• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

re-called in Canada

Forseti

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Well... I got a call from Gearhead that my bike is being re-called for the tappet replace. I was curious if any of the other Canadian Stelvio's were done? I don't recall hearing of any.
I have noticed no issues with the engine but if they want to change the parts out then go for it. lol I only have about 22km on her with out a engine issue so I hope they don't mess anything up. :lol:

Shrike: Is this the camshaft/Tappet replacement recall that has been around since 09 ? How come someone justfigured out it applies to your bike? You've had it a while haven't you?
FBC

I was about to say the same thing. :eek:
When I got the bike in Oct 09 they had this cam replacement issue.

Is this what there talking about?

FrostBittenCanadian said:
Shrike: Is this the camshaft/Tappet replacement recall that has been around since 09 ? How come someone just figured out it applies to your bike?

Welcome to the great service of Gearhead in Ottawa. This is the dealer that is a 10 minute ride from my place and a 30 minute walk yet I refuse to deal with them (and they refuse to deal with me because I bought my '09 Stelvio from Moto International for $7k less than they were selling an '08 model on their floor). They are pretty incompetent. Unless something has changed in the last three months, they don't have a Guzzi-certified mechanic to work on the bikes, nor do they have the proper diagnostic tools for the 5AM engines from my understanding. Given I have a VDST I'm probably better equipped to work on the bikes than the Gearhead mechanic (and probably have more experience given the Gearhead mechanics keep quitting because of poor pay). There was a dude on the WildGuzzi forum that took his Griso there for some sort of head problem and Gearhead told them they weren't equipped to work on it. Dan, the owner, is a big loser and has quite a bad reputation here in the Ottawa bike community. He had a Honda dealership prior to picking up the Piaggio/Victory lines and I believe Honda yanked it. It's amazing that Piaggio US yanked the Guzzi dealerships from many smaller, well supporting dealers here in Canada yet left that orfice maintain his dealership despite many unhappy Guzzi riders here in Ottawa and area.

That's my Gearhead rant for today.

Shrike - do yourself a favor and go to BMW Toronto. I can't say if they're any better, but they can't be any worse.

Cory

DanPez said:
I was about to say the same thing. :eek:
When I got the bike in Oct 09 they had this cam replacement issue.

Is this what there talking about?

I bought my Stelvio in November 2009 and my dealer said the cam recall had been done on it at that time.

Bruce

Inexcuseable! this has been a known issue for two years and a 'Technical Update', (ie. a recall not called a recall.) was announced ages ago over a year certainly. In the instructions on the Servicemotoguzzi website it CLEARLY STATES that NO machines ithin the range are to be sold until the work has been carried out. The fact that this is STILL happening begars belief!!!!!

http://www.servicemotoguzzi.com/public/ ... 2-2009.pdf

I mean???? Look at the f@cking date on it!!!!

Pete

Yup I have had her for over a year and 20Km. I had checked my vin against the lists of affected bikes and found nothing. I asked at the shop when getting first service as well and was told that it didn't qualify.

The incompetence shows no bounds.

My Stelvio was just bought in September. It is an 09 and was on the showroom floor for a year and the recall wasn't done either. Now I am getting it fixed at another dealer for an engine overheat warning. They checked the VIN and found the cam recall wasn't done and I have been without my new bike for 4 weeks after having it for a few days.

greenguzzi said:
My Stelvio was just bought in September. It is an 09 and was on the showroom floor for a year and the recall wasn't done either. Now I am getting it fixed at another dealer for an engine overheat warning. They checked the VIN and found the cam recall wasn't done and I have been without my new bike for 4 weeks after having it for a few days.

Which dealership did you buy your Stelvio from?

Bruce

Hi Bruce
I bought it from Rivercity in Kamloops B.C. [a little far for you to go]. It was a good deal as they had it quite a while. They also still have 2 Grisos,2 V7s,and a 2007 Norge all new and for good prices. Valley Yamaha is doing the recall in Chilliwack B.C.

greenguzzi said:
Hi Bruce
I bought it from Rivercity in Kamloops B.C. [a little far for you to go]. It was a good deal as they had it quite a while. They also still have 2 Grisos,2 V7s,and a 2007 Norge all new and for good prices. Valley Yamaha is doing the recall in Chilliwack B.C.

Haven't been to Kamloops in many years, but I really love that part of the country. It's good that Valley Yamaha caught the recall problem and are looking after it for you. Isn't the Stelvio a great, fun bike?

Bruce

Hi Bruce
I am looking forward to it . But since I haven't even had much of a chance to ride it ask me again next fall. My buddy in Kamloops has a 2007 Norge he bought there and it has been trouble free. I just want to get the bugs out now so it will be ready for next spring. Bill

greenguzzi said:
Hi Bruce
I am looking forward to it . But since I haven't even had much of a chance to ride it ask me again next fall. My buddy in Kamloops has a 2007 Norge he bought there and it has been trouble free. I just want to get the bugs out now so it will be ready for next spring. Bill

Oh, it won't take until next fall for you to get to know this sweet bike, Bill. I'll bet if I talk to you sometime in the early spring you will be head over heels in love with your Stella. :D I bought mine a little less than a year ago and now have a tad over 12,000 km. on it. Whether I am riding solo or with my wife on the pillion, I just can't get enough of it.

Bruce

greenguzzi said:

Four weeks! Good grief. our importer had recall kits in stock for all affected bikes imported here. Slap in a claim, parts take a day to come, job takes three hours maximum. I don't understand WHY it is that it takes some people so long to get the job done?? It is neither complex or difficult.

It happens here too. I had one bloke ride up from Bendigo, about 650km away, for me to swap out a porous cylinder head because his local dealer where he'd bought the bike told him a warranty claim would take 'Months'. Approval too two hours and the head, (Which isn't the sort of thing the importer is likely to have in stock. Very small market.) took about 2 weeks ex-Italy and we're at the arse end of the earth!!!! I'm slapping in a warranty claim on a Stelvio LH switchblock today for my mate John. As long as the part is in stock in Shitney I'd expect to have it here by the end of the week. Not sure what happened to it but all the blue smoke escaped out of it! Bike may need a new loom. That'll be fun....NOT!

Pete

I was told the followers were out of stock in New York so they had to come from Italy. I just talked to Valley Yamaha and my bike should be ready today. Now its just a ferry ride and and a couple of hours each way and I should have it home. I am looking forward to a break in the rain to give it a whirl. Thanks to everybody for the interest

A dealership here in Vancouver just mentioned they'd sent a Guzzi to Valley Yamaha for the recall work too. In fact, last time I was there, they were working on another dealership's broken Aprilia.

Perhaps I should ride out today and ask Gord what he's doing with all his spare time.

Then duck and run...

greenguzzi said:
Hi Bruce

Back