• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2011 Stelvio Refresh

SockMonkey

Tuned and Synch'ed
Nice new color, nice new wheels, now how about that fuel tank..?

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/11/the-2011-moto-guzzi-stelvio-is-angry/

2011-Moto-Guzzi-Stelvio.jpg

I'm betting that is a arteest rendition, since they haven't unveiled yet, but I'll certainly be watching. Thanks for the post.

The Guzzi rep was at our gathering at the Vanilla Bean yesterday and he told me to keep an eye out for what Guzzi unveils at EICMA.

Said he'd be interested in hearing what I thought. Makes me think there are going to be more surprises from Guzzi this year.

I like the look of the wire wheels on the Stelvio better. The rest of it looks pretty good. Looks like the windshield might have gotten a little update. Perhaps the tank is bigger.

Holy crap! A Norwegian site is reporting the new Stelvio coming equipped with a 32 liter tank (8.45 gallons). Uh, wow..! If true, I sure hope MG found room way down low for that extra 3+ gallons. But, damn! A 300+ mile bike? Excellent...

This just in...

As is fitting with its heritage of classic Italian style and innovation, Moto Guzzi introduces the revamped and improved Stelvio NTX to its model lineup. Based on the Stelvio 1200 - which acquired its name from the famous Alpine pass that connects Italy's Valtelline Valley to the Vinschgau Valley - the Stelvio NTX reaches a record range thanks to a new, 32-litre fuel tank. The Stelvio NTX's aerodynamically designed fairing , backed by Moto Guzzi's renowned V-shaped 90 degree transverse twin-cylinder engine, is perfect for short and long road trips, and will be available in dealerships at the end of 2011.

GT-Rx said:
This just in...

As is fitting with its heritage of classic Italian style and innovation, Moto Guzzi introduces the revamped and improved Stelvio NTX to its model lineup. Based on the Stelvio 1200 - which acquired its name from the famous Alpine pass that connects Italy's Valtelline Valley to the Vinschgau Valley - the Stelvio NTX reaches a record range thanks to a new, 32-litre fuel tank. The Stelvio NTX's aerodynamically designed fairing , backed by Moto Guzzi's renowned V-shaped 90 degree transverse twin-cylinder engine, is perfect for short and long road trips, and will be available in dealerships at the end of 2011.

And just when Rotopax thought it was going to make really good money (ok, so-so money) off of Stelvio riders, MG goes and quashes that revenue stream. But again, holy crap! 32 liters..!?

2011 Stelvio NTX 'Cane toad

The pics of the 'New' Stelvio were the semen spurts of a wet dream by some stylist. There is nowhere for the extra fuel. If there is a 32 litre tank version it'll look very different, (Like a bloated Bullfrog is my guess! Perhaps they'll call it the 'Cane Toad!).

Pete

2011 Stelvio NTX

The bike above/below was posted by 'guzzyo' on the French forum. He often has (very) inside information...

stelvio1590490.jpg

Thank you, Piaggio, for listening to your customers and their concerns. You have come up with, in my mind, the perfect answer. Now, to top it all off, please develop a Stage 1 accessory which includes an "off road use only" exhaust and ECM package.

Thank you!

Ray

GUZIRDR said:
Here is another Pic I found!!
Interesting that this one sports spoked wheels... and even though the jokes are flying under a separate thread, I'm happy that they seemed to have "addressed" the issues we have had (fuel capacity and rear rim size to name two), however, are we ready to sell/trade up for the new one? I'm going to find out what the pricing is on the new parts for retro-fit the minute the parts list is available. I know it won't be cheap, but I *REALLY* like the high-output motor of my '09.

Re: 2011 Norge

Still got some semen left, Pete? : :woohoo:

I love the motor... the ride... everything about my 09 except the fuel capacity. (now that I have changed the rear rim and have the recall finally being done)

That being said... retrofit to get the tank capacity or trade in and get the capacity..... either way I am betting that it is gona cost way too much coin on my end.

I know Gearhead (my "local" dealer) would not give me squat on a trade in as they still have a black 09 in the showroom.

I doubt it will be as simple as replacing the existing tank 'cause I doubt the new bigger one would fit under the 09 bodywork.

Grrr...
Might have to get the Luigi fuel container... Not a cheap option either and still not as much fuel capacity but I am betting much cheaper than the other options. :(

Re: 2011 Norge

I think I like mine better (Stucchi's aux tank or rotopax would work if I was ever that far from fuel) But I definitely like Petes name for the new one... fits the look.
fbc

there is much room between bodywork and the real tank with the old one, the new tank looks like there is no cover over it. That makes a lot of difference. The aluminium stelvio tank that has roughly the original shape also has 30 liter.

Interesting the new ecu with two lambdas.

The new Stelvio MY 2011 will be on sale from next Spring boasting Guzzi Black and
Diamond White colour schemes, while the NTX will flaunt a brand new colour concept on
a black satin finish base.

• New cutting-edge Continental ABS.
• New instrument panel with increased scale fuel level indicator.
• New headlight fairing.
• New 32 litre fuel tank.
• New windshield.
• New saddle lining.
• New Moto Guzzi customised side panniers.
• Brand new shaped saddle.
• Single overhead camshaft timing system with decreased valve control noise
level.
• New profile camshafts.
• New exhaust system.

original press release link below.

pauldaytona said:
there is much room between bodywork and the real tank with the old one, the new tank looks like there is no cover over it. That makes a lot of difference. The aluminium stelvio tank that has roughly the original shape also has 30 liter.
Interesting the new ecu with two lambdas.
Paul, thanks for the informative post, and I agree on above about the current tank & surround. My thoughts were to do exactly what they did, so I can strike that one off the to-do list. Tell me more about the "aluminum Stelvio tank."
The new ECU must be Seimens/VDO... good news, as I am now able to re-program these.

PDF file/link below... thanks all!

Attachments

• MGStelv2011Press.pdf
    178.7 KB · Views: 108
Love the new tank size. It's enough to be a reserve for friends bikes on the road. Now that CA has the new motor bike muffler/silencer law I have a dead line to get one no later than 2012.
pauldaytona said:
The aluminium stelvio tank that has roughly the original shape also has 30 liter.
Haven't seen one of these, where are they available?

So does anyone have any news as to retrofitting to the larger tank??? Is it a possibility??
Or any info on this aluminum tank mentioned above? Is it available and from where? etc.

Back