• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1200 fuel overflow

kingbee

Just got it firing!
Hello, Im new to this so I hope Im using the correct forum. The fueltank overflow breather on my Breva 1200 appears to be blocked. I have removed the tank to check if the pipe was nipped but all is ok. The breather is clear from the exit point back up to the Tee piece but from the Tee piece up over it seems to be blocked. I have tried blowing down it and threading a small wire but it seems to hit a dead end about 4 inches down. Overspilt fuel or water when it rains just sits in the well around the filler. Can anyone help. J.P.

kingbee said:
Hello, Im new to this so I hope Im using the correct forum. The fueltank overflow breather on my Breva 1200 appears to be blocked. I have removed the tank to check if the pipe was nipped but all is ok. The breather is clear from the exit point back up to the Tee piece but from the Tee piece up over it seems to be blocked. I have tried blowing down it and threading a small wire but it seems to hit a dead end about 4 inches down. Overspilt fuel or water when it rains just sits in the well around the filler. Can anyone help. J.P.

Here or the Breva/Norge/Sport section would be even better. A search resulted in this thread. https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/5441.html

This happenend to my 1100 Breva a couple of years ago. The drain was so blocked that water that collected under the gas cap after washing the bike would migrate past the cap's rubber seal and get into the petrol. This resulted in an intermittent miss that would make the engine momentarily die, killing the lights and giving the impression that the problem was electrical.

You will need to remove the tank, and trace the origin of the two hoses that connect to the T-junction. One of the hoses acts as a breather for the tank internals, and the other as a drain for the area under the cap. If you blow into one of the hoses and then open the cap, if it clears than this is the breather hose. Remove the other hose (the one for the cap drain) and then carefully unscrew the brass spigot that is threaded into the tank itself. Clear the blockage in the spigot, and then reassemble.

In my case, Guzzibob provided an electric drill to clear the obstruction, it was so tough that a wire wouldn't make any headway. My bike had been in storage for a few months, so I assume that water and other contaminants had combined to form an solid mass. After a fresh tank of gas, the missing disappeared and never returned.

Thanks Dave, your description sounds exactly like my problem. I have ran the tank empty so I'll follow your instructions and see how I get on. Its great to know there's help out there if you know where to ask. J.P.

Just be a little careful when removing the brass spigot, it is threaded into the plastic tank which isn't the strongest of materials. I think when I revisit mine one, I'm gonna reinforce it with some JB Weld.

Probably everyone knows this by now but just in case - the left side hose nipple serves the filler cap drain and the right side one the tank breather. Viewed looking forwards of course. Care needs to be taken when refitting a removed tank that the breather hose isn't trapped between the tank and the airbox.

Thanks everyone. I followed your instructions and found the blockage in the threaded spiggot as described. It was a hard white deposit, maybe some chrystalised fuel additive. I cleared it out with a small needle file. Everything went ok apart from about an hour trying to disconnect the fuel connector. Eventually just as I was about to give up it seemed to fall apart. Even after studying it for a while I couldnt work out how to do it again so I just snapped it home again. Any advice for next time anyone.Thanks again J.P.

Back