• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

oil pressure guage for breva 1100

jmac851

Just got it firing!
Has anyone come up with an adapter to fit a pressure guage on a breva 1100?

kiwi dave said:
Are you just trying to increase your worry factor? Why not install a voltmeter at the same time? :D
???????
The modern Guzzis already have a volt meter. They do lack an oil pressure gauge and instead rely on a feeble pressure switch and idiot light.

double.d said:
Are you riding extreme conditions where you need one :?:

I just want better confidence and information on what's going on with the oil delivery system. The current combination of slowly failing pumps on (too many for my liking) Norges and known problems with faulty sender units (and many replacements) does not give me confidence that I won't get a false warning or a no true warning before everything goes bang.

Art

When did you last find an oil pressure gauge in a modern car, or bike for that matter? Better to worry about more life threatening things when riding.

Actually, my 07 Miata does have an oil pressure guage. Not because it "needs" it, but rather I think because its a sports car & people who buy sports cars are prone to liking more rather than less information, so its just about marketing. I installed a voltmeter on my 78 T3-because the older Guzzis with the Bosch charging system DO need it IMHO because the Bosch alternator rotors are prone to taking a dump from time to time, & its very useful to know when that happens so you can shut off the headlight immed & get much, much further (over 200 miles) before you have to stop to recharge the battery to help get you home-or start walking.

As for the Norge (of which I also have one), I fully understand where Art is coming from. However, every single known oil pump failure but one, irrespective of vehicle mileage, has occured on Norges with a build date of 10-11/06. So if my Norge was built 10-11/06 (it wasn't) I'd be looking for an oil pressure guage too. Absent that, I just keep an eye out for the red triangle and low pressure indicator & ride the heck out of it. The build date is on the plate on the top of the steering head just under the front of the gas tank-or alternately, a Norge serial number ending roughly 112208-112363, the range of known or suspected failures, other than the solitary example that is later (4/07). Moreover, there is not a single failure that I am aware of on any model other than a Norge. So the suspected bad batch of pumps or whatever is causing this must have been confined to the assembly run of Norges, all but one in that narrow range of build dates. So if I had anything other than a Norge, I wouldn't be worrying at all. But if you gotta have it, then I guess you gotta have it. Hope you eventually get it & obtain peace of mind, that certainly has value.

Back