• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Windshield Advice

jklotz

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm going to be needing a new windshield on my 09' Stelvio. The 2 options I've found are the Calsci and Givi. Anybody tried either of these? Did they solve the buffeting problem? Also, what size Calsci screen did you get? If it helps, I'm 5'11" and ride with the seat in the tall position.

Thanks!

I'm 6'2" and fitted the givi, still get some buffeting although a great deal better than standard, I'm thinking about fitting a spoiler the the top of the screen, I have an MRA screen on my naked SV1000 which is very good, they don't do anything for Stelvios but I wonder if they'd sell me a spoiler?
http://www.mrashop.de/mrashop/cmsAction ... &idcat=164

Yeah I have one of their screens with the spoiler on my Kawasaki Z1000 and it's amazing how well it works...and plus you can adjust the spoiler to direct airflow with 6 positions. they use to sell the spoilers separately and you just had to drill your windscreen to add it on..

I also have the givi and it really works better than the original, just take the time to play with the adjustment and you will find a very nice position for driving.

I have the Givi, am 6' tall and have the seat at its high position.
With the large screen at max height I can be doing over the legal limit visor up with not much problem. Not really tried the lower seat position yet, which I guess would improve things even more.

Recommended

I have a Calisi xl tall model, I'm 6' tall, seat in the high position and have the windshield adjusted in the middle, no buffeting all all and I can raise it if the rain is to bad to help keep me dry.

I like the air vent in the middle / bottom of the shield, it lets the air get to you in the hot summer time, also helps with the buffeting.

I am 1m71 tall and I have also the Givi , in the lower position and it's perfect for me with the seat in the lower position too.
There is a big difference with the original Guzzi windshield for the noise in the helmet.

Franck

Hi

I had the Givi screen which works well although i do get a bit of buffeting at speeds above 65 (I'm 6ft).

I had the offer of second hand Touratech GS screen extension which grips the top of the screen and extends it by approx 5 inches.
Bit to tall on the Givi on lowest setting, the top of the screen extender was just in eye line.

Tried it on the the standard screen at max height and it seems to work well, bit more wind around the sides but it pushes the air a bit higher allowing higher speeds before buffet starts again.

Smoothym

01-044-0410-01.jpg

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/search.lasso?SearchTerm=windscreen+spoiler

Here is my vote...

I am 6'-2", I purchased both the Givi and the Calsci shields. II found the Give to be a better fit and finish and in addition it has a small flair at the top the helps direct the wind further. I have found that I get a little bit of buffeting when riding solo at freeway speeds, but two up loaded down it works fine.. the seat is in the low position. I wish the Givi shield was made about an inch taller :roll:

I'm 6ft 2inches and have cut 1 1/2 inches off the top of my screen and the transformation has been excellent, I have no buffeting or wind noise up to 70mph then moderate noise above 70mph. I had it cut down by a friend of mine who has a small bandsaw.

Cheers

Ian

Found a Givi screen cheapish on EBay and decided to give it a try. I recently rode halfway across Canada (in 2.5 days) and ended up with headaches from all the buffeting no matter how I adjusted the stock screen.

The Givi is just a bit taller and, on the highest setting, makes highway life bearable. I'm 5'11" and get just the barest hint of buffeting on the very top of my helmet with the seat in it's lowest position. Riding with visor up on a hot day is no problem at all and lowering the screen forces a decent amount of air into the helmet's top vents.

All in all a good buy, but I'd still like another inch on the screen for total coverage on long highway trips...

I think there's a sort of dead band where you get most buffeting, you can remove it by going tall or going very short. I've never had any success with tall screens so have opted for making my screen more of a shorty. I rode the bike today with no screen on at all and that was superb, trouble is it looked really odd.

Cheers

Ian

I bought the tall screen from Teo Lamers. Its about 2 inch over stock size. At 6'4" There is tolerable wind noise for eveyday use. If I am going on long trips I clip on a Touratech spoiler and can ride all day at 70 plus with helmet visor open.
I have tried all sorts of screens on bikes and this set up works the best for me.

Thanks Mark

I've now cut 1 1/2 inches off my screen and can comfortably hit 85mph with no buffeting and very little windblast. I'm more than happy with screen now and won't be cutting any more off it.

Cutdownscreen.jpg

Cheers All

Ian

I have the XL Calsci and as far as the wind goes, it's great. Can ride with the visor up with no buffeting.
On the NTX, however, it fouls the handguards, particularly when set on the higher position, as the widest part of the screen impacts enough to limit the steering lock.
I'm still happy with it, though, cos I spend more time riding then maneuvering in the driveway.
BTW, I'm 6' 2" or 188cm in French.

Back