• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Aftermarket Seat

I think my dilemma was just solved - checked the Bill Mayer Saddles website today and they are running a 25% off special, now through the end of October. That's just the incentive I needed to go that route. Will report back...

Here is a copy of mine just recently rebuilt by a local upholsterer who Rides!
Russell is my benchmark since I have had 2, this is close enough @ 1/2 the price.

2.5 inches wider, 3 inches taller and no hump... Just flat.

Attachments

• NorgeFinishedSeat1.jpg
    NorgeFinishedSeat1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 202
  • NorgeFinishedSeat2.jpg
    NorgeFinishedSeat2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 201
sempervee said:
Here is a copy of mine just recently rebuilt by a local upholsterer who Rides!
Russell is my benchmark since I have had 2, this is close enough @ 1/2 the price.

2.5 inches wider, 3 inches taller and no hump... Just flat.

Looks good!

Bruce

euhmmm guys, ... what is wrong with the original seat ?

I find the guzzi seat well done.

Slekke

Slekke said:
euhmmm guys, ... what is wrong with the original seat ?

I find the guzzi seat well done.

Slekke

I have been quite happy with my stock seat as well, although some of the aftermarket seats look like they may be even more comfortable.

Bruce

Try putting the front of the seat one step above the rear. It will really help with the forward slide.

I removed the seat the other day and found it to be quite heavy. Is it the pan and mounting parts or the cushion material? If I can find an alternative that is comfortable with half the weight, I'd buy it tomorrow.

That Bill Mayer saddle sure looks good.

My stock seat arrived at Bill Mayer on Friday. Yesterday, I received a phone call saying it was done and being shipped out. Now THAT'S fast!
I'll post back once I receive it and have a chance to do a little testing.

Excellent service, has anyone in the UK had theires done and if so what was the outcome. :?:

Big E

:D :D It's done, Russel Day long saddle! What a difference, did their one day drop in, rode 300 miles homes,,, SWEEET! I felt I needed to share :p :D :D

Attachments

• 103_0575.jpg
    103_0575.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 598
  • 103_0574.jpg
    103_0574.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 596
pnguzzi said:
:D :D It's done, Russel Day long saddle! What a difference, did their one day drop in, rode 300 miles homes,,, SWEEET! I felt I needed to share :p :D :D

How much was the seat? Or which price code did they charge you? Is that Vinyl?

That looks great, pnguzzi! Nice to finally see what Russell could do for a Stelvio.
I got my Bill Mayer back Friday, only had time for a short ride, but am very happy. I'd post a pic, but it looks just like Bigtex's back on page one.
Good that we have some quality options.

kwn306 said:
How much was the seat? Or which price code did they charge you? Is that Vinyl?

It wasn't cheap :eek: I had to drop about $650 I got it in leather (vinyl sides) since it won't see much rain and I like the way the leather breathes.

Your right there not cheap, the one on my Concours was $1K or better with the back rest for the driver, heat for both driver and pass, HD suspension for my big a$$ and a rain cover, I had mine done in Velour. Can't beat them though, it looks like they solved the sliding into the fuel tank issue and the way they built the passenger pillion the wife should be able to stay back there without sliding into me. Looks nice, probably will have mine done in Feb when there is snow on the ground.

FrostedFlake said:
That looks great, pnguzzi! Nice to finally see what Russell could do for a Stelvio.
I got my Bill Mayer back Friday, only had time for a short ride, but am very happy. I'd post a pic, but it looks just like Bigtex's back on page one.

Could you discern a difference in weight between the stocker and the Mayer?

oalvarez said:
FrostedFlake said:

Could you discern a difference in weight between the stocker and the Mayer?

There should not be a whole lot of difference between a stock seat and a aftermarket seat when it comes to weight, they both use the stock seat pan which is steel / iron and very heavy.

No noticable weight diff. I am pretty sure the stock seat pan is plastic. The bike lost almost 20+ lbs. when I replaced the exhaust :D

I didn't notice any difference with the Mayer, either. Possible, but not enough for me to tell without focusing on it during the swap. It is a heavy seat, but with a near-500 lb. bike, I don't think it's an issue for me.
Maybe if I laid off the beer for a week it would all even out? B)

Going back to an older thread, has anybody tried a Sargent saddle on their Stelvio? I have one on a BMW R1200RT and like it. No problem of being too tall for my 5'9" legs either. I have been rding my Stelvio a lot lately and my ass is getting more tender and needs a little TLC in my old age!

Back