• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

speak now or forever hold your peace...

oalvarez

Tuned and Synch'ed
Yep, some of you will think I'm crazy, and many have told me that I am, but that's alright by me, I'm ok with it. Unless I have a change of heart, I will be trading in my Multistrada 1200S for a leftover 2009 Guzzi Stelvio tomorrow morning. The Stelvio comes with some very nice add-ons (luggage, engine guards, handguards, cover) and the recall's/fork pinch-bolts have been done. While the Multistrada will remain one of the greatest motorcycles I've ever owned and ridden (I fully understand what the Stelvio is and is not), I wanted something with a little bit more heart and soul, better looks, and perhaps old world simplicity, and I think that's what the Stelvio has to offer.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you along the way, I've done my fair share of research the last 24 hours, and you all seem like a pretty cool bunch.

I still have the opportunity to choose a "red" one, but I'm heavily leaning towards black on this bike. All of my Ducati's have all been red for the most part, perhaps it's time for a change.

Hi to pal RayinLa.....didn't mean to copy you and Mr. G!

First up? That delicious slip-on exhaust and fuel tuning that Todd has to offer.

Talk soon!

some pics that the dealership (Pro Italia) took:

Attachments

• mgstel1.jpg
    mgstel1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 695
  • mgstel2.jpg
    mgstel2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 695
  • mgstel4.jpg
    mgstel4.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 695
She's a beaut! Congrats on your Stelvio. You will love it :)

oalvarez said:
Yep, some of you will think I'm crazy, and many have told me that I am, but that's alright by me, I'm ok with it. Unless I have a change of heart, I will be trading in my Multistrada 1200S for a leftover 2009 Guzzi Stelvio tomorrow morning. The Stelvio comes with some very nice add-ons (luggage, engine guards, handguards, cover) and the recall's/fork pinch-bolts have been done. While the Multistrada will remain one of the greatest motorcycles I've ever owned and ridden (I fully understand what the Stelvio is and is not), I wanted something with a little bit more heart and soul, better looks, and perhaps old world simplicity, and I think that's what the Stelvio has to offer.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you along the way, I've done my fair share of research the last 24 hours, and you all seem like a pretty cool bunch.

I still have the opportunity to choose a "red" one, but I'm heavily leaning towards black on this bike. All of my Ducati's have all been red for the most part, perhaps it's time for a change.

Hi to pal RayinLa.....didn't mean to copy you and Mr. G!

First up? That delicious slip-on exhaust and fuel tuning that Todd has to offer.

Talk soon!

some pics that the dealership (Pro Italia) took:
Not here I call it being Enlighten ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oalvarez said:
:

Welcome to the Stelvionians club. ;)
Don't want to influence your choice but ........you do know the Red one is faster right? :whistle:

Cheers

Not much else to say but congrats(!).

You're going to love it once sorted.

Funny that SoCal is harboring ~25% of those sold in the U.S.

Post often, see you soon.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome.....guess where i'm off to? yep, Pro Italia, time to take care of business!

have already been in touch with Todd, hope to get at least the pipe/ecu done soon. will ride a bit this morning to get a feeling for the rear shock and fueling issues and then we'll go from there.

talk soon,

well, the ride home was cut short by some malfunction that caused the engine to die while on the freeway. luckily for me, i was in the #2 lane and approaching my exit into my home town. i was able to re-start the motor and limp along for another 1/2 mile which allowed me to park the bike under a shady tree (it was 106 here in Pasadena yesterday) where my buddies (Rick from Pro Italia and Mike G.) came to pick me up. i didn't receive any indication that the motor was going to die, it just kinda happened. subsequent starts told me not to ride it further, it shimmied/shook as though it wasn't receiving enough gas or running on a single cylinder. the bike is back at the shop where they'll look at it first thing Tuesday morning.

i must say that i was thoroughly impressed with the ride up until that moment. great bike, and even greater friends and dealership.

regards

btw: GT-Sx slip-on pipe on its way, Commander/Auto-Tune next up. Thanks Todd!

DanPez said:
oalvarez said:
:

Welcome to the Stelvionians club. ;)
Don't want to influence your choice but ........you do know the Red one is faster right? :whistle:

Cheers

Gotta agree with the Dan man here. Not that I am biased in any way... :D

Whichever way you go, go Stelvio! Congratulations, you will love the ride.

Bruce

:D Bet ya a cold beer its them fugly stock spark plug caps !!! :mrgreen:

reminds me somewhat of a new Aprilia SXV 550 that i purchased late last year.....rode it less than 10 miles and it blew a head gasket.

i guess these things just happen, even though you'd think they shouldn't 46 miles into the game. alas.

they're going over the bike as i type, and they too believe that it's probably attributed to the plug caps.

if the plug caps get replaced (at the dealer), will they most likely be oem ones? or do the dealers too use the NGK type?

if they use oem versions, should i go ahead and order myself a set of the NGK SB05E caps as suggested below and have those installed at the first service?

thanks in advance!

oalvarez said:
if the plug caps get replaced (at the dealer), will they most likely be oem ones? or do the dealers too use the NGK type?

if they use oem versions, should i go ahead and order myself a set of the NGK SB05E caps as suggested below and have those installed at the first service?

thanks in advance!

Probably OEM types. I'd see what they put on, and if not the NGK, get them to head off problems later.

just placed an overseas order for the NGK X4K plug caps and cables which i hope to be able to install myself once they arrive. if it costs me a little extra to reduce the hassle of installation and increase my level of confidence with the motor, then so be it. now, if installing the CAP ONLY (and not the entire cap/cable assembly) is the easier way to go then i'll go that route instead.

thanks for all of your help up to now!

<<game show buzzer sound>>

we were all wrong. appears to be a cam pin/bolt? that came loose/improperly inserted during the cam recall that the previous dealership supposedly did. ended up bending one of the valves ever so slightly so they're replacing the valve and checking the remaining valves in both cylinders.

glad i stopped riding it when i did.

bigtex said:
Can't be the fuel line, bike wouldn't run at all.

Got to be the plug caps.

When my line swelled up in the tank at the fitting it was letting some fuel get to the TB's but only enough to run really like crap, one cylinder miss type crap. Since the repair (it happened within the 1st 500 miles on the bike) it has been fine until the plug caps went 8K later.

Back