• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

CalSci Stelvio windshields "Shorty"

RayInLA

Just got it firing!
GT Famiglia
I just spoke with Mark at CalSci windshields: http://www.calsci.com/

I asked Mark for a shorter, tinted version of their Stelvio touring windshield, and Mark has made one for me. I'll post pictures and impressions as soon as I receive it. Only the "shorty" is available in tint, as it is too dark to actually see through, especially at night or in low-light conditions. My desire was for a more sporty looking shield which will blend into the black body work. You can see versions of the Multistrada 1200 "shorty" shield on their website. I was looking for something similar for the Stelvio. I'll run it in low position only.

For touring purposes, I'll probably try one of CalSci's dedicated touring shields. They are available in various lengths, and their shields are "vented" to prevent turbulence. You can see pictures of them on the website, as well.

More when the shield arrives...

Ray

I've received version 2 of the CalSci shorty shield. Mark may still be refining this shield. I thought the corners should be rounded, and the bottom of the shield could be cut to match the contour of the bodywork. Otherwise, this shield puts your helmet directly into the wind stream, so there is no buffeting. It's much cooler on hot days, as your body receives more wind. It's very comfortable, and it lowers the look of the bike. I think it's a big improvement over the stock shield.

I'll keep you posted on any updates. Otherwise, Mark may be reached directly at CalSci.

Ray

DSC02832.jpg

Looks great, even on a slower black bike......................

j/k, thx for the post, I need the qualities you described to a 'T".

Cheers

Hey Obie!

Go ahead, buy one! You'll love it!

CalSci "shorty" windscreen version 2.1 is on its way to me. Updated pictures to follow.

Ray

How did you all end up liking them after a while? The dimensions on the site make it sound so much bigger than the pictures here make it look?

I had one on my last Stelvio, I'd put it on on really hot days. Didn't really care for it as it gave a lot of buffeting on my helmet.
prefered the stocker all the way down, 5'9

I had one on my last Stelvio, I'd put it on on really hot days. Didn't really care for it as it gave a lot of buffeting on my helmet.
prefered the stocker all the way down, 5'9
Thanks for the report! Do you happen to have any pictures of it?

I have the Shorty on my 2013 NTX, and combined with this spacer set I'm completely satisfied. I'm 6'0 and have done many 500 miles rides.

af1racing.com/AE-GNTX-WS-1-Derwood-Performance-Windscreen-Spacer-Set

Thanks for the report! I figured out that CalSci offers a smaller shorty for pre-'12 Stelvios and a bigger "shorty" for post-'12 Stelvios. Not sure why. I'll probably pick one up soon now that the weather is heating up.

Back