• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Drank the Kool-Aid

WitchCityBallabio

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello all,

Well....

Since first seeing the Stelvio when it was introduced, I really liked it and thought for sure at some point, I would own one. With the new incentives Guzzi has recently given with the bags, hand guards, engine guards, alarm, cover etc, I could resist no longer and jumped in.

We had rented one in Italy for a couple of weeks and loved it while there, so I am not a total stranger to Senor Stelvio.

I picked up my black Stelvio yesterday in New Hampshire and today took it for its first 200 mile ride. Truly a wonderful machine. It truly handles like it is 200 pounds lighter than it is.

I was expecting rather poor initial gas mileage, but found that I was averaging about 35.5 mpg with mixed highway and tight twisty roads.

Here's a couple of pictures of its first day out. The wife (on the Ballabio) and I headed out to Western Mass and hit some of the classic New England roads and town centers. I'm sure Todd will recognize them.

Early morning in Salem, MA

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

I was in Massachuesetts last september, those photos remind me of Concorde, Lexington, and Williamstown. I loved that part of the USA, at times I felt like a celebrity, as soon as folks realised I was a Brit they made me feel especially welcome.
My sister and her husband visit New England twice a year and are looking to buy a property on the coast, and eventually hope to retire there. I hope so, coz that means cheap holidays! :)

So far it is a spectacular machine. Been riding it in the rain the last few days here and it handles it beautifully, soaks up the monster potholes in Boston better than my car, and overall, just a joy to be on.

Out of all my Geese, it might be my favorite.

Well done Guzzi.

Fantastic looking bike. Matter of fact, it looks just like MINE! I agree about the 200 pounds lighter, the soaking up potholes, and all of it.

And how cool to have your wife riding with you on a Ballabio, one of my other Favorite Guzzis ....

Lannis

The Ballabio has been a terrific bike. And one of the most reliable I've ever owned. It's got north of 60,000 on it, and its only been down for a clutch. Other than that the thing has been flawless and a ball to ride.

I hope the Stelvio proves to be as reliable. Those are big shoes to fill.

Well...

I'm just coming up on its first 2000 miles. It's had its first service and the throttle body balance has taken about all of the lurchiness that it first had. Throttle response is much smoother. It seems to run stronger every day now. The fuel mileage is edging up as well. On yesterdays 400 mile rip of some nice New England back roads and a couple of highway burns it turned in a respectable 42 mpg.

Today I wired in my Gerbings harness to extend the season. On the Ballabio and Ambassador with the Gerbings I was pretty comfortable down to 20 degrees and bit lower. I think with the Stelvio's wind protection, it should be even more comfortable.

I have had no issues so far, except for the little bubbling of paint around the fuel filler. The dealer took pictures and sent it off to Guzzi. Is this strictly the fault of the tank vent or is going to keep happening?

Still waiting for my engine crash bars as well. Seems that Guzzi's promotion was so successful that they started running out of stuff. :p

Doug

WitchCityBallabio said:
Well...

I'm just coming up on its first 2000 miles. It's had its first service and the throttle body balance has taken about all of the lurchiness that it first had. Throttle response is much smoother. It seems to run stronger every day now. The fuel mileage is edging up as well. On yesterdays 400 mile rip of some nice New England back roads and a couple of highway burns it turned in a respectable 42 mpg.

Today I wired in my Gerbings harness to extend the season. On the Ballabio and Ambassador with the Gerbings I was pretty comfortable down to 20 degrees and bit lower. I think with the Stelvio's wind protection, it should be even more comfortable.

I have had no issues so far, except for the little bubbling of paint around the fuel filler. The dealer took pictures and sent it off to Guzzi. Is this strictly the fault of the tank vent or is going to keep happening?

Still waiting for my engine crash bars as well. Seems that Guzzi's promotion was so successful that they started running out of stuff. :p

Doug

I have had two pieces of plastic replaced around the filler neck, the last one was painted differently than the other two where the paint does not come all the way down under the filler cap so the fuel can not wick up, also have your dealer replace the 4 allen machine bolts with ones 4mm shorter, snug it down and no more problems. If you attempt to snug the stock fasteners they will likely snap off when they bottm out. :blink: :blink:

Back