• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio/Quota meet in SoCal/Death Valley - Oct. 23-24th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallis, sorry you can't make it... no way to make it happen?

:h:0 days out guys & gals. Book now. We have a small contingent joining us from the North as well. See you there.

this is odd - i thought i posted on here earlier today, but it didn't work? my apologies if this is a repeat.

Todd, David and I are interested in doing this, tho i won't be doing any offroading unless it is VERY benign stuff. David rode Titus Canyon Rd (dirt) in DV earlier this year on his new GS, and said it was a blast in a pretty hairy way, considering he had never ridden in dirt before, and he was on a new bike with hard boxes. He also said the scenery was stupendous. I'm sure he'd recommend that road to you all.
I'll check out a room at Furnace Creek Ranch - sounds like that is the place.....
interested to hear how you broke your foot, Keith, NOT on a moto. gotta be a story there.....
talk soon.

~1 week out. Look forward to seeing everyone there. Our friend Antonio just posted that he may be coming in all the way from Guatemala(!).

Link to the Furnace Creek Ranch HERE via Google Maps. Make reservations direct. I have nothing set up for rooms or discounts.

Todd, unfortunately for me, I won't be able to make it. There are brand new front & back yards that are in progress right now here at home and they'll need all my attention next weekend.
-Mike

Still can't think of a good enough reason to not be there. One Quota won't charge the battery. Found a broken sub-frame on the other Quota. It is at the welder's shop tonight, so I'll probably leave northern Utah on Wednesday morning and have a leisurely ride to Death Valley.

See you there.

Mike

Well I've been looking forward to this trip for a few months, and have put off the decision as long as possible. The doctor tells me two more weeks before my foot is healed sufficiently. What an inconvienence this has been. J, I guess you'll have to wait to get the story, but it's not that interesting. I'm sure I can count on you to have a beer for me. Y'all have a good time now.

Bummer Keith, I was finally looking forward to meeting you. We won't hold it against you if you want to drive 4-wheels out.

quota said:
Still can't think of a good enough reason to not be there. One Quota won't charge the battery. Found a broken sub-frame on the other Quota. It is at the welder's shop tonight, so I'll probably leave northern Utah on Wednesday morning and have a leisurely ride to Death Valley. See you there.
Mike, sounds like you are on your way today. Safe travels, and look forward to seeing you there!

Well if 108 doesn't get snowed in with the next storm I was going to be heading down to death valley this weekend on my R65.
If all goes well it should hit 200K right about the time I hit D.V.

I'll be camping this weekend. I get laid off in a week and a half AND I'm a cheap bastard.
I'd do some dirt riding. The R65 loves the stuff.

Hopefully I'll run into ya.

johnk

John, very good... just be sure to find us on Sat. night and Furnace Creek Ranch. I'm betting we'll be in the Steakhouse or the Corkscrew Saloon.

JP, my pleasure... thanks for posting the great photos. I've moved them to the Ride Reports section HERE.
The idea of the ride was for everything to do exactly what they wanted, when they wanted. Seemed to work out great aside from us not getting to spend much time together. Next time. Glad you enjoyed it, we sure did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back