I am awaiting a part from Italy and there is currently no ETA. This winter I *really* must get my old R75/5 running so I have a backup to ride when the Guzzi is shop bound.

Michael

Try another dealer. Amazing how often another dealer has the part-or how one can get it when another seemingly cannot. With one exception due to a pending part redesign, when the whole process took a month, I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks for anything for my Norge.

Back